Author Topic: Goodbye all.  (Read 1150 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Goodbye all.
« on: 24-02-2017, 09:02:11 »
Hi Everyone,
I thought I should finally inform the community that I am taking a step back finally from the mod's community.

This may be no surprise to a few, and may indeed be met with 'Good riddance' by most.

I look fondly at the distant past when members like Jumjum and Pajama Shark and Coca-Cola were the sort of fun forumers you could run into, and banter was sharply witted with running gags and a strong community spirit.

Von Mudra was the assertive one, believe it or not -- Lobo was dictator, Flippy Warbear burned people with his dry wit or a subtle but firm paw, and Dream-crushing was Lightning's magic.

When we made strides by maverick ideas alone to keep singleplayer alive and indeed get it up to being a respected part of the game. I may have only contributed in concepts and connections, but I was happy, and honored to have had a role (albeit minor) in.

I still see Typhoons fire rockets, Stuka's dive with horns blaring, tanks fire on the gallop and artillery plaster targets well out of visual range, and think "This was our finest hour"

I wish I had gotten out then, or perhaps when JumJum did. When Filefront collapsed. Perhaps the community, and especially the veterans, devs and beta testers would still view me as an informed contributor to the Game community.

you might still see me ingame as I still believe Forgotten Hope to be my favorite game of all time, and a thing of pride I was glad to have been a part of.

But after 10 years in the community, I don't have the nerves I once did, especially with the subtle and not-so-subtle racism. I fear I've becoming something of a curmudgeon among the community and time has marched on with me. 

I wish the younger, up and coming fans and players all the best in cultivating a vibrant culture and community I once enjoyed so much in times past. Let comrade veteran such as my friend Hetzenhauer take you under their wing. They'll give you a helluva squad game, I assure you.

There's no glorious last battle left to ride into and die in. So allow me to fade away like a warhorse put out to pasture.

Your Faithful brother in arms,
Djinn
« Last Edit: 24-02-2017, 09:02:40 by djinn »

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye all.
« Reply #1 on: 24-02-2017, 16:02:14 »
Fare thee well, Djinn! You are a great squadleader to have a round with. I for one will miss your thought-out posts on tactics and teamplay, that is the sort of player and poster the community benefits from most.

But after 10 years in the community, I don't have the nerves I once did, especially with the subtle and not-so-subtle racism. I fear I've becoming something of a curmudgeon among the community and time has marched on with me. 

Something I have noticed more often ingame - I hope you have not seen too much on the forum. Has the gaming community always been so overwhelmingly white, male, and reactionary? A sign of the times? Whatever it is, I'll try and keep up the good fight.

I still see Typhoons fire rockets, Stuka's dive with horns blaring, tanks fire on the gallop and artillery plaster targets well out of visual range, and think "This was our finest hour"

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain...

Happy trails bud and I will hope to see you again.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-02-2017, 19:02:50 »
You'll be much missed djinn :(  I'm sorry to see you leaving like this- kinda wish you weren't, but I guess we all have our reasons.  I wish you luck in your life and hope to still see you on the battlefield sometimes. :)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-02-2017, 07:02:30 »
Bye Djinn!

FH2 SP won't be like it is now without you pestering all of us there.

Thank you, and keep in touch!

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-02-2017, 09:02:13 »
Goodbye. May you ever rethink, we are waiting. We will miss you.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-03-2017, 02:03:33 »

Something I have noticed more often ingame - I hope you have not seen too much on the forum. Has the gaming community always been so overwhelmingly white, male, and reactionary? A sign of the times? Whatever it is, I'll try and keep up the good fight.

That kinda sounds like it's wrong to be a white male.

Anyways, good luck out there Djinn. I remember running into your squad few times back when i was playing actively and it was always a good run.
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."