Author Topic: Speed back the trucks!  (Read 3415 times)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Speed back the trucks!
« Reply #15 on: 08-09-2009, 13:09:16 »
The jeeps haven't had any horns since even before 2.15.

Need some sleep sheik? You've been playing to much!  Since you are throwing around with words like stupid and co.? ;)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08-09-2009, 21:09:41 »
the jeeps I driven in-game haven't had a horn sound. it's harder to get ppl's attention to give them a ride if they can't be given an audible cue.

edit: are u sure Ionizer? I could have sworn I have leaned on the Willys horn. IRL it has a horn anyways, it's got quite a sharp sound to it that is very distinctive.

Maybe you confused it with the Chevy? That one had a horn ingame in 2,15.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08-09-2009, 21:09:27 »
Chevy had a horn since 2.0 afaik. I bet a beep can be added to the jeep np if its what you desire.  ;)

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09-09-2009, 00:09:23 »
What bugs me the most is not the speed of vehicles, but how slow they turn, the M3A1 Halftrack is the perfect example.
Okay, they might not have been great at turning IRL, but come on...
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09-09-2009, 04:09:38 »
Sherman needs a bit of a speed boost IMO jsut a tad
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09-09-2009, 19:09:25 »
I'd say this is the end of the AT Kübelwagen.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09-09-2009, 19:09:09 »
Thanks Gods

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09-09-2009, 21:09:39 »
I don't regret either.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10-09-2009, 00:09:51 »
Well, AT jeeps were fun. I'll kinda miss them.

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10-09-2009, 12:09:26 »
In all honest, i think that players should use lorries and jeeps to transport troops to a friendly flag or at least close to one aslong as you know what your doing, but nobody in their right minds would drive a jeep or lorry/Truck in full plain view of an enemy tank or Anti-tank gun!, especially across a field where the enemy has a good killing field...i'd place a truck or transport in a woodland area at least your not spotted by enemy planes and also semi-camouflaged from enemy tanks and if you are spotted you can use the terrain to your advantage, especially useful for anti-tank infantry!.

We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10-09-2009, 13:09:59 »
The jeep charges and AT-driving were fun, but required quite a suspension of disbelief.

While a jeep or Kübel might have been (and still be) able to drive so fast on a paved (or sufficiently flat unpaved) road, doing that cross-country or in sand was not realistic by any stretch of imagination. Not to mention that in real life, nobody (outside Japan :p) would have been suicidal enough to pull stunts like that.

APC's were invented for a reason, namely that "soft" vehicles tended to die horribly when they reached the battlefield, so this is one more change that makes the game more realistic. I think that the new speed for wheeled vehicles is fine. It's still much faster than walking/running, but requires you to either bail out early and charge on foot, or take a detour away from known enemy positions.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10-09-2009, 18:09:54 »
Guys, try the halftracks. The speed has been increased, they are really agile now and the mg is accurate as hell. Forget the trucks, the mechanized future is finally here.

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10-09-2009, 20:09:34 »
Only problem with apcs is though, they are still vulnerable to anti-gun fire and tanks etc. so my suggestion is, use them to get as close to a flag as possible, just make sure no anti-tank stuff is around though :/ (goodwood isn't a good place to use APCS since goodwood is basically alot of fields)
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11-09-2009, 09:09:12 »
Only problem with apcs is though, they are still vulnerable to anti-gun fire and tanks etc. so my suggestion is, use them to get as close to a flag as possible, just make sure no anti-tank stuff is around though :/ (goodwood isn't a good place to use APCS since goodwood is basically alot of fields)
Playing as Germans in Goodwood it's funny to watch how many times the Brits charge from the Prior (sp?) towards Cagny in their halftracks, only to be eaten alive by the twin 88's... even though they must know that the guns are there. ;D

Playing as the Brits you curse the halftrack driver and tell him to take a detour "just in case", but he does not listen. >:(

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #29 on: 11-09-2009, 09:09:18 »
I think the current speed is good as it is, both when it comes to trucks and jeeps

Looks so much better now instead of the Schumacher trucks & jeeps we have had before

And they are still a better alternative then walking, win x 2