Author Topic: Fury minimap?  (Read 1090 times)

Offline nysä

• View Profile
Fury minimap?
« on: 29-09-2016, 13:09:07 »
Just wondering, since Ramelle Neuville is quite often in the map circulation; how about Fury-inspirited minimap, with a DAK Tiger and one or two PAKs? I think the map could be build from an existing one such as "Purple Heart Lane", it pretty much matches the battle sequence from the movie.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Fury minimap?
« Reply #1 on: 29-09-2016, 13:09:40 »
feel free to create one and donate it to the future CMP

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29-09-2016, 16:09:20 »
Please no more movie battles....  next we're going to have the desert Battle of the Bulge map from that awful movie....

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-09-2016, 17:09:08 »
Personally... if I wanted a map about western front 1945, I'd try to choose a battle that would allow the use of vehicles such as the Pershing and Chaffee.  ;D

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29-09-2016, 18:09:04 »
Loved Fury. :D Not a bad movie overall. But like Flippy said, if the FH devs do a map they'll base it on a real battle. One of the beta testers had a Paderborn map in the works. (I don't think the terrain was finished even) But it fell to the wayside.

Mapping takes a ton of time and patience so I don't blame him  :P

I'd love to see that Pershing used in a proper map tho

EDIT: there is a certain WW2 movie coming out next summer that I would LOVE to see a map based on. No plans to do it yet tho ;D
« Last Edit: 29-09-2016, 18:09:46 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29-09-2016, 18:09:56 »
EDIT: there is a certain WW2 movie coming out next summer that I would LOVE to see a map based on. No plans to do it yet tho ;D

Is it about this?  ;)
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29-09-2016, 21:09:53 »
Oh yes. :) I'd love to see an ambitious naval/ air map about Dunkirk. Or even just one of the many French, British efforts to hold the line. Battle of Cassel would be cool.

That movie is going to be hugely popular I think, so hopefully it'll generate some WW2 hype and get people looking to play FH2 more.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30-09-2016, 19:09:17 »

Certainly, will be ready sometime in late 2019

Please no more movie battles....  next we're going to have the desert Battle of the Bulge map from that awful movie....

Didn't mean anything big, more like a minimap (or even a fanmap if you will) modded from an existing one. I never even saw the damn movie btw. But anyways... it would be nice to see a late war map with a Tiger I; maybe in the future/possible Berlin map (?)
« Last Edit: 30-09-2016, 19:09:49 by nysä »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-09-2016, 19:09:39 »

Certainly, will be ready sometime in late 2019
Better late than never.

Didn't mean anything big, more like a minimap (or even a fanmap if you will) modded from an existing one. I never even saw the damn movie btw. But anyways... it would be nice to see a late war map with a Tiger I; maybe in the future/possible Berlin map (?)
that sounds like a terrible idea tbh

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-09-2016, 19:09:24 »
that sounds like a terrible idea tbh

What sounds? Seeing enough bits from Fury, aesthetics and style matches exactly the Purple Heart Lane. Just take 1/4 square from the map and volá
« Last Edit: 30-09-2016, 19:09:04 by nysä »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30-09-2016, 20:09:14 »
aesthetics and style matches exactly the Purple Heart Lane. Just take 1/4 square from the map and volá
No, it doesn't match it at all. And you design map with a gameplay in mind, unless you want it to be unplayable and doesn't make any sense. Or do you just want to recreate a short "hollywood awesome" but utterly stupid Tiger battle scene from Fury for some weird reason? For that, you can probably edit the map in the notepad for your own fun, spawn a tiger, add a bunch of shermans here and there and volá  ;)

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30-09-2016, 20:09:46 »
For that, you can probably edit the map in the notepad for your own fun, spawn a tiger, add a bunch of shermans here and there and volá  ;)

Sure, sounds like fun.
« Last Edit: 30-09-2016, 20:09:17 by nysä »

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30-09-2016, 22:09:21 »
Im All in for movie maps if it will make more players play :-)
Indiana Jones Whip pickup kit  ;D