Author Topic: Forgotten Hope 2.15 won't work  (Read 3544 times)

Offline [RCP] Weirdo

• View Profile
Forgotten Hope 2.15 won't work
« on: 22-05-2009, 11:05:24 »
Heey guys,
I downloaded Forgotten Hope 2 lately, and I saw a patch (2.1 to 2.15) was available.
So i installed the game, and ran the patch, but the maps and other stuff included in the 2.15 patch don't show. :(
So what should I do now ????
Anybody an idea?

Thanks ;)
Special Air Sevice
-WHO DARES, WINS!-

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope 2.15 won't work
« Reply #1 on: 22-05-2009, 11:05:07 »
So did you try to run the maps in SP or MP?
2.15 had no new SP maps, so those won't show in your ingame menu.
Play Fh2 with rest of us! It's tons of fun!
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline [RCP] Weirdo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-05-2009, 12:05:12 »
So did you try to run the maps in SP or MP?
2.15 had no new SP maps, so those won't show in your ingame menu.
Play Fh2 with rest of us! It's tons of fun!
Well I tried to create a multuplayer map, but there are no Normandy maps, so I think the patch is not working actually.
but I will come online to play with you guys
Special Air Sevice
-WHO DARES, WINS!-

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-05-2009, 12:05:41 »
There are no Normandy maps released to public yet. Only North African and Cretan maps.

Offline [RCP] Weirdo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-05-2009, 12:05:00 »
There are no Normandy maps released to public yet. Only North African and Cretan maps.
Thank you for your answer.!
You have any idea when the 2.2 patch will come out, and if the normandy maps are in it?
I think I found the problem, I patched my FH2 from version 2.0 to 2.15 without first patching to 2.1, so I think that's the problem.
Special Air Sevice
-WHO DARES, WINS!-

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-05-2009, 12:05:18 »
Please, you do not need to use Bolding on your messages. We can read it just fine without. Of course, you are Mr T so you have to have some tone in that speech, eh? ;)

Anyhoo, the 2.2 will be released sometime during this year (hopefully) and it will indeed have Normandy maps, tons of new vehicles and weapons. Also, Americans and maybe even Canadians are in it too!

And yes you have a problem there. Patching from 2.0 directly to 2.15 is no go. Easiest way is to download the Full Install 2.15 as it has all previous versions in it too. So you do not need to download 2.0, 2.1 and then 2.15 in order to play online.

Get full 2.15 from the links provided in the category for "Full Download" behind this link:
http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/main.php?module=downloads

Offline [RCP] Weirdo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-05-2009, 13:05:23 »
Please, you do not need to use Bolding on your messages. We can read it just fine without. Of course, you are Mr T so you have to have some tone in that speech, eh? ;)

Anyhoo, the 2.2 will be released sometime during this year (hopefully) and it will indeed have Normandy maps, tons of new vehicles and weapons. Also, Americans and maybe even Canadians are in it too!

And yes you have a problem there. Patching from 2.0 directly to 2.15 is no go. Easiest way is to download the Full Install 2.15 as it has all previous versions in it too. So you do not need to download 2.0, 2.1 and then 2.15 in order to play online.

Get full 2.15 from the links provided in the category for "Full Download" behind this link:
http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/main.php?module=downloads
Thanks for your comment.
I'm downloading the full version of 2.15 now, but do i have to uinstal my fh2 2.0 version?
Special Air Sevice
-WHO DARES, WINS!-

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22-05-2009, 13:05:40 »
Just go to Battlefield 2 folder, then find Mods folder and within that folder you see a folder called fh2. Just delete that fh2 folder before installing any other versions to avoid mixups.

Battlefield2/mods/fh2

Also, to avoid shader problems you can also go to My Documents/Battlefield 2/mods/fh2/cache and delete the folders inside (folders that have names like {D7B7.......} and so on). You will have to optimize your shaders when you load in the first time, but you shouldnt get the problems like black'n white ironsights bug when you go ingame with "clean table". :)

Offline [RCP] Weirdo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22-05-2009, 13:05:26 »
Just go to Battlefield 2 folder, then find Mods folder and within that folder you see a folder called fh2. Just delete that fh2 folder before installing any other versions to avoid mixups.

Battlefield2/mods/fh2

Also, to avoid shader problems you can also go to My Documents/Battlefield 2/mods/fh2/cache and delete the folders inside (folders that have names like {D7B7.......} and so on). You will have to optimize your shaders when you load in the first time, but you shouldnt get the problems like black'n white ironsights bug when you go ingame with "clean table". :)
Well I've deleted both maps/folders, and I'm waiting for my download to be ready. So thanks for your help.
Special Air Sevice
-WHO DARES, WINS!-

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22-05-2009, 13:05:07 »
Just delete the whole "fh2" folder. Installer will create the folder again with the featured content. So you do not need a previous folder there. :)

Also, remember to launch FH2 with its own shortcut and exit the mod properly from within the game. This is to avoid problems with shaders and such.

Offline [RCP] Weirdo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22-05-2009, 13:05:12 »
Just delete the whole "fh2" folder. Installer will create the folder again with the featured content. So you do not need a previous folder there. :)

Also, remember to launch FH2 with its own shortcut and exit the mod properly from within the game. This is to avoid problems with shaders and such.
You mean completly uinstal FH2, or just deleting the folder you said from my computer?
Special Air Sevice
-WHO DARES, WINS!-

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22-05-2009, 13:05:23 »
Yes that is basically how you uninstall FH2 by deleting the "fh2" folder from mods directory in your Battlefield 2 directory. And as you wont need the old version, you can delete it the same way you delete any files you want to, by emptying the trash bin. Deleting the "fh2" folder is the same as uninstalling in this case.

For some reason the uninstall function doesnt work. I guess the devs dont want you to uninstall the mod. :P

Offline [RCP] Weirdo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22-05-2009, 13:05:32 »
Yes that is basically how you uninstall FH2 by deleting the "fh2" folder from mods directory in your Battlefield 2 directory. And as you wont need the old version, you can delete it the same way you delete any files you want to, by emptying the trash bin. Deleting the "fh2" folder is the same as uninstalling in this case.

For some reason the uninstall function doesnt work. I guess the devs dont want you to uninstall the mod. :P
And they're right why would you uninstall?
But I actually needed to and now  I'm still waiting for 2.15 to be ready with downloading, can't wait ;) :D
Special Air Sevice
-WHO DARES, WINS!-

Offline [RCP] Weirdo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22-05-2009, 16:05:44 »
Heey I downloaded the full version of FH 2.15 but when I tried to open it to instal, it took me ages and eventually it didn't open. It just caused my pc to tell me that 'explorer.exe' was not reacting.
What is it that I do wrong? ???
Special Air Sevice
-WHO DARES, WINS!-

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22-05-2009, 16:05:59 »
Hmmm sounds odd. Did winrar unpack the file correctly?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off