Author Topic: [F|H] & [762] & [WaW] Community Map Pack  (Read 39805 times)

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
Re: [F|H] & [762] & [WaW] Community Map Pack
« Reply #60 on: 03-01-2015, 22:01:53 »
So i need to have 4 flags of 7 of them and then they/me on oposite side will get that assets?

Yep.  You have to make the team bleed to spawn it's bleed asset.  It may be on 2 minute delay as well.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 03-01-2015, 23:01:46 »
7 flags on map is way too many... WW2 conflict was about massive clashes, not tactical "SPEC OPS" engagement, what some people in our community think like it was lately...

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 06-01-2015, 14:01:31 »
The part of the discussion which drifted too far away from the topic of the Community Map Pack, has been moved to a separate thread.

Online Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 06-01-2015, 17:01:32 »
This post was cut and moved to the other thread but this is how I feel about the map pack.

My opinions on the map-pack; It's a nice effort :) I truly appreciate all the time these mappers put into these maps and most of all the effort spent by the 762/FHT/WAW guys to test them out and compile them all to be released as one. It's no easy task, believe me.

The same old FH2 maps in rotation are always going to get a bit stale from time to time so it's nice that these guys put this together to give us a bit of fresh air. I admit that it's refreshing to play something new now and then to get out of the old routine.

As for the maps themselves, they're just not my taste. I tend to hold many of the same sentiments that TS does, so I much prefer the play style of the FH2 originals than the new maps that came out. That's not to say that there aren't a few good maps in the bunch. :) St Mere Eglise, Herrilsheim (Orsholtz) and Etna Line have some very promising layouts, and maps like Brecourt have a lot of interesting gameplay ideas. There's actually a good bit of promise in a few of these maps, and it'd be nice to see them expanded upon properly with some guidance one day.

Mostly for me tho FH is about more than it's gameplay. A large part of FH2 is it's immersion factor imo. The amount of time spent on research, custom statics, custom vehicles, skins, etc.... that's what makes FH2 the ultimate WW2 game for me. There's so much care put into the atmosphere of a map and it's just as much about how it looks as how it plays.
Many of these custom maps obviously don't have that same amount of time and effort put into their atmosphere. (not to say they tried and failed, just to say that it wasn't a priority) and so there's no real immersion factor in those maps like there is in the official ones.

I'd say 60-70% of why I play FH2 is to feel like I'm a part of that battle that took place and truly immerse myself into the history of it. And so many of the FH2 maps allow me to do that 8) so in the end that's why I'd prefer the old ones to the custom ones.

Thanks to the people that put this together tho, these maps aren't for me but there's no doubt they bumped the player base a bit and added some new interest in a mod that's had a bit of a 'lull' in releases ;) and that's NEVER a bad thing imo.

I hope the best thing that can come out of this map pack is some hype for the future of FH2 and maybe even if we're lucky, one of these mappers with one of the better maps can get some guidance and turn it into the next Mt Olympus 8)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 06-01-2015, 19:01:30 »
I stopped trying to care too much about realism in FH2 when it became apparent that "realistic" is one soldier armed with a spawnable G43 can not only lay down 5 S-mines all by himself (realism), but that it only takes 1.3 seconds to deploy an S-mine (realism) and he can throw these out of upstairs windows into downstairs doorways (realism) where enemy soldiers (who have shovels and knives, which are historically S-mine antidotes) have no way to remove them unless they happen to have a wrench handy. Oh, and his 4 other buddies also with spawnable G43s are doing the same thing, so good fucking luck getting inside that house.

As for the custom maps, I like them and I try to be careful not to unfairly shit on anything someone made with dozens/hundreds of ours of their spare time. Neither do I mind a few weird maps like Westwall (a billion flags spread out over a wide area with no push code) because as much I usually have a boner for push maps and hate hate hate the idea a "realistic war" includes one guy in a jeep who has a really fast computer capping a flag 8 miles behind our front line because we just happened to have a lot of people on piss breaks before the next map stars. But if we already have 25 maps that follow the same general strategy, a few weird ones here and there to mix it up I can live with. We all have our own little notions about what should and shouldn't be represented in the mod so maybe no one else has a problem with this kind of thing at all. The biggest thing this map pack has reminded me is how I long for every flag in the mod to require 2 men to capture it.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 06-01-2015, 19:01:45 »
What i consider like nice map is Gargiano Crosing,but it need some work around main baze,velichles.I saw there british paratroper plane and which you can drive Douglas Skytrane and river boat Stormboat that are nice new velichles and can be inclouded in official as and map.I also saw some pontonian bridge(which army use and can be driven on other places ) which is broke and i dont know can it be fixed?(PLEASE answer)

http://youtu.be/AlckKjhq_yI
I also saw WaW Battle of Britian map which is nice designed,but i assume a lot of that is taken from FH1. I also saw there Heinkel He 111 and Doiner Do 17(or is it Junker 88) which are german medium bomber and  can be in use in FH2(also saw Mosquito british).This two map are what realy imprest me and can be taken seriously.
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #66 on: 12-01-2015, 08:01:55 »
Immersion - 8 out of 10 people doesn't care...

Nobody stops there to check out "Oh there is a nice bed with historical details" or "look at the trees, it's the same from that time."

What you need is a fast gameplay, where you can deploy more than ONE strategy, where you can attack everywhere you want or take a jeep and charge through the back flags. That's how good this game is and that's why it still has 200 core players who are refusing to quit after all the screw ups that has been done since the first release. We had the perfect thing with FH1, this is a new, clumsy engine which I think is not suitable for this game in the first place. But since we're 8 years into progress, there is no going back from it, we have to squeeze as much as we can from this.

- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 12-01-2015, 20:01:07 »
Hey Natty, you back?

I play this game mostly because of the historical accuracy, which you so nicely portray with the example of a bed  ::)

But I must be some pathetic exception, right?  :-X

What you need is a fast gameplay, where you can deploy more than ONE strategy, where you can attack everywhere you want or take a jeep and charge through the back flags.
Then I wonder why you still play this game, because there are tons of other games which have this, but don't have what you call
1) a clumsy engine
2) "all the screw ups" (nice qualification of the dev's work btw)

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 12-01-2015, 21:01:08 »
I cant wait to play the Pegasus map which looks like having both immersion and fast gameplay like many other maps  :-)

Online Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 12-01-2015, 21:01:54 »

Yeaaa I'd say it's a bit more than that. ;) Otherwise things like this wouldn't exist:

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=16099.0

and the devs wouldn't painstakingly recreate many of their maps with 100% custom statics at 1:1 scale. It's why I love this mod and I hope the devs never stop sharing this sentiment with me.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 13-01-2015, 01:01:55 »
You meant you don't care, so probably most of the people here don't care as well?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 13-01-2015, 01:01:23 »
Luckily the only people who need to care are the people who actually make the mod.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 13-01-2015, 07:01:53 »
Well if you want to make port-en-bessin sure you want to use up your tools but if you are looking for a solid gameplay immersion is pretty secondary imo.

Luckily we have the community mappers for that.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 13-01-2015, 07:01:55 »
Nothing like a big fuck you right at your face 8:44 in the morning.  8)

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #74 on: 13-01-2015, 09:01:12 »
It's not as important as you think. That's what I'm trying to say.

I would rather play a good map than to have a shit one with lots of details.  ;)
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.