Author Topic: Bad admin  (Read 6105 times)

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
Re: Bad admin
« Reply #60 on: 16-05-2013, 16:05:26 »
I didn't say you did Odium, my first quote was answering 5hitm4k3r.  ;)

Thanks for the informations.

I was asking because I know there was a thread about this (by Nemes1s, I can't find anything from bloodydeed) but in fact it seems the code was never sent to anyone. Simpson asked for it, never got an answer, and apparently the only help he got was some incomplete informations about the file modifications from the Finnish guy and "sort this out yourself".

So this thread is useless and the guy that needs to be contacted is Bloodydeed ?

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #61 on: 16-05-2013, 17:05:03 »
Soppa (the Finnish dude) who had it figured out first - he never gave the code out. He charged lots of money from people who wanted to have their mod running on his own server. F|H for example.
Noone got the code from him.

Nemesis is a friend of bloody deed. If I remember correctly: Nemesis had the code figured out first after Soppa, his friend Bloody Deed from NEW clan hosted the 128 test server with that code. Then Neo82, with Bloody's and Nemesis help, figured out the code for us at [762]. That is how we got it.

So the N.E.W. clan would be the place to go and ask for the code.

As Skinny Norris has told me some days ago, the guys responsible for HSLAN's technical stuff were busy with their real life, so they did not have time to implement the 128p code, back then. The reason for HSLAN to close is another (might be that it has been said in the other thread, don't know). He has told me but I don't think it's my place to share it here.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 16-05-2013, 17:05:55 »
F|H ForgottenHonor is using this code for a long time now every Friday night in the campaigns.

;)

Offline Harmonikater

• FH-Betatester
  • Resident Crazy Composer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 16-05-2013, 18:05:51 »
Protip: if you can't figure out who is in the tank, you might be able to do the following. Let's say it's Luttich and you want the M8 Greyhound. The Greyhound and the Stuart both appear as Light Tank icons on the map, so hit caps lock and click on any Light Tank icons you see on your map. This turns the icon from blue to white. If that player is in a squad, then one of the names in the squad list to the left of your map will highlight white as well. Open that squad and see who's in it, and whoever's name is lighted up white is the guy in that tank. Now you can watch the kill messages for his death (or, don't forget, simply ask him in teamchat if you can have the tank next). If the player is not in a squad, this tactic will not work, but if they are it's a good thing to know.

Common misconception.
If the player is not in a squad, open your own squad and go to where you can invite other players. Now a list of ALL the players will appear with the player you're trying to find highlighted.

This is also useful for server admins if someone is sitting in a vehicle (not in a squad) afk, and cannot be currently/quickly reached to see the nametag. But 762 admins probably know this, as I showed this procedure to Odium quite some time ago.
I do bad things to the BF2 engine.

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 16-05-2013, 18:05:36 »
So I can life with the consequences. That we can only enforce this rule, when an admin is witnessing it is the most stupid bs I had to read for a long time.

This is a proof you don't read your posts before submitting them.

P.S. I'm not admin, but i can also be rude.

Offline Potilas

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 16-05-2013, 19:05:37 »
Well, I have to say that in my opinion the 'wait in line' rule is silly because it's wrong by definition. It assumes that there is a line. Every person sitting in the main waiting for a vehicle is one less person on the frontline. If you do that, you're not playing the game, you're just being useless.

It seems like you havent played the game on the 762. I dont see ever more than one player waiting for one asset. Noobs does not make waiting lines, oh come on  ;D Sometimes there are many ppl waiting around the main because there are many spawnable awesome stuff. It really depends about the map. Seen ever many ppl waiting at main when its a inf map? Who is silly here?

Wait in the line rule is cutting the line include just one person. Please keep it. Old days there were ppl swarming around the important asset when it was about to spawn. I dont get it why somebody wants that old fashion back?

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 16-05-2013, 20:05:49 »
So I can life with the consequences. That we can only enforce this rule, when an admin is witnessing it is the most stupid bs I had to read for a long time.

This is a proof you don't read your posts before submitting them.

P.S. I'm not admin, but i can also be rude.

Was not the right tone, so sorry for that. But my point still stands: we won't change the rules, despite your feedback or criticism. I hope this is clear now. And you will ofcourse need admins who enforce this rules, may it be on the server or not. Hats up especialy to Odium and Sandre (our head admins) who take a look in banlists everyday and manage all this stuff, not to forget the huge financial effort by Neo and the coding stuff that is going on by him and Knallkopp.

These are things that most of you won't notice, but there is alot of effort behind it. And I hope that all of you will be able to see and understand it a bit more, when the next patch is comming ... hopefully soon.

