Author Topic: About P51DRockets  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
Re: About P51DRockets
« Reply #15 on: 19-07-2010, 21:07:42 »
Here are the fixed Typhoon, P-51 and P-47 files. Don't have time to post any more, but I'll try and get another version of the AI minimod (including the plane rocket fixes) up soon.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19-07-2010, 21:07:13 »
Here are the fixed Typhoon, P-51 and P-47 files. Don't have time to post any more, but I'll try and get another version of the AI minimod (including the plane rocket fixes) up soon.

EDIT: Where do I plug these? I put them in both the your tweak zip and the Vehicle server zip once the former plan had failed and didn't get them firing...

Have you seen my post from Clivewil on how to get the Stukas to fly higher and hence dive steeper, with less 'speed-sensitive' divehorns? Also have answers to how to make plane mgs more deadly... specifically useful for American planes.

« Last Edit: 20-07-2010, 04:07:02 by djinn »

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20-07-2010, 10:07:31 »
Not sure what I was thinking  ::) the previously posted file didn't include the weapon projectile files, which are the most important part of the fix.
Here's an updated zip which should work (BTW, the "vehicles" folder in the zip should be added to aitweakvehicles.zip and the "weapons" folder to aitweakweapons.zip)

I'll take a look at Clivewil's post later.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20-07-2010, 11:07:39 »
Thanks Drawde  :)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21-07-2010, 00:07:46 »
Rockets work great... Remick, you might want to look at air navmesh for this map though, 2/3 chance, the planes fly and turn sharply right and keep going till they are killed for going off-map. So its actually rare to have them fly into the frey...

But when they do spring into action, their rockets are a sight for sore eyes... and deadly accurate. I think we finally found the balance for this map... And with howitzers (Using my NA ones), bomb-dropping FW190s and nebelwerfer reaching as far as the frontline spawn point, this map has grown to be quite epic :-)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21-07-2010, 11:07:29 »
...Remick, you might want to look at air navmesh for this map though, 2/3 chance, the planes fly and turn sharply right and keep going till they are killed for going off-map. So its actually rare to have them fly into the frey... ...
AFAIK there is no "air navmesh". The bot pilots work off the AerialHeightMap.

And this annoying crap plagued me while I was mucking around trying different ROF values, etc, for the Typhoon.

I figured it was just the screwball stock-AI because I wasn't using the minimod at the time.

Guess not... :-\

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23-07-2010, 22:07:15 »
I just played a full game on Totalise for the first time since fixing the plane rockets, and now properly appreciate how much the rocket-firing Typhoons change the balance of the map  :o  Before, the Canadians had trouble even capturing the windmill CP and rarely got far past the bridge; the 88s massacre Allied armour and even when they're eventually taken out, the German tank counter-attack manages to prevent the Allies getting far.

Now, the Typhoons simply pulverise anything that moves with their rockets (which can take out an 88 or other AT gun with a near-miss) - the Allies overran all the capturable German CPs within the first 10 minutes, and most of the counter-attacking German tanks got taken out with rockets before they could do much. It was only after all the Allied planes got shot down (it usually takes a while for bots to bother with using them again on Totalize, though they almost always jump into all 3 at the start of the map) that the Germans managed to make any progress.

I'm wondering if there is any way to add a "reload delay" (maybe a minute or two) after bot aircraft have fired all 8 rockets - currently they effectively have infinite rockets, which, combined with the AI's precision accuracy, seems to make rocket-armed planes very overpowered.

BTW - So far I've never see the Allied 25pdrs in action on Totalize, anyone else seen bots use these?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24-07-2010, 00:07:31 »
Yer, firing @ the stug.

Very innacurate.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24-07-2010, 07:07:54 »
...I'm wondering if there is any way to add a "reload delay" (maybe a minute or two) after bot aircraft have fired all 8 rockets...

...So far I've never see the Allied 25pdrs in action on Totalize, anyone else seen bots use these?
I think this would be the line you want (in the .tweak file)...ObjectTemplate.ammo.reloadTime 8

Not that I've noticed.

Offline zxx43

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07-08-2010, 15:08:59 »
Rockets work great... Remick, you might want to look at air navmesh for this map though, 2/3 chance, the planes fly and turn sharply right and keep going till they are killed for going off-map. So its actually rare to have them fly into the frey...

But when they do spring into action, their rockets are a sight for sore eyes... and deadly accurate. I think we finally found the balance for this map... And with howitzers (Using my NA ones), bomb-dropping FW190s and nebelwerfer reaching as far as the frontline spawn point, this map has grown to be quite epic :-)
But where are the files? In AI minimod 1.3 beta 3?
Hallo,Mein name ist zxx43.
Ich kommst aus Südchina.
Ich bin 21 jahre alt.
Ich liebe gelesen buch und spielen fussball.
Mein Deutsch ist gut nicht.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07-08-2010, 15:08:49 »
Yep. Its all in the latest patch ie 1.3beta 2

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07-08-2010, 20:08:22 »
I'll try editing the ArielHeightmap (never done it before but it seems simple enough) to see if I can stop the allied bots from flying outside the combat area and dieing after takeoff, which I do find really annoying.

I have seem bots manning the 25pdrs but have not seen them fire at anything. But it could have just been a fluke.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07-08-2010, 22:08:44 »
They fire at the stug but with beacoup deviation

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07-08-2010, 23:08:15 »
Well editing the ArielHeightmap didn't seem to work. Could have done it wrong, but the problem occurs when the planes leave the map entirely, and I can't really edit the heightmap beyond the dimensions of the map itself. Adding to the dimensions of the heightmap file may result in the map shrinking the dimensions back to the size it needs, or worse. So, I'm just going to move the start position of the allied planes so they aren't taking off face the edge of the map. Was trying to avoid doing this, but the planes are too important to the allied assault to let them repeatedly spawn and die.

edit:
Djinn are you useing the 25pdr_AI or the 25pdr_mkiv_AI?
« Last Edit: 08-08-2010, 00:08:11 by Remick04 »

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08-08-2010, 05:08:04 »
Well editing the ArielHeightmap didn't seem to work. Could have done it wrong, but the problem occurs when the planes leave the map entirely, and I can't really edit the heightmap beyond the dimensions of the map itself. Adding to the dimensions of the heightmap file may result in the map shrinking the dimensions back to the size it needs, or worse.

The main use of the aerial heightmap is to allow bots to fly above any buildings
Also bots dont get punished for flying outside the combat area,which works in the sky as it does on land for humans,if bots continually fly ouside the combat area,you can remove the combat area,so humans can chase them