Author Topic: Does anyone play FH2 anymore?  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Wojak0075

• View Profile
Does anyone play FH2 anymore?
« on: 27-06-2013, 10:06:49 »
Hello i've just installed FH2 and i'm quite sad becouse there is no one playing it, is it problem with my game that i have only empty servers, or FH2 is realy dead?

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone play FH2 anymore?
« Reply #1 on: 27-06-2013, 10:06:09 »
The servers peak up usually in the evenings
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Wojak0075

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-06-2013, 11:06:26 »
Ok thanks, see you on the battlefield then.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27-06-2013, 12:06:20 »
*European evenings, especially on weekends - often filling up the 128p server. I´m confident we will get more players again when the next patch comes out.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-06-2013, 13:06:24 »
*European evenings, especially on weekends - often filling up the 128p server. I´m confident we will get more players again when the next patch comes out.

unless they put some balance back into the game, I.e maps being so heavily weighted in favour of a German victory, many people won't come back to it long term.

Sure, they'll check it out on grounds of curiosity to see 'new stuff' but if the same old imbalances persist, they won't stick around.

Last 'upgrade' was a disaster IMO from a gameplay perspective.

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27-06-2013, 13:06:17 »
Care to explain these imbalances? I have no trouble winning no matter which side I'm on.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27-06-2013, 14:06:05 »
Well I arrived back home 10 days ago and thus could play FH2 again. I played two rounds and then didn´t have that much fun. Reason for me being the randomness - in especially tank combat. Yes I´m bringing this up again. So if you don´t want this ignore it. It´s however what kills the game for me.

Usually vehicles stand more hits than before. Others strangely take damage - although they shouldn´t. I come into situations expecting my frontal armour can stand a hit and get shot to pieces although realistically and especially with the beefed up tanks the vehicle should stand the hit. This way I can´t estimate whether to avoid or go into this situation. If you look closely you see the 76mm armed M4 directly in front of me, penetrating the 80mm sloped frotnal armour. I didn´t drive away thinking I should be able to deflect the shot - also because armour is beefed up in FH2. Well, nope... Despite being a veteran in FH2 I have no clue what the outcome of any engagement is going to be.
« Last Edit: 27-06-2013, 14:06:44 by Butcher »
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27-06-2013, 15:06:04 »
Yes I´m bringing this up again. So if you don´t want this ignore it.
Please next time simply link to a tank combat thread, because now this one might turn into the gazillionth thread with that same subject again, you know.

For example, this one: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=17920.0

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27-06-2013, 16:06:01 »
Care to explain these imbalances? I have no trouble winning no matter which side I'm on.

Just about every update has 'nerfed Allied weaponry and vehicle loadout to such an extent that you wonder if you're playing an accurate version of events or a German wish fulfilment to re-write history.. ::)

Offline theUg

• View Profile
    • http://theUg’s sump
« Reply #9 on: 27-06-2013, 17:06:33 »
What a hackneyed, trite, idle topic. If you are not paying attention to even the forum you are posting into (topics about gamenight survey, WaW Thursdays etc.), and complain that no one is on weekday morning (some people work, you know), go to the server browser, note the names of those servers, and plug them into GameTracker.com or similar servers, and check which ones are populated at what times and days of the week, and there be happiness and much jubilation.

I don’t know, but I’ve been told
Shooting things is gettin’ old
Hug a child and plant a tree
Show some hospitality

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27-06-2013, 17:06:55 »
What a hackneyed, trite, idle topic. If you are not paying attention to even the forum you are posting into (topics about gamenight survey, WaW Thursdays etc.), and complain that no one is on weekday morning (some people work, you know), go to the server browser, note the names of those servers, and plug them into GameTracker.com or similar servers, and check which ones are populated at what times and days of the week, and there be happiness and much jubilation.

Ok, Ug, you have just earned the "Smooth Criminal Award" for Forums...... ;D

Take it easy on the new guys fellas. Geez. Go get some pussy or something. This is what is happening out there? The community has dwindled down to a group of dedicated players.

Hang in there Wojak, I will try to prevent these verbal raping as much as i can if you promise to remain patient.......... as i hear a low rumbling coming from the East.....................

the Russians are coming..................slowely...............yes..........im sure of it...........they are coming!
 8)

Offline theUg

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27-06-2013, 18:06:01 »
There is a line between being easy on, and helpful to new guys, and despisal of lazy horse scat. I am the first to welcome new players, and every time I see noob-ranked player joining the server, I would greet them, and tell them to make sure to come back at certain nights so that they can enjoy active game night, and point them towards TS, FH2 Mumble, forums etc., and explain how things in the game work and so forth. But the person should at least show that they are trying, and are willing to learn, FFS.

As for “German bias, German bias everywhere”, I do not buy it as much. A recipe for success is skill and proper tactics. It may very well be that Axis gets more skilled players, because I know there are people who play nothing, but Axis, so they learn to play Axis very well. And they may well be playing only Axis because of that German bias rumour (well, we know the true reason for that phenomenon, but I digress :D). All I know is that often it depends of whether the good players having good or bad rounds. And the important thing is to make sure there are more good players. Watch, and learn. Join the squad, use VoIP/TS/Mumble, learn from your mistakes, experiment with tactics. Everyone wants to grab a sniper rifle and snipe from atop the tower, or hop into KT II and rape and pillage, but not everyone knows how to win maps.

Show some hospitality

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27-06-2013, 19:06:42 »
Yes. This brings me to a question. Does anyone use the FH2Mumble?
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline theUg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27-06-2013, 19:06:45 »
Yes. This brings me to a question. Does anyone use the FH2Mumble?
I recently started, as I had only recently learned about it, and knowing how nice the PR Mumble became (with auto squad assign etc.), I got it set up as well. I rarely play on 762, though, and outside of it, I do not know many people using it.

Show some hospitality

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27-06-2013, 19:06:56 »
I recently started, as I had only recently learned about it, and knowing how nice the PR Mumble became (with auto squad assign etc.), I got it set up as well. I rarely play on 762, though, and outside of it, I do not know many people using it.

I downloaded it a long time ago. I'm not even sure if it is even up to date.
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo