Author Topic: Forgotten Honor Tournament -= Free for all to join =-  (Read 14991 times)

Offline gamer123Fin

• View Profile
Re: Forgotten Honor Tournament -= Free for all to join =-
« Reply #15 on: 15-06-2009, 20:06:33 »
EDIT: I joined to FHT2, but know I think that it is not for me. I think I dont want to come to "games" often, because it's a little too organized(you know it's SUMMER). I'm sorry. How can i delete my account?

what do you mean by too organized?

You don't have to delete your account, just say to your officers you can't play anymore  ;)

Okay.
I mean it's too organized, because there are games every week and when the game is, I think I dont maybe always want to come play. And I dont like so much, when I just have to listen to others orders all the time.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #16 on: 16-06-2009, 05:06:18 »
And I dont like so much, when I just have to listen to others orders all the time.

I guess this whole feeling is just alien to me.   This is the main reason I joined a clan and tourneys.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline gamer123Fin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16-06-2009, 13:06:30 »
And I dont like so much, when I just have to listen to others orders all the time.

I guess this whole feeling is just alien to me.   This is the main reason I joined a clan and tourneys.

Yea, but I dont like it.

Offline Hunti

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16-06-2009, 21:06:31 »
this tournament looks pretty good, i have just joined to Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 1. :)

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #19 on: 16-06-2009, 21:06:44 »
welcome mate, you will enjoy it  ;) Don't hesitate to ask if you have any question

Lol Lainer, I joined because I like to play organized, not for the orders.. And organized means to try to simulate battles as real as possible, with good custom maps, ranks, medals and so. You know, to feel like you were there :-[

Offline Hunti

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17-06-2009, 16:06:13 »
dude, i read after this tournament, and as i know there is no time limit on maps, and player changes are only available after 1 round ends. but there is no info about that, how many rounds are at once?
We will play from 20:00 BST to 03:00, without any pauses, the same map?

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #21 on: 17-06-2009, 19:06:25 »
6h gameplay. You play when you want as much as you want. Well, it's not like that because we use to have more people than what BF2 allows us to have (64+). This means we have waiting rooms, so people who attended training may have priority to start. Also for those who arrived earlier. If your regiment's slots are full and you joined later, just say hello to your officers and stay at waiting room until the end of the round. Usually it's 6-9 rounds.

We play 6h long to let american players join, and also to be less strict with timings, pherhaps one wants to play from 21 GMT to 23 GMT only.
« Last Edit: 17-06-2009, 19:06:14 by samnadine »

Offline gamer123Fin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17-06-2009, 19:06:29 »

organized means to try to simulate battles as real as possible, with good custom maps, ranks, medals and so. You know, to feel like you were there :-[

Organized means to try to simulate battles?
Well, I ment by organized that there are every week games in the same time(I am not good to explain this in English).

« Last Edit: 17-06-2009, 19:06:06 by gamer123Fin »

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #23 on: 18-06-2009, 00:06:12 »
yes, historically if possible. This means a command structure, you earn ranks and medals (if you are good you lead, no noobs leading, strong leadership values required), your battle unit (usually a regiment) has vehicles assigned strategically, etc.

We play Friday battles but this doesnt mean you have to attend them all. Just say when you can or not in forums and this is everything what it's required to do. Nothing more. And you don't have to play all 6h either, as much as you want. Besides Thursday there's a training, if you attend you will have priority to start playing the first round, actually it's recommended to attend (100% custom maps, to be prepared)

Offline gamer123Fin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20-06-2009, 18:06:59 »
yes, historically if possible. This means a command structure, you earn ranks and medals (if you are good you lead, no noobs leading, strong leadership values required), your battle unit (usually a regiment) has vehicles assigned strategically, etc.

We play Friday battles but this doesnt mean you have to attend them all. Just say when you can or not in forums and this is everything what it's required to do. Nothing more. And you don't have to play all 6h either, as much as you want. Besides Thursday there's a training, if you attend you will have priority to start playing the first round, actually it's recommended to attend (100% custom maps, to be prepared)

Yea, okay. But I think I just dont want to be in this(now, MAYBE someday I want). Sorry.

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #25 on: 21-06-2009, 01:06:04 »
No problem mate, you don't have to apologize lol  ;)

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #26 on: 21-06-2009, 18:06:27 »

[Register for our campaigns at www.forgottenhonor.com

Week 6 and 7

History

Operation Avalanche, Battle 6

Operation Avalanche was the code name for the Salerno Landings. For the British they had two main divisions involved, the 46th and 56th Infantry Divisions. Like the Americans they found themselves under heavy attack as soon as they landed German defences were on high alert. At 03.40, elements of the 56th landed on their target beaches, there was no resistance and they managed to quickly occupy a stretch of sand dunes and the costal road. It was then discovered that they had been landed too far south by 1500meters. They were then engaged by artillery fire and German patrols from the north that had come to investigate. Both divisions managed to fight their way thought and began to push deeper inland.

