Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 17th of September  (Read 21026 times)

Offline Bravo3945

• View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope News Update: 17th of September
« Reply #60 on: 18-09-2010, 07:09:41 »
These will be fun to test on bots! :D

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 18-09-2010, 08:09:28 »
Nice update!

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 18-09-2010, 09:09:47 »
there will be new Mg42 system :D look at the first pic. there it says : deployed, like at BAR / FG42
hrhr - looking forward to a new way of Mgs - i dont like the "lying down effect"

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 18-09-2010, 09:09:48 »
The new knives look very cool.

there will be new Mg42 system :D look at the first pic. there it says : deployed, like at BAR / FG42
hrhr - looking forward to a new way of Mgs - i dont like the "lying down effect"
Good catch. Or is that pic from some personal mod?

Also in the next patch will be the new knife system designed by Kev4000
If the knife system is new, then it can't be just about hitting the enemy more easily. Otherwise it would just be an improved knife system and not new, so there has to be some new features. Throwable knives? Cool new animations? Feel free to speculate.

And now that we're talking about melee weapons, once we get Finns into the mod we need some cool new weaponry, like crowbars, axes, logs and...bears...or something.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 18-09-2010, 09:09:30 »
i want an arrowbow for brits - there was a crazzy soldier killing Germans with that -

FH -goes medieval xD

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 18-09-2010, 09:09:35 »
Why do you think that picture is from an official FH2 build? :P
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 18-09-2010, 09:09:58 »
because i want it to be off. :D

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 18-09-2010, 10:09:40 »
Prenote: I love and appreciate your work devs. Really! FH has been my favourite game since a very long time. Nevertheless I doubt that FH is following the right release strategy.

The longer we wait for 2.3, the more interesting will the change log be. After you guys showed close-ups from all three maps I really thought that it will be a question of maybe 2-3 week until the release.  ;)
I just felt that you give the players the feeling that the release is so close, just to disappoint them by letting them wait without any indication of the real release date. I'm fine with this as I understand how scarce FH's ressources are and what time is needed for every single project. But why always creating the feeling that a release is so close and wait then years just to add other tiny gimmicks to it?

Guys seriously, why not splitting up the release process up in even smaller periods?
A lot of the new things are fancy, but nothing more for many players. New offical maps that can be played are noticed by everyone. FH2 has already now such a good content. We just wan't to use this content on more maps.

Straight example: I don't care about Knives. I've been playing FH since 2003 or 2004 (haha too long to remember) as a regular and addict. In FH2 kives are (maybe now "were") rubbish. Nevertheless: Just another little gimmick which will not change the game or push it forward that much that it's worth to wait wait wait wait...

Offline kukstaur

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 18-09-2010, 10:09:20 »
Finally I will have my revenge on that dude who mortar'd me last round. I will use the trusty trench-knife !

Offline Sgt. Powderhound

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 18-09-2010, 10:09:55 »
Can the trench knife be used as a knuckle duster? :D

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 18-09-2010, 11:09:12 »
 :'( Yeah I thought the patch was released but alas another update is always welcome... :)..Hmmm new system...maybe we can now jab and swing the knife! Nice update Devs!

Priestdk

« Reply #71 on: 18-09-2010, 11:09:54 »
Nice update as usaly;-)

I would like to point out to those not sure about joining the tournament, its absolutly amazing and awesome plain and simple doo it you wount ever experience enything like that elsewere, its worth it i whas ones in the tournament myself som time back now and belive me its just plain amazing. doo it you wount regreat it.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 18-09-2010, 12:09:59 »
Prenote: I love and appreciate your work devs. Really! FH has been my favourite game since a very long time. Nevertheless I doubt that FH is following the right release strategy.

The longer we wait for 2.3, the more interesting will the change log be. After you guys showed close-ups from all three maps I really thought that it will be a question of maybe 2-3 week until the release.  ;)
I just felt that you give the players the feeling that the release is so close, just to disappoint them by letting them wait without any indication of the real release date. I'm fine with this as I understand how scarce FH's ressources are and what time is needed for every single project. But why always creating the feeling that a release is so close and wait then years just to add other tiny gimmicks to it?

Guys seriously, why not splitting up the release process up in even smaller periods?
A lot of the new things are fancy, but nothing more for many players. New offical maps that can be played are noticed by everyone. FH2 has already now such a good content. We just wan't to use this content on more maps.

Straight example: I don't care about Knives. I've been playing FH since 2003 or 2004 (haha too long to remember) as a regular and addict. In FH2 kives are (maybe now "were") rubbish. Nevertheless: Just another little gimmick which will not change the game or push it forward that much that it's worth to wait wait wait wait...

release was not delayed for the knives ;) these were in for a long time. Thing is we test for bugs very thoroughly and when something turns up it might take a while to fix and retest. So instead of leaving everyone in the dark, azreal posted this small news update of... well... slightly inconsequential content, so you had something to look at. 2.3 is right on track though ;)

Offline Roden

• Make war not love
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 18-09-2010, 13:09:05 »
Nice update ofcourse it can be far now

better watch my back more now...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 18-09-2010, 13:09:56 »
I do get people's frustration about the release period. For the last few weeks, I felt that most were going through the motion tbh.

But personally, I think we are forgetting that its that excellent standard that makes this mod great - and its development time has been drastically shortened

Back in the days of 2.2, a release came out aproximately every 11 to 13months.

Now its aprox. every 3months! Shortening it further is like asking the devs to release after each new vehicle or bug-fix, if even that.

Lets appreciate the work the devs are doing here.

A more efficient knife system may seem trite for its own update, but its the little good things are what make FH2 so professional