Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 4th July 2009: Rangers Lead The Way  (Read 31248 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Wonder if we'll see 101st or 82nd airborne....  if I recall some of Rad's American player models that he showed a long time ago were airborne but then again my memory could be failing me.

No I think you're right, I saw those models too and they looked like paratrooper models, I hope they can use those... that is if Rad was able to finish them or if they weren't lost in that harddrive crash...

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
It was Us rangers not paratrooper and Fh team lost them in HD crash.

Offline ChoPhil

• View Profile
Nice works Remdul and Zero

Offline Kuupperi

• Professional spoilsport
    • View Profile
This is it what I've been waiting for. Seeing the american uniform finally and damn they're so great. Outstanding work.

Offline Coca-Cola

• [130.Pz.]A.Aasen
    • View Profile
    • MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE
Sweet, it's Amurikah.
MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE: http://andersgarvin.wix.com/portfolio#!home/mainPage

Offline Buran

• View Profile
Excellent job.

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
YAY!
Awesome.

Offline Wasntmenl

• FHT Mapper
    • View Profile
So now we have left for player models.

Us para's
British para's
FallschrimfJägers

And maybe some other US player models.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Probably my favorite update in almost a year, save for the Germans and Tiger

I think the blue triangle insigna is Rangers, right? Hope they have the markings at the back of their helmet - Don't know if that was standard though

Couple of questions:
1) Were they greyer uniform tops worn by any division of the US? And if so, which?
2) Were those heavy brownish jacket thingy worn by Captain Miller in SPR and the Rangers in Company of Heroes specific to any type of soldier?
3) How many face types are we seeing here? Never did get that answer for the German troops
4) Are they coded yet?

With these guys out of the way, I can imagine the unofficial countdown to 2.2 has already begun, all else would be cosmetic or add-on updates - The game is basically complete at this point, save for place-holders, which I can survive with

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
E P I C N E S S.

Now lets wait for Desert Cammo!

Offline Kebert Xela

• View Profile
very nice, looking great!
cant wait to have some camo as allied  ;D

Offline K.Cower

• I use immersive HUD
    • View Profile
...but be sure to come back later for another update.

Epic update! Can't wait for "later".
Sinn Féin

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Wow, nice! It was somewhat erotic to even read about the US playermodels being complete. Not that I love the Americans so much, but more because I think this means 2.2 isn't far away anymore. Go FH dev team!

Couple of questions:
3) How many face types are we seeing here? Never did get that answer for the German troops

My guess is two. Germans I think three.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Hey anyone else notice this on the front page? "That's all for now, but be sure to come back later for another update." This might just be nitpicking  and anyone can feel free to crush my dreams, but doesn't the update usually read " be sure to come back next time for another update" if there's not gonna be one with week? To me later makes it sound like there may be another update today... that's probably crazy talk but Lightning can just come and crush my dreams so i can stop hoping.

EDIT: Kurt beat me to it

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Just means they are not sure, otherwise it would be "later today" and that has only happened when 2.0 was released.