Author Topic: The Road to Forgotten Hope 2.56  (Read 3820 times)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Re: The Road to Forgotten Hope 2.56
« Reply #15 on: 15-05-2020, 16:05:48 »
Nice work guys!!
Can somebody quickly answer me one question, if I cancel update with launcher ,as I didnt update quite a while, will I be able to continoue update download later without having some problems later??
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15-05-2020, 16:05:14 »
Ivancic1941 - I tried that, but the download started from the beginning.

But no worries... was just reading the changelog and it looks very promising. Thanks developer(s) for "removing coax MG from the Stug IV", amongst other improvements :)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15-05-2020, 17:05:27 »
Aaa, too bad. Then I continoue download aldo its at moment VERY slow, then over night will be ok.

Yea deff, I especialy awaiting
-Finns Bf109 and Tali map
-Bf109 on Cobra finally after all these years
-but most important; cant wait to listen all new sounds and all new animations!! Im planing to download update and then open changelog and go ingame searching for all new  improvements!

And hey, france 1940 classic, cant wait

EDIT: Motovsky is also very interesting map, every time I see that map I want to say: GOD, ITS A BARREN FEATURLESS DESERT OUT THERE! :)
« Last Edit: 15-05-2020, 17:05:29 by Ivancic1941 »

Offline tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15-05-2020, 20:05:40 »

And hey, france 1940 classic, cant wait

EDIT: Motovsky is also very interesting map, every time I see that map I want to say: GOD, ITS A BARREN FEATURLESS DESERT OUT THERE! :)
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think France 1940 is in it... I think that was just a teaser.  In fact, I remember a video from not too long ago showing off that same map, with an appeal to any player modellers to help create a French soldier.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15-05-2020, 21:05:22 »
There is no peers, so cant download update  with launcher. Will anybody seed over night?

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15-05-2020, 21:05:31 »
Played a few rounds of co-op. The new update is lit~! Motovskiy Bay is fun and I'm really glad the sniper kit finally has a normal round count. I also like the tank camera being moved to the right position, panzer 4 kinda reminds me of the earlier tiger camera. Also the new animations are awesome! Especially the G41 reload, whoever made that has an all you can drink beer from me if you ever visit here,

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15-05-2020, 21:05:00 »
There is no peers, so cant download update  with launcher. Will anybody seed over night?
Might be an issue with your firewall or router. I'm getting 53 peers but ludicrously slow DL speeds for #2020 (about 300kB/s).

Downloaded the installer from the direct download links while waiting (at ~4 MB/s), but unsure what happens if I run that when the torrent engine has already started.

Offline Kandel

• Psycho killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16-05-2020, 09:05:38 »
Great job. I just want to say that why the other maps are not CO-OP, just why ? Motovskiy Bay is OK, but why not Tali or older maps that have not been modified to CO-OP so far ? I started the game about an hour after the update, and there were 50/100 players on only one server. I don't want to be a hater but why do multiplayer maps for a game played by max. 50 players or nobody.  :-\

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16-05-2020, 10:05:51 »
We had 100 players in the evening.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16-05-2020, 10:05:54 »
First of all, we had up to 200 players (if you include the tournament) yesterday, during the evening. The release was in the middle of the day and people needed to download it first, so it is a slow start.
Secondly, because it takes work to make a map ready for singleplayer and it is low priority for us because singleplayer is pretty crap and the bots are stupid and shoot you through bushes.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16-05-2020, 10:05:24 »
Hey Kandel, you know, it's an old question about SP/COOP official support for the latest maps. The main issue is to program ai to perform a minimum decent combat behaviour. This thing looks quite challenging, frustrating and time-consuming sometimes, as often reported by the devs.

But you can try the non-official support provided by the community, like Darman's packs and garylee's Ogledow. They are quite good, and with them you'll have most of the maps working in SP/COOP.

The only ones not covered yet are the latest Finnish maps (Ihantala and Tali), but who knows what can happen in the future? Matthew said someone in the team is likely working on offline support, so patience is your friend by the minute.

By the way, good work to all the team for the latest patch. Content is just marvelous! Keep up the good work gentleman!

Warmest regards,

batistadk

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16-05-2020, 13:05:41 »
Great job. I just want to say that why the other maps are not CO-OP, just why ? Motovskiy Bay is OK, but why not Tali or older maps that have not been modified to CO-OP so far ?
Because we have no manpower to do it, and MP will be always our top priority. If you're willing to learn the process and want to help us with SP development, we will gladly accept a helping hand.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #27 on: 16-05-2020, 14:05:21 »
Hey all, been out of the loop for a while, I lost my BF2 key during a move. Is it still possible to play this? The launcher refuses to install (something about a BF2 root folder missing or just FH2 folder missing).
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• artstation.com/ivanwazowsky
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16-05-2020, 15:05:24 »
nowadays i am dealing with making singleplayer maps and navmeshing. i also have a plan to make a navmesh for ihantala. almost one week ago i shared  a singleplayer-coop map with people.  I also will make singleplayer  bot support for new cobra 16-32 layers and new sidi rezegh 16-32 layers and share them with you in the coming days. but nowadays i have no free time due to my job.

*by the way my singpleplayer map pack includes those maps:
lebisey 16
anctoville 16
operation goodwood 16
port en bessin 16
giarabub 16
mareth line 16
mareth line 32
alam halfa 32
purple heart lane 16
purple heart lane 32
sidi rezegh 16p and 32p (i fixed some bugs in sidi rezegh 16p and 32p layers)
link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hh4947q9o0zbcxz/Singleplayer_Coop_Map_Pack.7z/file

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16-05-2020, 16:05:01 »
Hi Ivan! I think you should post these in the Singleplayer session of the forums: you don't misuse this thread here and make it easier for people to find your work. Maybe you consider repost it over there?

Second, are these maps already finished? All of them are available through the link?
« Last Edit: 16-05-2020, 16:05:39 by batistadk »