Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 20th August 2009: Total War  (Read 31794 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope News Update: 20th August 2009: Total War
« Reply #210 on: 25-08-2009, 06:08:02 »
Well, there are one or two things we haven't shown yet ;)

(No... Not the 105mm howitzer or the GMC truck, they're not in 2.2...)

More flamethrowers, heck yes :D

;D
Mmm...flamethrowers, cant wait to use them  ;D

Now me and my Panther has something to fear, the M4A1(76)W...
I think the 76mm Sherman will be further down the list of your worries my friend  ;)

Haha, maybe, lets see that when Normandy is out :D

Hmm, i am crazy or... in the pic Totalize6.jpg theres 2 versions of the Tiger, Early production and Late Production?.. they have 2 different skins.

2 Tigers... WOOT!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 25-08-2009, 07:08:07 »
Those skins were released when the newer Tiger was shown some time back - Like most tanks, the Shermna 76mm, etc the Tiger seems to have more than one look is all - The 2 are simple variants of the same thing... I guess they could have used the same skin, but it makes it more interesting to have slight variations, give each tanker a character

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #212 on: 25-08-2009, 08:08:58 »
Well, there are one or two things we haven't shown yet ;)

(No... Not the 105mm howitzer or the GMC truck, they're not in 2.2...)

More flamethrowers, heck yes :D

;D
Mmm...flamethrowers, cant wait to use them  ;D

Now me and my Panther has something to fear, the M4A1(76)W...
I think the 76mm Sherman will be further down the list of your worries my friend  ;)

Haha, maybe, lets see that when Normandy is out :D

Hmm, i am crazy or... in the pic Totalize6.jpg theres 2 versions of the Tiger, Early production and Late Production?.. they have 2 different skins.

2 Tigers... WOOT!
There are 3 skins for Tiger late, all 3 shown. One in the Germany vehicle section and other two in Totalize6.jpg.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Fenring

• Developer
  • Retired FH2 developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 25-08-2009, 09:08:00 »
Its actually a Wittmann "222" camo especialy for totalize and villers bocage by FatJoe/Toddel  ;D

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 25-08-2009, 09:08:05 »
Ace Wittmann... lol his gunner did all the work and Wittmann gets to be the Ace... pfff
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Biiviz

« Reply #215 on: 25-08-2009, 10:08:55 »
That's how it worked in the German army as I recall it. If a tank did well, the commander got the praise.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 25-08-2009, 10:08:50 »
That's how it worked in the German army as I recall it. If a tank did well, the commander got the praise.

It's how every army works. ;)

An off topic quote from Terry P. nicely shows another facet of the military. ^^
The consensus seemed to be that if really large numbers of men were sent to storm the mountain, then enough might survive the rocks to take the citadel. This is essentially the basis of all military thinking.
« Last Edit: 25-08-2009, 10:08:25 by N24Reporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 25-08-2009, 10:08:55 »
I think it was Gen. Zukov who said 'When our men meet a minefield, they approach it as through the mines weren't there - The casualties from mines we see as acceptable had those fields been defended by stronger defesese like machineguns and men'

Its all about cold-blooded arithmetic and logistics - Like maneouvering under fire, alot of probabilty @ the risk of losing your life - Kinda why soldiers are not encourages to question orders - you need to know you are part of the system, just as expendible... Kinda wonder why modern media doesn't quite get it going about making modern warfare such a political quagmire... as though the good side should never take casualties

But back on topic, that's pretty cool - So we actualy got a hero tank on the battlefield - Gotta love the devs' sense of fun - Did he ever etch or paint his number of kills on his tank? Will be interesting to have that if it were there - Besides, I don't think all the credit is the gunners, he follows orders and the tactics employed are Witmman's...

Biiviz

« Reply #218 on: 25-08-2009, 11:08:06 »

It's how every army works. ;)

In the Finnish army the gunner was awarded.

But I know what you mean :P

Offline Incarnadine

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 25-08-2009, 14:08:29 »
Looks great, can't wait! ;D

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 25-08-2009, 14:08:35 »
I think it was Gen. Zukov who said 'When our men meet a minefield, they approach it as through the mines weren't there - The casualties from mines we see as acceptable had those fields been defended by stronger defesese like machineguns and men'

Its all about cold-blooded arithmetic and logistics - Like maneouvering under fire, alot of probabilty @ the risk of losing your life - Kinda why soldiers are not encourages to question orders - you need to know you are part of the system, just as expendible... Kinda wonder why modern media doesn't quite get it going about making modern warfare such a political quagmire... as though the good side should never take casualties

But back on topic, that's pretty cool - So we actualy got a hero tank on the battlefield - Gotta love the devs' sense of fun - Did he ever etch or paint his number of kills on his tank? Will be interesting to have that if it were there - Besides, I don't think all the credit is the gunners, he follows orders and the tactics employed are Witmman's...

Yea lets continue off topic, you seem to know wich side is good, tell me mate
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline vic fontaine

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 25-08-2009, 17:08:15 »

The Soviets are a bit of a special case in that regard. When attacking, some commanders would fine out how many machine guns the germans had, multiply that by how many bullets they could fire in the time it'd take to walk from the starting position to their trench, and field that many men, plus a couple thousand for good measure :p.
« Last Edit: 25-08-2009, 18:08:16 by vic fontaine »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 25-08-2009, 20:08:15 »
Commanders get the praise because they choose the targets, they give the orders for the tank, the tank's manuveres, etc....  The crew just carry out his orders.  HOWEVER, if a gunner became a tank commander, any of the kills he made were automatically given to his score, Kurt Knispel being a great example of this.  Also, tank crews were normally awarded medals all round, so in Wittman's case, everyone had up to the Iron Cross 1st class, and he and his gunner held the Knights Cross.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 25-08-2009, 20:08:38 »
see, there is justice in the word after all... back on topic...

Biiviz

« Reply #224 on: 25-08-2009, 21:08:37 »
Now that I think about it, my statement might be wrong. I seem to recall reading about it in some book but I'm really uncertain. Disregard my earlier post for now.