Author Topic: Using non-arty guns as arty?  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Striktarn

• View Profile
Using non-arty guns as arty?
« on: 16-02-2014, 11:02:47 »
First, thanks for a great mod, the attention to detail is first class and hard to find in other games. It's quite an experience sneaking around in the M24 chaffee, cruising self confidently in the Tiger II, or participating in an offensive squad with a good SL (such as Band(NOR), Damaso97, and others).

Now, the question: When firing long distance with for example Flak 88, I can see how the shot first follow a nice trajectory, but after travelling some distance it "falls from the sky". Is this just a graphical "bug" or is it supposed to represent an effective max range for the gun? What happens to the shot when it has fallen, does it explode on ground?

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Using non-arty guns as arty?
« Reply #1 on: 16-02-2014, 12:02:16 »
They have a 'timetolive' set to them. After that they are harmless.

Offline Striktarn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-02-2014, 21:02:14 »
They have a 'timetolive' set to them. After that they are harmless.

Thanks!

Offline teoman10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-03-2014, 00:03:58 »
Played in a squad with Band(NOR) the other day. Was some of the most fun i have ever had in FH2

Offline SShadowFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-04-2014, 21:04:18 »
Now, the question: When firing long distance with for example Flak 88, I can see how the shot first follow a nice trajectory, but after travelling some distance it "falls from the sky". Is this just a graphical "bug" or is it supposed to represent an effective max range for the gun? What happens to the shot when it has fallen, does it explode on ground?

It's the "Bullet Drop", it happens due to gravity pulling the object down. It happens to every projectile in FH2, but you only see it on cannons and such due to the tracer. It doesn't affect the damage inflicted by the shell, but makes it extra hard to take something out at a distance.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25-01-2015, 23:01:58 »
Can Flak 88 fire from German baze to British on El Alamein.They were used as arty in WW2
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26-01-2015, 20:01:35 »
I'm pretty sure flak18 has a timetolive on the projectile, so i don't think it's possible.