Author Topic: Screenshots of games you play [big pics, 56k warning]  (Read 250099 times)

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Screenshots of games you play [big pics, 56k warning]
« Reply #705 on: 08-02-2010, 05:02:44 »
was it just a battle, or a campaign?
I miss playing ETW.. damn computer, gotta get a new PSU really soon
Nah it WAS a battle in the campaign. I'm currently challenging the Egyptians for world domination -- two super powers colliding. So far I think I can win, but it's going to be a long long long bloody battle.
Actually, that question was for CPS :) I figured you played the campaign (can't have reinforcements in custom battles).

Ohh sounds epic! I'm having one like that now, playing as carthage. Huge showdown against egypt, but I'm definitely winning. The real challenge will come when I advance further north. I control all of north africa, spain and all of italy. I'm currently moving further east to secure that front, can't risk having swarms of egyptian armies attacking me.

After that, I'll move into greece and up north to the unexplored parts of the balkans and eastern europe. I have no idea what I'll find there. But I do know that when I look at the statistics, Brutii has more than double the military than me, which definitely does scare me. Thus I will try to avoid them for as long as possible.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 08-02-2010, 08:02:04 »
was it just a battle, or a campaign?
I miss playing ETW.. damn computer, gotta get a new PSU really soon
Nah it WAS a battle in the campaign. I'm currently challenging the Egyptians for world domination -- two super powers colliding. So far I think I can win, but it's going to be a long long long bloody battle.
Actually, that question was for CPS :) I figured you played the campaign (can't have reinforcements in custom battles).

Ohh sounds epic! I'm having one like that now, playing as carthage. Huge showdown against egypt, but I'm definitely winning. The real challenge will come when I advance further north. I control all of north africa, spain and all of italy. I'm currently moving further east to secure that front, can't risk having swarms of egyptian armies attacking me.

After that, I'll move into greece and up north to the unexplored parts of the balkans and eastern europe. I have no idea what I'll find there. But I do know that when I look at the statistics, Brutii has more than double the military than me, which definitely does scare me. Thus I will try to avoid them for as long as possible.
Yea in my game the Scipii have a massive massive force. I'm delaying attacking them as long as possible. I currently control all of Greece and have wiped out the Greeks and the Macedonians, and am working on the Thracians.

I'm pretty much forced into attacking the Egyptians -- it wasn't my plan from the start. First, I wanted to firmly control all of the Balkans before taking on Egypt (finish off Thrace), but they have expanded all the way up the Middle East and are starting to encroach on my eastern territories. Thus attacking them is the only way to defend myself. I'm confident that I will win, and have a few evil tricks up my sleeve regarding massive sea-borne invasions.  8)

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 09-02-2010, 01:02:53 »
Recently, in Empire, I have made a point of not annexing nations and painting the map French white.  It is enjoyable.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 09-02-2010, 01:02:23 »
Recently, in Empire, I have made a point of not annexing nations and painting the map French white.  It is enjoyable.
ugh French j/k

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 09-02-2010, 02:02:05 »
I hope you stay white and take care of your own ppl.  they tend to start riots,  these unhonorble pessants!
There is only one thing I’m afraid of,  Nazi Zombies!!!
And remember Kids, never say these words on a nazi graveyard
ia ia cthulhu fhtagn ia ia nazi zombie fhtang

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 09-02-2010, 02:02:44 »
Yeah, I've been having that problem.   Put down two revolutions, one Alsatian revolt, one French Guyanese   rebellion, two Indian uprisings in Upper Canada, one people's rebellion in Montreal, and also the Acadian Rebels beat me in a guerilla campaign and now own Acadia as an independent nation.  The Americans have also thrown off British chains in Massachusetts, New York and Pennsylvania, (with my help) and they purchased Maine from me.

