Author Topic: AWARDS  (Read 22233 times)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: AWARDS
« Reply #135 on: 17-08-2011, 15:08:53 »
Its 12, N24/DLF

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 17-08-2011, 15:08:16 »
Its 12, N24/DLF

No idea, Malsa said 16 a while ago. I guess Spit could tell us more.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Malsa

• A very static artist.
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 17-08-2011, 15:08:04 »
What! No it's 12, when have I said 16?!  ;D

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 17-08-2011, 17:08:26 »
But I guess its kind of balanced though, with more people come more chance for frags, more ways for victims to be distracted, and therefore more chance for you to go on killing the same way i.e using mortar, AT gun etc...

Waiting for time to elapse, well.... I think time takes longer the faster you die, which doesn't neccesarily happen less in a small crowd, since you all turn to spawn at the nearest flags to each other.

But I don't know, not all systems are perfect. besides, Im actually amazed at all that the devs considered to create this award system.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 18-08-2011, 00:08:17 »
This is just sad 60 something people being duped by the big shiny [RANKED] on the 762 servers and we can't fill the French Community Server... :'( :'( :'(

FYI, 762 gives better pings to North Americans than hslan and others few populated European servers.  IMHO, shinny pixels are less important than having a decent connection for a good bunch of us.

I live in Québec just like you and I will never play 762 because of the sucky experience I have their, plus they don't use the officiel awards system. When I play on HSLAN I have decent connection like you say. So it's not really a problem.

I live in Germany and can play on allmost every server. But atm I mostly play on 762 server, because I play there with some nice mates over TS and for good teamwork, and not for "false" awards or how you would call it. Stop bashing around and appreciate their work, it is not less worth than the work of the FH2 Devs. They also invest alot of time and money to set up the server to make it able for players to play this great mod and enjoy their time. Btw: I have to say, that the teamplay on Hslan is not the same anymore, as it was before 2.4 and these nice kickstarts, where people came together to play with teamwork. Now you can sometimes wait for hours to get an artillery spot after alot of request. And to say, that only 60 people play on 762 is also not true. They have two full servers, allmost every evening, also during the week. So the experience can't be so bad. (other 762 supported sevrers not included).

Start to behave as a community and not bashing like little girls. This is not very productive and leads to nothing.  ;)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 18-08-2011, 00:08:54 »
I have to agree with you. That IS another plus for 762. generally better Teamplay. HSLAn... well.. HSLAN is now 'Pubby', a bunch of non-related players doing their own thing.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 18-08-2011, 01:08:16 »
Its because hslan noobs are playing WOT, instead of proper game.
so yeah, it kinda broke down a little.Still I'd rather play on hslan than on 762, to avoid 762 admins for example.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 18-08-2011, 09:08:38 »
I'm not senselessly bashing 762 (even if I have a gripe with their ranking). In the past I experianced bad teamplay on that server as well (as it attracted the most statwhores in pre-awards times), these have now somewhat moved on and it might have improved over time. Teamwork is something you get with team players and that is possible on any server.

I'm pro-actively doing something for the community by advertising other servers and helping to get them running (also a big thanks to jan and all the other good people who join me). You should do that as well.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 18-08-2011, 10:08:59 »
If I were (not that I would ever admit) playing just to get a bigger e-pen0r, I would go to a server with as few players as possible and hope that the time limit is either off or does not kick in before I get the Gold medal... ;D
naah come on where is your math? You wouldn't earn a gold medal faster in played time this way. With few players on the server, you wont kill as many players / min of playtime. you are more likely to get medals on full servers where you have more things to shoot at.

Right....?  ???

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 18-08-2011, 11:08:33 »
so yeah, it kinda broke down a little.Still I'd rather play on hslan than on 762, to avoid 762 admins for example.

Why would you want to avoid them. I play with them, and they are in deed very very strict, when it comes to their rules. If you TK someone for fun, there is no mercy - 2 weeks banned. Same for people, who fire into ABC lines or uncapptural mainbases - they get a warning and after this, if they don't stop, they get kicked. That aren't to much rules to follow, but the chance that there is a admin on the server is quiet good. So if you behave like a normal player, you will have a good time.

