Author Topic: Skin Zip File Updates Help.  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Len

• Radiotelegrafisti
    • View Profile
Skin Zip File Updates Help.
« on: 16-05-2011, 17:05:27 »
I recently came across some FH 2 flag and vehicle skins but I cannot
get then to install. They come in Zip format but when I try to extract them to
say objects_statics_client zip file the extraction path will find FH2 main folder but
not the Zip files within. Is there a way around this? I tried adding them from within
the zip file itself and you can do that but it will not replace them because the
path is not recognised. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: 16-05-2011, 17:05:21 by Len »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Skin Zip File Updates Help.
« Reply #1 on: 16-05-2011, 22:05:34 »
This is a rare find. It might be what warrior and a couple others were working on some years back - surely it isn't Hanley's

Please give us a link to this patch, and someone can try it back and perhaps understand the problem...

Offline Len

• Radiotelegrafisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-05-2011, 04:05:53 »
This is a rare find. It might be what warrior and a couple others were working on some years back - surely it isn't Hanley's

Please give us a link to this patch, and someone can try it back and perhaps understand the problem...

Sure:http://battlefield2.filefront.com/files/Battlefield_2/Modifications/Forgotten_Hope_2;10205

« Last Edit: 17-05-2011, 04:05:47 by Len »

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-05-2011, 10:05:27 »
Ahh yes, the infamous skins...

They do work, although I haven't tried using them with 2.3.

I'll dig the files up and double-check later, but if memory serves, you need to overwrite the skin files in objects_statics_client.zip.

You can't extract files into an archive, you'll need to extract the new skins somewhere, then open objects_statics_client.zip, navigate to where the skin files are, then drag-and-drop the new skins into Win RAR (it'll overwrite the old ones). Don't forget to make a backup first.

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-05-2011, 10:05:58 »
Its probably better to place the skins into a zip/rar file (if they already arent)
Then add that rar/zip file to the top of the client archives file

Offline Len

• Radiotelegrafisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-05-2011, 18:05:52 »
Ahh yes, the infamous skins...

They do work, although I haven't tried using them with 2.3.

I'll dig the files up and double-check later, but if memory serves, you need to overwrite the skin files in objects_statics_client.zip.

You can't extract files into an archive, you'll need to extract the new skins somewhere, then open objects_statics_client.zip, navigate to where the skin files are, then drag-and-drop the new skins into Win RAR (it'll overwrite the old ones). Don't forget to make a backup first.

Thank You Cannonfodder 100% working with 2.3.Now if only there were some new Italian uniform skins  8)
« Last Edit: 17-05-2011, 20:05:30 by Len »