Author Topic: Singleplayer Patch B for Forgotten Hope 2.45 - DOWNLOAD  (Read 14420 times)

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Singleplayer Patch B for Forgotten Hope 2.45 - DOWNLOAD
« Reply #30 on: 14-12-2012, 15:12:43 »
Might I ask what the difference between co-op support and SP support is?

EDIT: I'd LOVE to see those navmeshed one day

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/news.php?id_news=418

In core the navmeshes/files are the same for SP/coop I think. I prefer coop anyway as it is way more adjustable

But you are absolutely right Navmeshes for Italy would be AWESOME as it would add a new "storyline" to FH2 a whole new front for us Coop players. Hope that will come some day.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15-12-2012, 14:12:14 »
Yes, a map in BF2 can have only one set of navmeshes, so SP's path finding is identical to Coop's path finding. As for gameplay (control points, spawn points, vehicles, etc.), for all rebuilt maps and for many of re-navmeshed maps SP game modes were copy-pasted from Coop. On the rest of the maps SP most probably is the same as Coop, but I can't guarantee this without checking. One thing I know for certain is that Vossenack is currently playable only in Coop.

Regarding the Italian tournament maps... The main goal for these patches is to fix AI for almost 40 official 2.45 maps and then contribute all the stuff to the next release of FH2, so we won't need to fix it again. If anyone endeavours to add AI support to FH2T's maps, it will be a side project.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #32 on: 02-01-2013, 18:01:08 »

fixed remaining "choo-choo" sounds for tanks,

This I almost wish I'd had a chance to witness  :P

djinn - testing and theorizing :P

LMAO !   ;D Bless you Djinn. The theorising works  8)

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 27-01-2013, 22:01:23 »
WOW. You guys did an un-freaking-believable job with this. I downloaded and played a couple rounds of Cobra and it was just spectacular. Fun, pure and simple. The bots were challenging, but not unreasonably so. Great "teamwork" with the bots on your team. It played the way singleplayer should play.

Awesome, awesome job. If anyone is wondering whether to download or not, do it.

I'm really hoping that the changes you guys made makes its way into the next official release of FH! Also, please see if this can be publicized on the home page. Some week when there's not much news and when you feel the SP fix is complete to a point where you'd want to share it, lets try to get it out to a wider audience! This will undoubtable bring more folks to the mod, seeing as how only a small percentage of FH fans visit the forums.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #34 on: 27-01-2013, 23:01:23 »
Yes, I second that. The SP patch deserves an official news release !  ;D

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28-01-2013, 00:01:26 »
Thank you, Tasser and Barney!

I'm really hoping that the changes you guys made makes its way into the next official release of FH!
As the team is composed of developers and beta-testers, the chances that this stuff will find its way to the next release are fairly close to 100%.

Also, please see if this can be publicized on the home page. Some week when there's not much news and when you feel the SP fix is complete to a point where you'd want to share it, lets try to get it out to a wider audience! This will undoubtable bring more folks to the mod, seeing as how only a small percentage of FH fans visit the forums.
It's my fault that the patch has not been PRed on the official site. Faced with the choice between PR and working on further AI improvements, I chose the latter.  Well, I won't make this error for incoming Patch C :)

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28-01-2013, 01:01:10 »
100% eh? I like those odds... 8)

Highly recommend the official PR. I figured since it is an ongoing improvement you guys were planning on getting to the rest of the maps (or at least the majority of them) before unveiling this blessing to mankind on the FH homepage so that the mod's brilliant rays of truth can touch all corners of the world.

FH has historically been pretty weak on the SP side of the game, this is a great way to show the public the mod is still going strong.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28-01-2013, 12:01:18 »

It's my fault that the patch has not been PRed on the official site. Faced with the choice between PR and working on further AI improvements, I chose the latter.  Well, I won't make this error for incoming Patch C :)
[/quote]

:o That's a lot more thrilling than the Eastern Front news updates in my opinion...

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #38 on: 29-01-2013, 14:01:38 »
Bah ! That Mooning the Enemy news release is just as interesting and important as any SP news release.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 29-01-2013, 16:01:41 »
Please keep in mind that I am hopelessly addicted to SP and COOP and that this pecularity greatly influences my formation of opinion.  ;D

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29-01-2013, 18:01:23 »
If I change the recoil of a weapon in FH2, will it affect AI handling of it, too?

Offline eldiablo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01-02-2013, 12:02:01 »
HI,

thanks for patch B, it improves lots of things.
Just noticed that there are maps with 9999 tickets when palying 64 coop settings. Vossenack and purple heart lane are examples. If I find more I reply here with map names.

If there will be patch C can you please set those tickets to around 300?
Where one can find the correct place in files to modify it, I would like to set them to ~300 to use those maps at next LAN party.

Thanks for supporting coop and SP! Coop helps a lot at LANs where there are never enought players.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01-02-2013, 13:02:58 »
HI,

Just noticed that there are maps with 9999 tickets when palying 64 coop settings. Vossenack and purple heart lane are examples. If I find more I reply here with map names.

Where one can find the correct place in files to modify it, I would like to set them to ~300 to use those maps at next LAN party.

Thanks for supporting coop and SP! Coop helps a lot at LANs where there are never enought players.

The maps with 9999 tickets are supposed to be "King of the Hill" game mode... Where you fight for control of a single flag, and the team that is losing is bleeding fast.... The bleed is timed so that if a team can't take the flag the round should last around 10 minutes.

Don't know if they work well with bots though...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline eldiablo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01-02-2013, 13:02:51 »
HI,

The maps with 9999 tickets are supposed to be "King of the Hill" game mode... Where you fight for control of a single flag, and the team that is losing is bleeding fast.... The bleed is timed so that if a team can't take the flag the round should last around 10 minutes.

Don't know if they work well with bots though...

Did not seem to work with Coop. It takes ages to reduce the tickets. Thats why I would like to be able to reduce the amount of tickets.

King of the hill is fun at online, but does not work that well with coop.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01-02-2013, 19:02:46 »
eldiablo, both Purple Heart Lane and Vossenack have 9999 tickets only on 16 map sizes, and Patch B fixes this issue:
  • Fixed wrong number of tickets at the start of Coop rounds (vBF2 bug - the game used to take tickets number from 16 map size instead of 64).
So in theory you should get 500 tickets on Vossenack 64 and 1000 tickets on Purple Heart Lane 64 (+ increased ticket bleed on both maps, the patch fixes that too).

Could you check the modification date of the following file: ...\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\python\game\gamemodes\gpm_coop.pyc? If the file is dated July or August 2012, then the patch is not properly installed. But if the file is dated December 2012 (can be 30 November, depending on time zone), it'll require further investigation.