Author Topic: Speed back the trucks!  (Read 3407 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: Speed back the trucks!
« Reply #45 on: 14-09-2009, 13:09:15 »
Havoc, you have to realize that some people will raise the sensitivity of their mouse to get tank turrets to turn faster than they should.  Some higher end mice even have special buttons on them that instantly change the sensitivity.  There is nothing the Devs can do to prevent this, it's just a by-product of the game being on the PC.  Learn to live with it, or buy a better mouse with insta-change sensitivity to compete with these people.

Also, unless you were lagging or got killed by a different Tiger than you were paying attention to, the Tiger should not be able to hit you if his turret is turned the other way.  Something seems fishy about what happened there, but the turret speed on the tanks seems fine as it is right now.
Ooh, you solve another case for me! Some days ago I was looking at a Tiger and it turret moved as fast as a Shermans one, I thought I was daydreaming but your theory about mouse sensitivity explains everything.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 14-09-2009, 13:09:47 »
ya i know, i think in Red Orchestra (Darkest Hour) when your a tank commander you have binoculars at your disposal while you can look for targets from the turret which is pretty realistic...and about my cromewell/tiger engagement it did come up on the kills saying i was killed by a tiger and im pretty sure i wasnt killed by another tiger cos this was on operation totalize the canadian map...because i looked around for other enemy tanks, which there wasn't any so i went to flank the tiger, but it killed me without moving its turret all the way round to fire at me, unless he hit me with a lucky shot from the rear...
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 14-09-2009, 18:09:57 »
you have binocs in RO vanilla aswell