Author Topic: I am the one who crocs!  (Read 13353 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: I am the one who crocs!
« Reply #15 on: 01-10-2013, 22:10:03 »
Verrryyy Gooood! Nice to see those tanks coded ingame, and the first flame tank in FH2 8)

And really cool to see the Atlantic Wall static is destroyable and that we can use the AVRE for strategic value.

The map looks like it has a nice feel to it too, very nice and thanks for the dev blog TS

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01-10-2013, 22:10:14 »
Btw....  :o :o  You now can blow up objects now (as seen in picture 3-4)! :o

You always could, it's just that it was always underused on the maps. IIRC there was a nice map called Norway that someone (sorry can't remember who it actually was at this moment) made to showcase innovative ways to use destructibles, such as blowing walls in houses (something seen in RO and RO2 btw) and walls in strategic places to create new avenues of attack, and sometimes even entire houses to expose infantry hiding in them. It also featured doors that could be closed, and a working swing bridge if I remember right.

Anyway that's an epic update, thank you for this insight Ts.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02-10-2013, 00:10:49 »
Ts4EVER.......

What in the world could the map be?

Thanks again Ts4EVER
 8)

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02-10-2013, 02:10:24 »
Definitely Gold beach! Unbelievably pumped!!! Been waiting to see the Churchill AVRE in action for quite a while!

What vehicles would the Germans be using?
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02-10-2013, 03:10:41 »
Looks great! Thanks for the unofficial update and the work put into this.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02-10-2013, 04:10:01 »
Thank you FH devs, you're awesome people.

In fact I just checked, I don't say that often enough:
« Last Edit: 02-10-2013, 05:10:14 by Korsakov829 »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02-10-2013, 05:10:00 »
Aftar all those months, these are so delicious!
« Last Edit: 02-10-2013, 11:10:23 by Turkish007 »

Offline Maxa

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02-10-2013, 10:10:46 »
A nice little update

...aaaand the speculation began. Gold Beach, here we come :D

Offline theUg

• View Profile
    • http://theUg’s sump
« Reply #23 on: 02-10-2013, 15:10:51 »

Btw....  :o :o  You now can blow up objects now (as seen in picture 3-4)! :o
You always could, it's just that it was always underused on the maps. IIRC there was a nice map called Norway that someone (sorry can't remember who it actually was at this moment) made to showcase innovative ways to use destructibles, such as blowing walls in houses (something seen in RO and RO2 btw) and walls in strategic places to create new avenues of attack, and sometimes even entire houses to expose infantry hiding in them.
Any current official maps, though?

It also featured doors that could be closed
There are closing doors in the airfield bunker at Sidi Rezegh. Wonder if more somewhere.

I don’t know, but I’ve been told
Shooting things is gettin’ old
Hug a child and plant a tree
Show some hospitality

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02-10-2013, 15:10:19 »
It was possible to destroy wooden plank barriers and fences on some maps in pre 2.45 period. I remember discussion about removing them, not sure were they removed completely though. They were used on Bardia, Giarabub and Operation Hyacinth, probably some other maps as well.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02-10-2013, 17:10:22 »
You guessed correct Roughbreak.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02-10-2013, 17:10:33 »
You guessed correct Roughbreak.
"Jolly good show chaps of *roughbreaking* that barrier." :P

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03-10-2013, 00:10:07 »
yeah, for example it [the Crocodile] can easily kill crews of enemy's vehicles. Who will guess what vehicles germans use on this map?

The vehicle comment has me perplexed. Jan may be hinting at some new additions to the mod. The Devs are big into new and exciting game modes as well as unique play features. In 2.45 we saw three new maps, Sidi Bou Zid, Karen, and St. Vith. Sidi Bou Zid has many vehicles unique to JUST that map (Lee, AT half track, M3 Scout Car), and also features the "counter-attack" game mode. Karen also has many unique vehicles (Hardy, Italian tanks) and is a sector-push. St. Vith is the most "standard" of the three, yet also features sector-push. What I'm getting at is that the Devs have taken a liking to including vehicles specific to just that map, and I'd expect more of that in the new release! (Stick with me here)

So on to what vehicles will be on Gold beach. Hmm... NTH confirmed the map is Gold Beach (sweet). The German force responsible for defending the area of Gold beach was the 716th Static Infantry Division, a unit composed of many foreign conscripts (Russian) and other second rate troops (no offense Korsakov, second rate meaning conscripts, not that they are Russian. We all know that had they been proper Red Army soldiers the invasion never would have made it off the beach ;))

The 716th was outfitted with mostly captured equipment, so WHAT IF we saw this reflected in the game? on the Wikipedia page for the 716th division we see a photograph of this tank, which looks a lot like the new Marder on Goodwood.

Compared to:

Caption reads:
Littry ; one 4,7 cm Pak (t) Panzer- Kampfwagen 35 R (f) abandoned. This is an anti-tank gun Czech tank chassis mounted on French Renault R35. He belonged to the Schnelle-Abteilung 517 of 716.ID ; 20 June 1944.

So seeing as how this Marder is already in game, and features an open hull which would make it very vulnerable to the flames of the Croc, (remember, Jan alluded to it being easy to kill the inhabitants of the German vehicles), I would guess that this Marder is on the map. Or at least if not that exact tank, maybe other captured/converted vehicles.

Am I onto anything here Jan & other Betatesters? Or am I just jamming my head further up the ass?
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03-10-2013, 01:10:12 »
Am I onto anything here Jan & other Betatesters? Or am I just jamming my head further up the ass?
Well, it wasn't really hard to guess but I'm still impressed. Germans use marder on this map but not the one you've posted  ;)
« Last Edit: 03-10-2013, 01:10:15 by jan_kurator »

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03-10-2013, 01:10:48 »
I smell a new model!  :D

You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.