Author Topic: Bugged and unbalanced hits on tanks  (Read 6449 times)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
Re: Bugged and unbalanced hits on tanks
« Reply #30 on: 08-07-2012, 00:07:19 »
I gotta be honest, I don't really mind bugging tank hits so much. 9 times out of 10 your shot will go in fine and while it's hardly realistic to have some shots just randomly not do damage it does add a variable to the otherwise slightly stale 'whoever sees the other person first' routine of tank combat on most maps. The way in which tank battles are a little crazier is not realistic but the fact that it's not just 1-shot kills every single time is refreshing to me, in a way.

And this is coming from someone who mans a PaK 40 on Supercharge every round of that map and has watched sadly whilst many a round bounce off a Crusader for no apparent reason.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08-07-2012, 03:07:53 »
The problem I have with these bugs is the lag of feedback of the game. If I spotted a tank and try to flank him to get a better angle and then the shot just bounces off when it should hit with 100% - I just feel frustration. You achieved something by using your brain and making a tactical movement - but your success on the end will just be a matter of luck and not skill.

Most important problem with these bug/lucky shots is, that they can decide a whole battle or impotant situations of a battle - and that is something I want to have in my own hands and not let a dice rolling.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08-07-2012, 13:07:19 »
I gotta be honest, I don't really mind bugging tank hits so much. 9 times out of 10 your shot will go in fine and while it's hardly realistic to have some shots just randomly not do damage it does add a variable to the otherwise slightly stale 'whoever sees the other person first' routine of tank combat on most maps. The way in which tank battles are a little crazier is not realistic but the fact that it's not just 1-shot kills every single time is refreshing to me, in a way.

The problem is not that some shots dont kill in the first place, but that there are certain vehicles which have a much higher percentage of not being knocked out when they should be.
If you want to have a kind of random effect it should be implemented on all vehicles, also in this case you would need a very low possibility to damage heavier tanks you usually cant damage.

Right now some vehicles just have a favor because of bugs which might seem as a general randomness, but its not. If a random factor is needed it should be really implemented and not appear as bug.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09-07-2012, 08:07:43 »
So the question here then boils down to: a) keep the angle-mod or b) remove it for the sake of the return of one shot tank kills.

Or are you able to compile a list with the 'bugged' tanks?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09-07-2012, 10:07:16 »
Did you read the first post?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09-07-2012, 10:07:59 »
Sure, but perhaps the list has grown since then.
So go ahead please.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09-07-2012, 17:07:19 »
No new vehicles have come to my list, the only thing that has changed is about the chaffee. It seems my Panzerfaust shots get through it alright. About the M4A1 Sherman though its still the same when fightung it with a Faust.

I think the Panzerfaust 30 should get a damage boost to equal to the Panzerfaust 60. The Panzerfaust 30 doesnt one-shot Shermans to the front which it should because of its penetration.
Though it might be about the Shermans, because when fighting with a Panzerfaust 60 you are mostly facing M4A3 (welded hull), whereas with a Panzerfaust 30 you are mostly facing M4A1 Shermans (casted hull). Dont know if you can penetrate a M4A1 Sherman with a Panzerfaust 60 frontally.
In either way all Pnazerfaust should be able to kill a Sherman to the front with oneshot, exept the Jumbos and the ones with aditional armor (like tracks attatched).

The Tank vs. Tank list stayed the same:
Cromwell
Crusader (late version with 6pdr)

Normandy Marder
Africa Marder
(both have issues with upper superstructure)

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09-07-2012, 18:07:41 »
Pzfausts are affected by the wonky penetration/damage values, shot it at a Greyhound, hit it in the turret, didn't kill it. Had to finish it with a zooka. Minutes earlier I had destroyed an M4A1(76)W by shooting its hull from 1 or 2 o'clock.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline dead_man1876

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09-07-2012, 18:07:50 »
It's not crazy chicken aka moorhuhn, you know.
« Last Edit: 09-07-2012, 18:07:59 by dead_man1876 »

Offline kaminikaze

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17-07-2012, 12:07:31 »
I find that the Sherman II Late (with the yellow square painted on it) often bounces off Fausts. frustration !
shoot on sight :

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #40 on: 17-07-2012, 13:07:49 »
On Lebisey, I stood near the trenches of "East AT Positions" when a Sherman drove down the hill from the north. I needed 4 (!) shots with the 88mm of the Tiger to the side (!) to kill it. I mean, sloped/angled armour okay, but there are limits...

On the same map, I shot a sherman on its rear left side (last 3rd of the chassis) with a Panzerschreck and it only burned. There were no applied tracks that could have made the projectile "bounce" off. Is this weakening of the Panzerschreck not a little too much?
« Last Edit: 17-07-2012, 13:07:12 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17-07-2012, 15:07:35 »
On the same map, I shot a sherman on its rear left side (last 3rd of the chassis) with a Panzerschreck and it only burned. There were no applied tracks that could have made the projectile "bounce" off. Is this weakening of the Panzerschreck not a little too much?

Yep, yep the whole hipe around the Panzerschrekc in this forum isnt really represented in the game. At least in 2.4 you couldnt kill a Sherman to the front and those icidents you describe make it even worse. I guess it hasnt been changed much in 2.45.
Right now I would always chose a Panzerfaust 60 over a Schreck not even speaking about the Pnazerfaust 100.

Offline dead_man1876

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 26-07-2012, 09:07:52 »
I played on WaW with high ping (around 180ms) and noticed that some shots get lost on the way from Europe to America. It is frustrating but it could be an explanation why sometimes the hits do not count. Only things that can be reproduced should be tanken into account. Things that happen accidentally or from time to time may have other causes than a software bug. So if something strange happens to you in game try to reproduce it by testing on an empty map. If it still happens then it may be a bug if not it may have something to do with the online connection.

A week ago somebody tried to kill my sherman iv shooting faust at front armor and after 2 shots i had only 1 red bar. I hope he won't complain here that he didn't manage to kill my tank.

Question about Panzer V: Why is his rear armor so thick that it cannot be penetrated by 75mm APCBC? Is there no weak spot at his rear? If not why?
I played Sidi Bou Zid with a 100ms ping and fired twice at the tigers back from about 250 m and he didn't bother because he didn't receive any damage. I could see the impact dot between the two tubes at his back and the tiger shaking each time.
I found this wikipedia quote, but I don't know if it is correct:
"The British 17-pounder as used on the Sherman Firefly, firing its normal APCBC ammunition, could penetrate the front out to 1000 m." here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_I#Gun_and_armour_performance