Author Topic: Please make Giarabub 16 back the way it was in 2.4 and earlier versions.  (Read 2434 times)

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
@sheik: Are there many complaints about Gazala 16? That one at least was already a fight over a single flag so they they didn't have to change the flag layout at all to convert that into a KOTH mode map. I played Gazala 16 just last night and found it as fun as it ever was. Not at all like bub 16, where to convert it into a KOTH they had to reduce it from two to one cappable flag which totally messed it up.

Totally agree.  Gazala 16 was already a kind of KOTH map before the mode existed.  The new version work very well and is a lot of fun.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
I gotta say, as a long time player and fan of the WOLF/ WAW thursdays. I can reiterate that this map was a wonderful map to play and should be changed back to the way it was. Even if you want to keep the koth mode at least put the 16 player map back in some layer or form because its a shame to loose something that's helping to keep the NA player base alive.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
 Tunis 16 has spawn issues.

Keren & Vosseneck 16 is fun.

Girabub 16 is worse.

Sidi Rezegh 16 needs axis pushed back to hangar. They are too close and Brits have a very hard time getting to flags.

8)

Offline Professor Anthrax

• View Profile
So...What do you say devs? Any chance we'll see good 'old' bub 16 back in FH 2.5? Well over a dozen responses with not a single one preferring the new version. The number of responses becomes all the more impressive when you realize that this size of this map was mainly played just in the US where the player base is relatively small. And the most awesome thing about this suggestion is that it doesn't take any new work from you already hard working devs since the old version must still exist from 2.4 on one of your hard drives  ;D

Offline Professor Anthrax

• View Profile
Woohoo! I am happy for any part this thread may have played in what gavrant has reported over at the map feedback section of the forum thread for Giarabub 16:

"Giarabub reverted to its former pre-2.45 glory without King of the Hill mode."

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=69.0

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Guys, one huge request: please post (double?) feedback on any specific map in the corresponding map feedback thread here. It's impossible to scan all the forum for reported issues. For example, I would not know about the spawning issue on Tunis 16 if Lighting would not described it on the internal forum. Also, please don't be discouraged if you don't get an immediate response on your feedback, this doesn't mean that it is ignored by map maintainers.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Woohoo! I am happy for any part this thread may have played in what gavrant has reported over at the map feedback section of the forum thread for Giarabub 16:

"Giarabub reverted to its former pre-2.45 glory without King of the Hill mode."

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=69.0

Huzzah!  Victory is ours!

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
This showed me immediately that FH2 was back on the right track again. +100 team points to all involved in making this happen again.

You cannot underestimate the need for small maps in this game, where for anyone in the far western hemisphere we only have 10-30 players to work with on most nights (if we're lucky). And this has been the case for 5 years.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Now I feel kind of bad that we didn't include a new 16p layer in 2.46. So I made this:

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
NICE! :D Although I'm not always a fan of KotH. The fact that Omaha can have a proper 16 layer for us Thursday-Nighters is great news 8) 

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
Right on. I don't want to clog up this thread with this but, yeah we need 16 and 32's of every map (every new one anyway).

We've been at this a long time, and even the european crowd needs the maps, just not as desperately.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
Should've centered the fighting area around the town tbh.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Should've centered the fighting area around the town tbh.

Agreed. Smaller layers should always try to cover the less played parts of the maps. Like it's on PHL or Keren...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...