Author Topic: Traction Wars - WW2 realistic FPS  (Read 47094 times)

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
Re: Traction Wars
« Reply #105 on: 02-04-2013, 13:04:56 »
Reloading looks too relaxed... For the shooting range the timing seems just fine but during combat i don't think he would casually change hands and then go slow for the reload...

Will traction wars be on steam?

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 02-04-2013, 13:04:25 »
Looks good, noticed the shell casings are ejected wrong but that for sure will get fixed with these advisors, right ;).

The reload indeed is slow as well, especially if the guys is laying prone you'd think he'd have easier time reloading. Looks good though when you can clearly see everything getting in place and stuff.

Gun should feel heavy though so it should be slow but the parts where he inserts the magazine in and takes like 1 second before he lets it go feels too relaxed and slow, unnecessarily so. Otherwise I like the "slowness" how the gun moves around when he reloads, feels like LMG.
« Last Edit: 02-04-2013, 13:04:46 by Paavopesusieni »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #107 on: 02-04-2013, 21:04:00 »
It's only a preview. Everything can be changed anytime. And slow? Slow is good. Rather slow than CoD reloads.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 02-04-2013, 21:04:08 »
Me gusta. Chad has created a masterpiece once again.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 02-04-2013, 22:04:10 »
It's only a preview. Everything can be changed anytime. And slow? Slow is good. Rather slow than CoD reloads.

Agreed, more realistic and slower is the way to go imo

Question: can the CE3 engine do multiple reload animations for the same weapon? (alot of work ik) but having different reloads for dry and tactical as well as for different stances, i.e. prone crouched standing. just wondering if it's possible. Animations are what makes immersion and makes a game look polished imo

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 02-04-2013, 22:04:50 »
I was not talking about CoD "Sleight of hands" speed but rather a "haste" that needs to show.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 03-04-2013, 03:04:38 »

Question: can the CE3 engine do multiple reload animations for the same weapon? (alot of work ik) but having different reloads for dry and tactical as well as for different stances, i.e. prone crouched standing. just wondering if it's possible. Animations are what makes immersion and makes a game look polished imo

Yes, we have animations in work for differences between a loaded and unloaded firearm.  Unsure if we can work it for rifles (ie, to make it load a certain number of loose rounds to top off a mag, or reload only 1 stripper clip after firing 5 rounds out of an enfield), but we def are doing different animations for a bren that has fired 30 rounds, and a bren that has fired 29 round.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 03-04-2013, 04:04:49 »
Thats awesome Von Mudra.

I'll flip out in sheer excitement if you can implement that sort of variability with the rifles.

Wow. I really can't wait for TW.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 03-04-2013, 04:04:03 »

Yes, we have animations in work for differences between a loaded and unloaded firearm.  Unsure if we can work it for rifles (ie, to make it load a certain number of loose rounds to top off a mag, or reload only 1 stripper clip after firing 5 rounds out of an enfield), but we def are doing different animations for a bren that has fired 30 rounds, and a bren that has fired 29 round.

That alone is wonderful news. I'm very much looking forward to this game, great work so far.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 03-04-2013, 11:04:19 »

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 03-04-2013, 11:04:26 »
jaja stealing FH2 Devs, that is why you People don´t get News anymore!  ;)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 03-04-2013, 17:04:11 »
In fact, in rewatching the vid I noticed that yes, that vid does preview an alternate reload, at 40 seconds or so, of a mid-clip reload ;)

As for speed, nothing is finalized yet, but we do want to give the sense that you are also shoving in and taking out magazines from the ammo pouch.  Though I could def see where he maybe should try to move a bit faster.  I'll talk to Chad and see what we can do ;)

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 03-04-2013, 18:04:32 »
Isn't it possible to convert the FH2 animations to CryEngine? I've seen BF2 animations converted to Unreal too for example, so I figure it's possible? Looks really good in Unreal anyway.

If possible, it might be a great start for many weapons - and from there, move forward.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #118 on: 04-04-2013, 09:04:15 »
jaja stealing FH2 Devs, that is why you People don´t get News anymore!  ;)
So.. Kratzer.. You like making models and textures, yes?.. Follow me and sniff this rag of chloroform.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 04-04-2013, 16:04:17 »
I personally believe that the animations are good in terms of speed, it should take that long to reload a machine gun for balance and realism reasons, but I do think that the reload is too smooth. For instance, in real life, when the player gets the magazine out of the pouch, he will raise it as quickly as possible. This can be balanced by increasing the amount of time for the player to both get the magazine out of the pouch, and load it correctly (it is in the heat of battle after all and there is a sense of urgency, people can fumble about under pressure).