Author Topic: Click on PLAY, then sits on black screen for 30-40 sec  (Read 1521 times)

Offline robbob42

• View Profile
I fire up the FH2 launcher, then click on PLAY. The screen goes black for around 30-40 seconds before the SELECT ACCOUNT screen appears. After that, the game runs fine. It always went black before, but only for a few seconds, not 30-40. During the time it's black, there's a couple of faint flickers, as if the  monitor backlight is going on and off, but the screen is basically black the entire time.

This has started happening on all 3 PCs I run the game on, and there doesn't seem to be a logical reason why it suddenly started - other than it SEEMS to have started after a Windows 10 update a number of months ago. Coincidence?

It's not critical - just annoying. I'm on FH2 3.7.606 (according to the launcher), and haven't done any FH2 updates prior to this starting. Any ideas?

UPDATE (5/1/2022)
It appears to be related to ForgottenHope2.exe in the main Battlefield2 folder. When I double-click on it I get the same result - a black screen for 30-40 seconds, then the account selection screen.

Thanks!
RobBob
« Last Edit: 01-05-2023, 23:05:40 by robbob42 »

Offline SEALION1941

• View Profile
Re: Click on PLAY, then sits on black screen for 30-40 sec
« Reply #1 on: 11-06-2023, 18:06:08 »
Hello, I am having a similar problem, but in my case it simply stays black forever.

I already had trouble recently with not being able to play the game on fullscreen, but it seemed as if the latest update solved that.

However today I had the same problem, I lauched the game from the browser like I have always done  (Google Chrome) and the map loaded, but when I went to hit play the screen turned black, they on again and finally black.

Very weird. Any help is welcome.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-06-2023, 19:06:16 »
Maybe a driver update is responsible ?

have you tried to launch the game via the launcher and then inside the game choose a server ?
Have you tried an other online server ?
Have you tried a different resolution ?

For active support, you can check FH2 Discord

Offline SEALION1941

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-06-2023, 22:06:21 »
Maybe a driver update is responsible ?

have you tried to launch the game via the launcher and then inside the game choose a server ?
Have you tried an other online server ?
Have you tried a different resolution ?

For active support, you can check FH2 Discord

Thank you Seth, will try those things. So far I am using windowed mode, but of course I prefer fullscreen.