Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 48338 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #270 on: 01-07-2012, 22:07:36 »
I look really forward to seeing the Tully's in the show. I loved Brynden in the first book.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 01-07-2012, 22:07:53 »
The Blackfish is cool indeed.

Seriously can't wait for the shenanigans of Lord Beric and Thoros. I also hope that we see the ghost of High Heart.

I'm just worried that with all the problems they are having with horses, Vargo Hoat's mount will be a pain ;D
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 01-07-2012, 23:07:51 »
Who? What? You have a thread for that.

Casting is ok, but PLEASE keep out the spoilers. Thank you.

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 01-07-2012, 23:07:08 »
How are names spoilers? If you had watched the show and paid attention you would've known about most of these people.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 02-07-2012, 10:07:21 »
Also, really looking forward to see Tormund and the Queen of Thorns "in action". Especially the first is one of my favourite Wildling charaters. Har!
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 02-07-2012, 11:07:36 »
How are names spoilers? If you had watched the show and paid attention you would've known about most of these people.

For those who read (all) the books, these names may or may not be well-known. For others, they are not, some don't even read the books at all. I'm halfway through the first book and slowly rewatching. Some names may be epic, we don't know yet, and they often flash by too quickly on the tv-series to fully register, while you go: "Oh, great, That will be cool. Pity I already know what will happen."

Why is it so hard for people that have read the series to gather on their own forums and threads, and not spoil things for these annoying people like me invading 'their' Westeros. Pretty hard I guess, and yes, how dare we invade 'their' lands. In this thread, we can discuss up to the latest episode, speculate, and sure, casting for the next season. I don't mind that. If a name pops up, so be it. What I do not like is big hints at their roles, but god forbid if we say that. The pack of patronizing direwolves will descent. Most of our mods being part of that group doesn't help.

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 02-07-2012, 14:07:21 »
Where are the spoiler if I may ask?

The casting information comes from fan sites, wikis and news sites OF THE TELEVISION SERIES.

If you do not want to know anything about series 3, I suggest that you stay away from ANY forums or site dedicated to the TV series, because, by the gods, there are casting news and discussion on each and every one of them.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 02-07-2012, 14:07:07 »

For those who read (all) the books, these names may or may not be well-known. For others, they are not, some don't even read the books at all. I'm halfway through the first book and slowly rewatching. Some names may be epic, we don't know yet, and they often flash by too quickly on the tv-series to fully register, while you go: "Oh, great, That will be cool. Pity I already know what will happen."

Why is it so hard for people that have read the series to gather on their own forums and threads, and not spoil things for these annoying people like me invading 'their' Westeros. Pretty hard I guess, and yes, how dare we invade 'their' lands. In this thread, we can discuss up to the latest episode, speculate, and sure, casting for the next season. I don't mind that. If a name pops up, so be it. What I do not like is big hints at their roles, but god forbid if we say that. The pack of patronizing direwolves will descent. Most of our mods being part of that group doesn't help.
What the hell?  :-\ Are we even reading the same posts? We must be since you actually quote me and then give me another quote which I never said. What is wrong with you?..

We are discussing up to the latest episode and what Season 3 will bring. Thorondor posted something about Season 3 casting, which is about the SERIES, that's the topic what this thread is about! I am almost finished with book 1 and I just state that I really liked Brynden Tully in it and that I can not wait to see him in Season 3. That is not a spoiler, that is not elitist behaviour, that is just stating my happiness about Season 3. It should make YOU happy too since now you may realize that the Blackfish is an awesome guy who will make Season 3 even better than it could be.

And all the other bits make me more puzzled, are you on acid or crack?

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 13-07-2012, 22:07:44 »
Just finished A Feast for Crows and I'm terribly confused. Was it supposed to be confusing or did I miss something?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 13-07-2012, 23:07:07 »
I have heard similar reactions of other people about AFFC. Now plunged into ACOK which is very refreshing after AGOT which was so similar to the series. Good read.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 15-07-2012, 12:07:24 »
New cast members for the upcoming Season 3.

Pretty good choices so far. The choices for the Reeds are pretty good, IMHO.
« Last Edit: 15-07-2012, 12:07:30 by [WaW]hOMEr_jAy »
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 15-07-2012, 15:07:33 »
Are those confirmed? Mackenzie Crook as Orell seems rather odd to me.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 15-07-2012, 15:07:39 »
Just finished A Feast for Crows and I'm terribly confused. Was it supposed to be confusing or did I miss something?

Have not read it yet, just begun a Storm of Swords but confusing how? Switching back and for in the timeline or ...

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 15-07-2012, 15:07:14 »
Have not read it yet, just begun a Storm of Swords but confusing how? Switching back and for in the timeline or ...
The relation between the prologue and the rest of the book kind of eludes me (to say it without mentioning any spoilers). Other than that though, the book is also strange because it only has half the characters in it. Instead of dividing the story chronologically over 2 books, GRRM divided the story geographically.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 15-07-2012, 16:07:05 »
GRRM explained in the end of Feast why he split Feast and Dance that way and in the last chapters of Dance the storyline continues chronologically. He says that it would´ve been just too confusing to skip from all sorts of different places, so he limited Feast on the south, Iron Islands and Kings Landing.
Also, characters from Feasts prologue later appear in Dance IIRC, leaving quite some room for a good ammount of speculations.

Spoiler!

Speculations about that guy Pate, the Faceless Man who killed him and who is, as some believe Jaquen etc.

EDIT: I´ve read that the cast has been confirmed at ComicCon, so I think it´s official.
« Last Edit: 15-07-2012, 16:07:32 by [WaW]hOMEr_jAy »
and not a soul to hear.