Author Topic: FH2: All New 2.5 Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [Patched for v2.54]  (Read 58004 times)

Offline ultimaq

• View Profile
Re: FH2: All New 2.5 Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD
« Reply #30 on: 26-02-2016, 20:02:34 »
Thanks a lot. But one thing is sad. That Pegaus "32" is not original like in conquest, but thanks :)

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26-02-2016, 22:02:27 »
Thanks a lot. But one thing is sad. That Pegaus "32" is not original like in conquest, but thanks :)

Pegasus 64 has been split into two parts, the North is now the 64 coop layer, the South is the 32 coop layer. Please refer to the opening post for further detail on the issue.

Offline ultimaq

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27-02-2016, 12:02:24 »

Pegasus 64 has been split into two parts, the North is now the 64 coop layer, the South is the 32 coop layer. Please refer to the opening post for further detail on the issue.

Sorry for that, but its not entirely my fault. When I am loading new map "64" i got error. But next time I'll be more careful :).

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 27-02-2016, 14:02:06 »
Sorry for that, but its not entirely my fault. When I am loading new map "64" i got error. But next time I'll be more careful :).

Who said anything about fault? :) Would you care to tell me what kind of error you get when loading Pegasus 64 in Coop? For me the map is running fine in that mode. Make sure to redownload the pack if errors occur, I have significantly updated Pegasus in my last patch about 15h ago.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27-02-2016, 17:02:07 »
I've also noted that German riflemen fire standard rifle grenades at T34. The damage is insignificant and focuses them away from infantry threats. This might not be a good threat assessment for them.
Again, not my buisiness - the general behaviour like this should be reported in the 2.5 Singleplayer thread, this has nothing to do with my work in particular.
I thought you set the AI template for Russian tanks because they are clearly reacting to them as they would light armor, not medium armor. Or did Russian tanks already have that set?

Sorry if I'm mistaken.

Offline ultimaq

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27-02-2016, 17:02:04 »

Who said anything about fault? :) Would you care to tell me what kind of error you get when loading Pegasus 64 in Coop? For me the map is running fine in that mode. Make sure to redownload the pack if errors occur, I have significantly updated Pegasus in my last patch about 15h ago.

Its Memory error, only in "64 maps".

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 27-02-2016, 17:02:23 »
Its Memory error, only in "64 maps".

That is strange. Haven't seen that one in BF2 in a while and never in FH2, ircc. I'm afraid I will be of little help there. None of my Beta testers ever reported such an error. What hardware are you running it on? If you didn't already, you could try debugging the error further while running the game in windowed mode.

I thought you set the AI template for Russian tanks because they are clearly reacting to them as they would light armor, not medium armor. Or did Russian tanks already have that set?

Sorry if I'm mistaken.

No. The template was already there. What I did was fixing the Hull MG so that it wouldn't crash the AI. And I also didn't create a custom AItemplate for the Hull MG, since the T34 85 early already had a working one that I could use. Same holds for the T34 76 versions.

Offline AverageAlien

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 27-02-2016, 20:02:04 »
Amazing work!  :D
Why you say Dukla Pass 64 is not recommended? (I didnt play it in COOP yet)

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 27-02-2016, 20:02:26 »
Amazing work!  :D
Why you say Dukla Pass 64 is not recommended? (I didnt play it in COOP yet)

Well, that note is a little outdated since I fixed most of the pathfinding issues on that size, but the map just isn't set up for Bot play. It has vast open fields, a good view distance, little cover and Zombie-like armies walking around in hordes waiting for you to drop them one by one - vehicles are limited to cross through a hand full of chokepoints that you can easily camp on (thats why I had to remove most AT guns, too). As defender you can just sit there and count your kills, especially when in a Panzer with lots of MG ammo. As attacker-player I suppose you won't have much trouble overpowering anything in your way. Its a definitly great map, both for MP and visually, it just isn't a lot of fun to play against the AI imo.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 28-02-2016, 07:02:44 »
I've also noted that German riflemen fire standard rifle grenades at T34. The damage is insignificant and focuses them away from infantry threats. This might not be a good threat assessment for them.
Again, not my buisiness - the general behaviour like this should be reported in the 2.5 Singleplayer thread, this has nothing to do with my work in particular.

Sorry if I'm mistaken.
The rifle grenades in the default German rifleman kit on Arad, Dukla and Seelow - they are not frag grenades, they are HEAT. The same HEAT grenades you can find in, say, the AT kit on Operation Cobra. On Cobra they are mildly effective against Shermans, but, as it seems, they are very weak against the Russian armor.

On planes bombs: I did tweak the bombs for FH 2.5 to be less accurate, but apparently it did not help much. Will try to tweak them more.

