Author Topic: FlashLight  (Read 654 times)

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
FlashLight
« on: 27-07-2012, 17:07:42 »
Hello =)

I noticed there is FlashLight in equipment, i tried to use it but the mesh seems not to be there :/ Did i miss something?

I am thinking of next warsaw uprising map which will include sewers, and flash light would be very important... Maybe anyone knows another flashlight from BF2 or how to get this one to work?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: FlashLight
« Reply #1 on: 27-07-2012, 17:07:55 »
I think that is for mappers to test lighting.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-07-2012, 18:07:52 »
Allright then, but i have seen some kind of "spot light" in one of new italian maps, the one where British attack Italian positions on hills (night map). What is making that light?? Maybe i could use that somehow =)

Offline Wakain

• Why no Italian bias?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-07-2012, 22:07:10 »
note that you can't have different forms of lighting on one map, thus if you'd like to have dark sewers you'd have to make it a night map.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #4 on: 29-07-2012, 23:07:14 »
note that you can't have different forms of lighting on one map, thus if you'd like to have dark sewers you'd have to make it a night map.

Care to explain what you mean by that? 
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30-07-2012, 11:07:24 »
Why is that? You think that making Sun strong and ambient light low will not work? I mean, sun doesint reach underground :/

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30-07-2012, 11:07:54 »
Dyamic Light doesn´t work proper in BF2.

Any way for an Sewer Map you will need to Model the whole terrain in Max, Maya or another Programm.

Cause afaik you can´t cut holes into the ground mesh that is created by the Editor, so you need to Model your own one.

You can have Sewers on Day Maps that are Dark without Light, cause of the Lightmaps.