@DLF-Reporter: I played on nearly every server since the release. A very good server is also the Russian server. First I thought, the ping would be to high, but it is ok for middle or east european players. French community server is ok, but nothing special to me. Most of them (!@!-guys) played on the 762 server before the release. Some good players, but also some statswhores - as on every other server (762 included). It would also be nice to have some advertising for the "Feierabend-server" - I like it to play on this server. Good ping and mostly fairplay. Yesterday I played on this server and had a good time, though some people don't know, that there is a ABC line on Hurtgen Forest ^^

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 18-08-2011, 12:08:45 »
If I were (not that I would ever admit) playing just to get a bigger e-pen0r, I would go to a server with as few players as possible and hope that the time limit is either off or does not kick in before I get the Gold medal... ;D
naah come on where is your math? You wouldn't earn a gold medal faster in played time this way. With few players on the server, you wont kill as many players / min of playtime. you are more likely to get medals on full servers where you have more things to shoot at.

Right....?  ???
You can get extremely high score on almost empty server as there is still high amount of tickets and without time limit you can camp in one place with some weapon and raaaaaape. There is less risk to get killed because you control your enemies by comparing your kills to players number and as long as you know where spawnpoints are you can predict your enemies movement etc. (what isn't that simply on full server). It is an easy way to earn some medals, but it sucks...
« Last Edit: 18-08-2011, 14:08:25 by jan_kurator »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 18-08-2011, 14:08:54 »

Why would you want to avoid them. I play with them, and they are in deed very very strict, when it comes to their rules. If you TK someone for fun, there is no mercy - 2 weeks banned. Same for people, who fire into ABC lines or uncapptural mainbases - they get a warning and after this, if they don't stop, they get kicked. That aren't to much rules to follow, but the chance that there is a admin on the server is quiet good. So if you behave like a normal player, you will have a good time.

@DLF-Reporter: I played on nearly every server since the release. A very good server is also the Russian server. First I thought, the ping would be to high, but it is ok for middle or east european players. French community server is ok, but nothing special to me. Most of them (!@!-guys) played on the 762 server before the release. Some good players, but also some statswhores - as on every other server (762 included). It would also be nice to have some advertising for the "Feierabend-server" - I like it to play on this server. Good ping and mostly fairplay. Yesterday I played on this server and had a good time, though some people don't know, that there is a ABC line on Hurtgen Forest ^^

Yer, but i think 762 server rules are a tad harsher. I think HSLAN allows for more TKs, for instance, although if you are Tker, you are kicked quick. Also, if I recall correctly, I can diss someone for being stupid, or use a swear word if I don't direct it at anyone in particular... On 762, or was it another server, you get kicked even for using the word 'ass'

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 18-08-2011, 14:08:55 »
I have to agree with you. That IS another plus for 762. generally better Teamplay. HSLAn... well.. HSLAN is now 'Pubby', a bunch of non-related players doing their own thing.

Yes, and I'm a big blue flying elephant with purple wings. You must think Unique is one hell of a player then.

But to each his own, I'd rather test a minefield then join that shady server.

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 18-08-2011, 15:08:22 »
I actually DON'T like to play on 762, because of the current controversy, and because it doesn't give official stats and Awards, but firstly, HSLAN is ALWAYS full, and whn it isn't, I tend to find the Teamplay a tad lacking - I think its mostly newer people.

With 762, it has mature, dedicated fans, so the teamplay aspect has grown quite significanty. That's the only 2 reason you would catch me there... If HSLAN didn't have that issue, and was less often completely full, I would play there ALL the time

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 18-08-2011, 15:08:52 »
With 762, it has mature, dedicated fans
Apparently, this change has to have happened post-2.4 (after 2.4 I have never gone there again). Because pre-2.4, at least in my experience, 762 was plagued by teamkillers, trolls flooding the textchat from behind of a childish nick ("himmler88" or something similar), nonexistent teamplay - too bad if the map being played required that such as Siege of Tobruk or PHL - and never-present admins.

Yes, there has been an influx of new players due to 2.4, which is nothing but a GOOD thing for a niche mod like FH2. However, the difference between pre-2.3 and post-2.4 is small enough to be invisible to me.