I never wrote that "we are awesome". So if you want to take it like that, plase do it. I just stated a fact and I am certainly not proud of it. I would like to have a browser full of servers wich are populated 24/7, but the reality looks different and it is sad. And I am not awesome at all. I am just a regular admin and a small wheel in the machine, but stating my opinion here, because I know details, that you don't know.  ;)

« Last Edit: 16-05-2013, 20:05:31 by 5hitm4k3r »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 16-05-2013, 21:05:47 »
But my point still stands: we won't change the rules, despite your feedback or criticism. I hope this is clear now.
Sorry, but I couldn't hold back a smile when I read this. You sound just like the devs you have been criticising for so long. At least, the way some people depict the devs and their reaction to feedback.

:)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 16-05-2013, 21:05:33 »
Dear Slayer, I will let this up to you to judge, whether our rules are a gamebreaker or not.  ;)

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #69 on: 16-05-2013, 22:05:19 »
Granted, Slayer, it may seem like that. I know that I won't change your opinion, but maybe I can try and make you change your point of view a bit. Then judge again.

The difference is, I see (and am being told by Sandre nowadays) what reasons we kick and ban for mostly.
Not waiting in line is not the first one.

The first one is teamkill for fun. Out of boredom. Or to get an asset that the other player has been using a while. For chat spam. For firing across ABCs. For attacking crossed flags behind the line.

That is why we don't change it. Because judging by the numbers kicked its not that big a problem. Many players like the way we handle it. Because the time and effort we put in to enforce it is worth the while.

I'm sorry, that I cannot explain the nuts and bolts of every decision we make over and over here. Some people do have a private life, as absurd as it may seem.

Take a look at what [762] has done over the last years to follow the player's and developer's demands.
I don't think we are as stubborn as you make us.
« Last Edit: 16-05-2013, 22:05:39 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 16-05-2013, 23:05:23 »
I personally don't care that much if you change something or not. I just don't like the attitude of blocking off criticism completely, without thinking about it.

Furthermore, it has been suggested by many people now that the rule is a bit unclear and can be frustrating for beginners. I don't see why you would not think about making the rule more clear and reminding people of how it works correctly to avoid fights and misunderstanding among the players. Nobody seriously expects you to abolish it. This is the point you ahve to understand. People can actually give opinions without expecting you to realize them, but your replies always indicate that they try to force you to change things whch is simply not true.

Why do you think this thread exist? To me it's clearly an example of misunderstanding of this rule and I simply don't understand you ignore such suggestion and don't even reply to them. You generally reply a lot which is nice, but it would also be good to have replies on critical but constructive feedback.

Making the rule more clear is a suggestion that can actually improve something without changing anything. Just keep in mind that when you have rules to clearly define them. Defining rules precisely does not change anything gameplaywise, but can help the players and let everyone have a better time on your server. I simply don't get why you would want to ignore such valuable feedback...

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #71 on: 16-05-2013, 23:05:55 »
"Wait you turn" is as short and simple as it can be.
Having more text is not always equal to more understanding. We have tried that. It did not work.

There is no more than 10 people here who want it changed. I have answered and explained. I have said why I believe that your improvement suggestions so far will not work and for what reasons they won't, surfbird.

That is not attitude, that is called a dispute where you so far have failed to bring convincing arguments for your proposals. If you are unsatisfied that I will not follow suggestions that do not convince me, than you may call that ignorance, it is your opinion, surfbird, and you are entitled to having it.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 16-05-2013, 23:05:53 »
Once more, the majority of players knows how the rule works. We aren't ignoring anything, but evaluating it. I see like 5 people in this threat against the rule. Ok, fine. But this won't make us change the rules for a whole server.

Simple mathematics. If there would be a shitstorm in the 762 forum to change the rule, where like 30 people or more go on a riot, than things would certainly be different. But not with the current situation. Sorry.

And Odium allready described, why the rule is formulated as it is. And it works for 99% of the people.  ;)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 17-05-2013, 00:05:42 »
Dear Slayer, I will let this up to you to judge, whether our rules are a gamebreaker or not.  ;)
Granted, Slayer, it may seem like that. I know that I won't change your opinion, but maybe I can try and make you change your point of view a bit. Then judge again.
I'm no big fan of that particular rule, but that was not what my post was about.

Check this out, you might know what I mean ;)
Once more, the majority of players knows how the tank system works. We aren't ignoring anything, but evaluating it. I see like 5 people in this thread against the system. Ok, fine. But this won't make us change the parameters for a whole community.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 17-05-2013, 01:05:13 »
I understand what you are referring to, but you are doing it wrong.

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=18132.0

More than 60 players who are actively voting for something (or against, take it as you please) is something different than five people in a threat. Once more, if something like that poll would see the day of light in our forum we would certainly take action and discuss this any further. People are free to do so but until today nothing has happened in this regard. This is not rocket science.  8) 8) 8)