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 09-02-2010, 17:02:26 »
wel,   my problem is a bit different

the 13 Colonies are under my (Royal French) command, 
from time to time the Brits land there with a few troops, capture one or two cities and than I recapture them.
Every now and then the Indians there declared war and I just answer with a punitive expedition. Sad but true, I just do not have the resources right now to break their will and get everything under the control of the French crown.

Maharats just became in the early 1740 really big and so I had to stop my conquest for the whole new World (I mean the part that is today known as north America). After a very expensive war with them I was able to get the south part of India with 2 big cities and Goa (techno, drugs, Party) under my control and sign a peace treaty with these Indians and force them now with 3 churches and two priests to become catholic!

Then again, the Brits tried to land in Maryland, I could push them back but that showed me where the next battles take place. I raised in Army in France and started to upgrade my fleet so that it can compete with the Brits (My Army is superb, but the fleet is outdated….). My goal is to take London, burn it to the ground, destroy everything, every harbor and farm, just everything and than give it back to the redcoats and force them to sign a peace treaty witch is going to be as nasty as the peace of Versailles.

Just, lets say 4 turns before that fun should start riots started.
In France they started to raise an army with the flag of the republic, in the Elsass the German minority thought they could joint the French traitors and ask for an own country. The 13 Colonies got from that a load of rebellious spirit and took out the stars and stripes banner. Right now I really have to fight hard to prevent that my nice white French royal catholic empire is not going to break into peaces. The battle with the Brits is right now not an option, not even a goal for the next 4 or 5 turns…  I just hope that they are not going to take advantage of my unpleasant situation right now. 
There is only one thing I’m afraid of,  Nazi Zombies!!!
And remember Kids, never say these words on a nazi graveyard
ia ia cthulhu fhtagn ia ia nazi zombie fhtang

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 09-02-2010, 17:02:58 »
So Tedacious.  You were right.  Fuchs sucks at Empire Total War.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 09-02-2010, 21:02:32 »

tiny excavator

how to climb?

whatever, at least I can see the power plant from up here

and I really like this endless horizon

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline [130.Pz]I.Kluge

• Better ask twice than lose yourself once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 09-02-2010, 21:02:25 »
What are those blogs of in the last picture?

Been playing a game of CIV3C on Monarch....

Carthage enjoying the spoils of war.

The current front, were Greek and Egyptian expansion was aggressively halted; now in a 2nd war with Rome ::).

Its actually two fronts.

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 10-02-2010, 00:02:06 »
In relation to my Total War -related posts earlier, I bought the Total War pack on steam last night! It was an insane deal. I got Medieval Total War II and it's expansion, Rome Total War (which I already have) and it's Alexander expansion (which I don't), and Empire Total War. All for 20 BUCKS!!!

Once I get some free time there are going to be some epic times to be had.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 10-02-2010, 01:02:01 »
In relation to my Total War -related posts earlier, I bought the Total War pack on steam last night! It was an insane deal. I got Medieval Total War II and it's expansion, Rome Total War (which I already have) and it's Alexander expansion (which I don't), and Empire Total War. All for 20 BUCKS!!!

Once I get some free time there are going to be some epic times to be had.
woooow seriously??
I really gotta keep updated with steams prices! that's just incredible!

If I didn't already have Empire, I would totally buy that.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 10-02-2010, 01:02:16 »
Ted, have you ever played Fuchs online?  He really is terrible. He just rushed all his forces into my line infantry.  I mean, really.  He's like a goddam Indian (of the Native American variety).

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 10-02-2010, 02:02:47 »
Ted, have you ever played Fuchs online?  He really is terrible. He just rushed all his forces into my line infantry.  I mean, really.  He's like a goddam Indian (of the Native American variety).
Hahahahha! Yes I have, once!
I do remember something like that! Then he made up some rules that cavalry should not get to attack infantry, what the hell good is cavalry then?

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 10-02-2010, 02:02:07 »
Yeah, he wanted me to get out of my formation and attack him with only one unit on one of his units.  I told him he was an idiot.