On HE shells: did I make them too accurate, especially in static guns, or it's just you, guys, being not accustomed to AI utilizing them against infantry? :)

Darman, what handhelds do you mean by "firing their handhelds at ineffective range"?
I very often observe how bots start discharging everthing at their disposal right on spawning, even when the enemy is still far out in the fog or behind terrain obstacles. Firing from the hip, mostly.
This is weird because the maximum range for weapons capable of automatic hip fire is set to 100m or so, far below the fog range on almost all maps.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 28-02-2016, 13:02:33 »
On HE shells: did I make them too accurate, especially in static guns, or it's just you, guys, being not accustomed to AI utilizing them against infantry? :)

Oh, I can definitly adjust to that behaviour. The problem from my pov is, that the enemy AI infantry can not, does not, will not - and instead gets blown to bits in heaps of 5 men at a time while purposefully marching towards the defensive line. And again, afaik - a PaK just isn't there for anti personnel use. That is what MGs are supposed to do.

This is weird because the maximum range for weapons capable of automatic hip fire is set to 100m or so, far below the fog range on almost all maps.

I'm talking about Rifles/Carbines being fired from the hip - on further observation not necessarily at ineffective range, but often enough at ineffective range for the AI (they just won't hit like that) and very often behind terrain or static obstacles. But thats far from a gamebreaking issue. Its not like they are wasting any ammo as Bots.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 28-02-2016, 17:02:16 »

Oh, I can definitly adjust to that behaviour. The problem from my pov is, that the enemy AI infantry can not, does not, will not - and instead gets blown to bits in heaps of 5 men at a time while purposefully marching towards the defensive line. And again, afaik - a PaK just isn't there for anti personnel use. That is what MGs are supposed to do.
There are various ways to deal with this, from setting extremely high respawn times to the emplacements (this way the attackers have to destroy each gun once and it won't bother them anymore), to decreasing AI accuracy or ranges with that weapon (like it's done on PHL with the MGs), to counter-balancing the guns with bombers or artillery for the attacking team.

I'm talking about Rifles/Carbines being fired from the hip - on further observation not necessarily at ineffective range, but often enough at ineffective range for the AI (they just won't hit like that) and very often behind terrain or static obstacles. But thats far from a gamebreaking issue. Its not like they are wasting any ammo as Bots.
Rifles also have rather short ranges of around 250m, shorter than the fog distance on most of EF maps. And bots shooting through statics may be actually a sign of misconfigured collision or materials of those statics (that is, it might be a fault of the statics, not the bots).

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 28-02-2016, 18:02:40 »
There are various ways to deal with this, from setting extremely high respawn times to the emplacements (this way the attackers have to destroy each gun once and it won't bother them anymore), to decreasing AI accuracy or ranges with that weapon (like it's done on PHL with the MGs), to counter-balancing the guns with bombers or artillery for the attacking team.
I will look into wether I can apply new aitemplates to the HE Ammo, scaling down the range or accuracy.
EDIT: Done. will be patched in later.

Rifles also have rather short ranges of around 250m, shorter than the fog distance on most of EF maps. And bots shooting through statics may be actually a sign of misconfigured collision or materials of those statics (that is, it might be a fault of the statics, not the bots).
Makes sense. Anyway I will check wether the AI view distance matches / is lower than the fog distance / player view distance on the maps of this pack and make sure it does / is.
« Last Edit: 28-02-2016, 18:02:13 by Darman »

Offline tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01-03-2016, 04:03:27 »
Gave Seelow Heights a few tries, and I really enjoyed the experience.  Bots seem to be working well, and I haven't come across any issues so far playing as defender each time.

For Arad, I played as Germans and although the Russians outnumbered me 2-1, they had a really hard time getting onto the island.  They wouldn't aggressively go for any other points, instead concentrating all their forces trying to take the central point.  Unfortunately, their tanks may move a bit too gingerly over the bridge to make for a dangerous advance there... it's really hard for them to be a threat at all on this map.  I wonder if it's possible to make them target other sections more heavily, if the pathing doesn't allow them to use their tanks to their full advantage at the central point?

Samm was really good, haven't tried the other two yet!
« Last Edit: 01-03-2016, 04:03:11 by tempest »

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01-03-2016, 17:03:41 »
@tempest:

On Arad, unfortunatly there are some problems that keep me from further improving the AI pathfinding around the bridges - so the current state will have to do, I'm afraid. I'll look into the priorities for the CPs to attack, usually they all have the same value but I guess I can tweak it to get better results. Haven't had such significant problems yet on Arad though, I found it to be very enjoyable with less than a 2:1 manpower difference. But I'll check it.

To clarify: Your issue here is: When the Soviets have got the East Village and the South field (they tend to capture those rather quickly), they concentrate all their efforts on the West Village?
« Last Edit: 01-03-2016, 17:03:31 by Darman »