Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 324597 times)

Taranov

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Re: World of Tanks
« Reply #1 on: 24-07-2009, 19:07:17 »
Well that was different.  Shame I can't read Russian though.

Taranov

« Reply #2 on: 24-07-2009, 19:07:50 »
Tank MMO, with arcade gameplay, list of upgrades (3 types of guns per one vehicle, for example), few trees of progress (tanks, self-propelled guns, light and heavy). In initial release soviet and german AFVs, later US, japanese etc. World of Tanks is non-historical game, but all tanks is real - production vehicles, prototypes of "paper tanks". Also german and soviet tanks can be used on one side. No "nations", only few ways for progress.

T-34

Tiger (in World of Tanks all german vehicles is grey. Maybe not good from historical side, but ok for gameplay)

Offline Sturmbocke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-07-2009, 20:07:31 »
What orcs have to do with tanks?

in World of Tanks all german vehicles is grey.
Now that sucks, why not paint them all dunkelgelb if you must paint them one color.
"If a Tiger appears, send out a troop of four Sherman to destroy the panzer and expect only one to come home"

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #4 on: 24-07-2009, 20:07:59 »
Ok.. Where to start.

Their PR department is retarded, who the fuck comes up with such a trailer.. I was about to click away half way 'cause of the stupid orc killing elves.

Anyway, looks nice, good start, shame of the grey, looking forward to see what it becomes. Any more tanks to expect or only Germany/Russia?
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Taranov

« Reply #5 on: 24-07-2009, 20:07:18 »
Ok.. Where to start.

Their PR department is retarded, who the fuck comes up with such a trailer.. I was about to click away half way 'cause of the stupid orc killing elves.

Anyway, looks nice, good start, shame of the grey, looking forward to see what it becomes. Any more tanks to expect or only Germany/Russia?

Well, story of World of Tanks is funny.
In first time, team start project of MMORPG with orcs and elves. But later idea is changed - they start development MMO about tanks  ;D
Germany/Russia only for first release, another nations later. First release for ex-USSR only, english release already with new nation (USA, i think).
Also - main team of developers located in Minsk, Belorussia.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24-07-2009, 20:07:32 »
Aaaah, now it becomes a bit more clear, explains alot. Thought the combo was so retarded but this makes sense  :P
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Taranov

« Reply #7 on: 24-07-2009, 20:07:27 »
BTW in video tanks converted from Operation Bagration RTS.
Real models of World of Tanks vehicles on the renders ;)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25-07-2009, 01:07:50 »
Haha, I'm going to razz my buddies playing MMORGs, but besides that trailer is totally queer.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-07-2009, 14:07:52 »
The trailer is great, made me laugh. I liked the reference to world of warcraft. You know, World of Warcraft and World of Tanks, ring a bell?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25-07-2009, 14:07:11 »
No Kuba, thats not it, read Taranov's post couple of post above this. They are joking about theirselves.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25-07-2009, 14:07:05 »
Yes I read it. That explains why they used models made only for a trailer (normally that would be too much work) but as it's a trailer it's made for public that do not know that fact. So figure what would most of MMO gamers think when they see this trailer. I'm sure they intended to make a reference to WoW AND to their previous work.

Taranov

« Reply #12 on: 25-07-2009, 15:07:33 »
This trailet made for potential publisher ;)

Taranov

« Reply #13 on: 30-07-2009, 20:07:34 »

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30-07-2009, 21:07:30 »
This looks very interesting indeed!

Taranov, would love it if you kept us up-to-date with this game in this thread. Don't want to miss the release of this.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso