Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  (Read 65493 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
« Reply #105 on: 01-03-2011, 21:03:56 »
Artistpavel 43mins 11secs ago says:

The mod is done, tested and ready to go, just making a few touches to the user manual and installer, ensuring we have a smooth launch without the need for fixes and reuploads, definitely sooner than 'weeks', I'd say 'days' but give us some breathing room pls.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm <3

What patch this complete would need?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 01-03-2011, 21:03:19 »
Gaaaahhhh I must get my connection switched here naouuuuuw!

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 01-03-2011, 22:03:18 »
Whats up with these CoP mods?

I seen two that add areas from CS and SHoC.

This one is promising tbh, looks like i dunno, OL + CoP or something.

S.M.R.T.E.R. Pripyat

Looks like he's adding new Mutants/Weapons and areas?. The mutant thingy makes me a happy man, new mutants are always welcome, it feels old fighting bloodsuckers and dogs... like i said new mutants will not hurt ^^

Judging by this Image, its clearly CoP and its in ShoC's Red Forest, or maybe this famous place called 'Radar' wich i dont know what it is.

This one, hmm. STALKER + creepy shit will be fucking WIN.

one of the new (optional) mutants, not sure about the implementation yet, but it's probably gonna be a mind trick controllers can play on you.

FORGET ABOUT EVERYTHING; THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST MODS I EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!

lmfao

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 01-03-2011, 22:03:44 »
Doesnt make much sense to have Yanov and Zaton south of Cordon.

Cordon is supposed to be the southernmost border of the Zone. And both Zaton and Yanov are supposed to be in an area that was originally affected by the Brain Scorcher, that is, in the heart of the Zone and close to Pripyat. Like you could see in Yanov when you journeyed to easternmost side of the map to the canal/trench which ends the area, you could see Pripyat in the distance.

Ordered myself a physical copy of SoC since it was 4€ including postal... so I'll hopefully get into proper mods rather than just Complete on Steam version of SoC.

Radar refers to old Red Forest. The radar in SoC part of Red Forest is supposed to be the Duga-3 radar, but this site will be reused properly in Stalker 2. Also, Duga-3 was originally planned for Limansk aswell, and indeed, there is a large radar station within the town but apparently its not Duga-3.
« Last Edit: 01-03-2011, 22:03:14 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 01-03-2011, 22:03:47 »
Great, stalker is an awesome game and its cheap too!

I agree Zaton and Yanov are terribly placed. But also is Pripyat. But the game was made to force the place to see every area before reaching the NPP. Slighty kills the game a bit but, dont tell me its not awesome!

Looking for a DL, the DL button is black and theres people talking about a .41 Version. I Will make COP with Complete and then try this!

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 02-03-2011, 06:03:58 »
So is there any date set for CoP Complete? I just got mine and I'm not very eager to start a new game without the mod.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 02-03-2011, 15:03:16 »
Hold off playing Pripyat yet. Complete will be released in matter of days.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 04-03-2011, 15:03:07 »
Playing Narodnaya Solyanka with retail SoC.  8)

EDIT:

Initial thoughts: Due to proper lack of time and being more hyped about the upcoming release of CoP Complete, I will not have the time I'd like to play Narodnaya in order to fully dive into the mod. However, once I got the time to play it properly, I will then write longer review of it once I have playing hours.

At first I had problems getting the mod to run but after couple of attempts I managed to get it to run which was delightful. So I journeyed into the zone only to realise that damn, the loading times takes ages in this, longer than when trying to load Complete save in Rostok. Anyway, mod seems nice but difficult. Starting with no suit and half the health, the military checkpoint at the cordon trainbridge ended many of my attempts to reach newbie village.

Overall the looks are great and the randomization of anomalies and stashes is a nice fresh breath of air but I found it way harder to spot these anomalies, getting blown apart by something almost instantly started to get frustrating after 5th load...

Generally I liked what I saw so far, however it was very little. Only negative I found was that the mod tends to crash or get bugged and so on. But otherwise its alright.

Hopefully I'll have the time to give this a spin and play for few hours. :)
« Last Edit: 04-03-2011, 16:03:06 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 07-03-2011, 21:03:38 »
CoP Complete release aiming for March 9th!

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 11-03-2011, 12:03:27 »
What should happen when emission occurs, should stalkers bodies explode, should they die or become zombies. Didn't stalkers turn into zombies during emissions?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 11-03-2011, 13:03:16 »
Well yes and no.

I set the emissions to kill all stalkers when the emission wave hits them (since now there is actually a visible wave) since in many cases an emission has killed all life forms when it came into contact with them.

For example when the first emission occurred and the Zone was created, all life forms died that got caught by the emission. In Clear Sky intro the emission is said to kill all of the others in Scar's group while leaving Scar unharmed. Also throughout CS the emissions are the killing type.

Only thing that should people into zombies is the Brainscorcher which is by the time of CoP disabled by Strelok. However, lets not forget that in the end of Clear Sky, the emission that hits the player and the rest of the people fighting at CNPP dont kill anyone but turns them into sort of a coma. After the emission had hit them and turned people into wrecks, the Monolith forces gathered everyone in order to start brainwashing the victims of the emission into ranks of Monolith.

So this makes me think there are two types of emissions. Ones that have increased amount of energy capable of simply killing all lifeforms it comes in contact with and emissions with less energy which are used to boost the ranks of the Monolith army.

Basically my opinion behind this theory is that the Brainscorcher was made to turn people into zombies and these zombies usually wander around areas as a scare and as another nasty barrier for stalkers who want to journey into the heart of the Zone. Powerful emissions are meant for killing those who reached the center (Strelok in CS) of the Zone and less powerful emissions are for boosting Monolith numbers.

I play CoP Complete with the option that the emission kills people when the wave comes in contact with unprotected victims. But you dont go wrong if you decide that the emissions are the "zombie turning type" and make it so that the people turn to zombies instead. You dont go wrong, its just matter of taste. :)

At least if we go along the theory of having two types of emissions.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 11-03-2011, 13:03:07 »
The emmisions are full of antagonism. lt kills you right away, while animals don't die. And the emission shelters are full of holes, besides they are not really suitable to keep away the radiactive blow.

Accordingly to Clear Sky you're not supposed to survive a blowout in the open, thus it should not turn people into zombies. What makes em zombies are the psy emmisions, I think. But those are not related to blowouts. So, it always felt a bit strange when animals survived after the blowout. At the Duty HQ in Clear Sky you could watch out of the window during blowouts, and I watched the animals from there. Really disappointing. They should have died and vanished for a while.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 11-03-2011, 14:03:37 »
Well birds do die though.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 11-03-2011, 14:03:26 »
But like said, go with either "dying during blowout" (no matter wether at start or end) or "turn to zombies" since those are both good options and neither of them are wrong.

The exploding option is just... retarded.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 12-03-2011, 18:03:36 »
Installing CoP Complete right now.

CoP seems to be a bitch. It took me like 20 Minutes to load the first Level, and it froze as soon as it started, but thats enough, i just needed to start a new game before installing Complete.

Chosen the Option "Turn them into zombies", imho it'll be the best.