The Queen's Brigade from the 56th division had been given the Montecorvino airfield as their objective. They attacked and secured the airfield which lay close to highway 18 with the help of 2 Sherman tanks and 25pounder guns. German planes were shot down as they tried to get airborne. The Germans counter attacked from hill 210 and the highway embankment and held the airfield for the rest of the day leaving the British left flank exposed. The British eventually recaptured the airfield with further support from the 3rd Battalion Coldstream Guards but still faced stiff resistance from the hills overlooking the Airfield.

The tobacco factory (actually a tomato processing warehouse) was a strongly defended structure on a hilltop position. On September 10th an unsuccessful attempt to capture the factory was made by the Guards Brigade of the 56th division. Another attack (with no armoured support) was made that night across 300meters of open ground which was well lit. The attack failed and only around a dozen men survived. The decision was made to shorten the front line and the British withdrew from the factory area on September 12th, leaving it for the Americans.

By now the German counter attacks were underway which were focused in the American sector. It was not until the 18th of September that the advance was renewed.

Monte la Difensa, Battle 7

By November 1943, the Allied forces were facing of against the Winter Line. The Winter Line was the name given to the German defence line south of Cassino. It was decided that the first main attack against the line would be targeted at the mountain peaks of the Camino Hills, codenamed Operation Raincoat. The largest and most important was Mount Camino itself which had a monastery on top. To the north was Mount la Difensa and Mount la Remetanea, both of which were crucial to take to allow Allied forces to advance towards Cassino

The plan was for the British 46th Division to launch a diversionary attack to the south on the 1st of December. The British 56th Division will then launch an attack on Mount Camino on the 2nd of December. If this attack succeeded then the flank would be cleared for the II corps consisting of American and Canadian Special Forces units to launch an attack on Mount la Difensa and Mount la Remetanea. This final attack was launched on the 3rd of December. This section of the line was defended by the German 15th Panzergrenadier regiment, with the 3rd Panzergrenadier and Herman Goering Panzer divisions in reserve close-by.

On the 2nd of December a huge artillery bombardment signalled the start of the main attack against the ridgeline. The British attack against Mount Camino faltered under heavy attack but the Special forces units managed to take their objectives. Their attack involved climbing up the cliffs to take the German by surprise and soon both Mount la Difensa and Mount la Remetanea were in Allied hands. Now things began to go wrong for the Allies. The German Panzergrenadiers were masters in counterattack and retook Mount la Remetanea. The failure of the British to take Mount Camino left the Special Forces units with an exposed flank and they were forced onto the defensive.

On the 6th of December the British finally took Mount Camino and the Special Forces units managed to retake Mount la Remetanea on the 8th of December. Despite the delays, Operation Raincoat was considered a success with the successful capture of the Camino ridgeline. All that was left now was to take the town of San Peitro and open up the road to Rome…..   

Forgotten Honor Minimod

More content for FH2

Natty was one of our top mappers, a creative guy with initiative. He joined our team in FH1, where he made many maps, starting also the guidelines for new mappers. 'Thermopyles' map was designed by him for campaign 3 FH2. Now he is an official FH2 mapper.

Q: What part of mapping do find most complicated?
A: To merge realism and historical accuracy with good gameplay. Often WW2 battles are fought in terrain and environment's that is in extreme disadvantage for one team. It requires map-specific tweaks and objects for almost all maps, especially in Normandy which is a theatre that is all about an Invasion.
- Natty

These buildings were designed by [F|H]Herc and the vehicle skin by [F|H]Uffeh.

FHT Battle 6

Operation Avalanche by [F|H]WuWu84

Avalanche in colour!

Youtube link (watch it in HQ!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45RUAe5-21A

FHT Battle 7

Monte la Difensa by [F|H]eLander!

Monte la Difensa in colour!

Youtube link (watch it in HQ!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khZA1wRxYHU

The story of a community

Forgotten Honor F|H History

Forgotten Honor is an international online community of players, created by players, run by players and maintained by players. Founded in 2004, its player base has been growing year by year as result of our dedication on offering unique game experiences.

The main purpose of Forgotten Honor is to provide Forgotten Hope Mod (for Battlefield 1942) and Forgotten Hope 2 Mod (for Battlefield 2) players  an organized tournament campaign style of playing. However, in these past years, Forgotten Honor provided also campaigns for other games like Day of Defeat (currently we have an open campaign for it), Project Reality Mod, Eve of Destruction Mod and Hearts of Iron 2.

But more than that, we are a huge community with members from all over the world, who find here a place to , most than all things, HAVE FUN!

Forgotten Honor disposes of it's own Website, several game servers, Teamspeak servers and a special atmosphere created by a very active and friendly community.

"We are a community made for the players and by the players. We exist for fun, for freedom of speech and the crazy team speak hours and conversations. Overall we are one big family and every member of the Forgotten Honor has his place in that family. That means we will be there for you, on-line but also in RL if we must. In the community there is no such thing as a pecking order based on longevity. It does not matter what your past is, we only care about now and the future. We look for the individuals that want to help Forgotten Honor grow. "

You can find more information about Forgotten Honor history here:

Click here to read F|H History

Day of Defeat:Source Campaign

Italy: Sorming the Boot

Forgotten Honor also produces campaigns in Day of Defeat: Source.  After a successful first DoD:S campaign, registration is now open for the second.  You can join the allies and the Asian American 442nd Regimental Combat Team or the axis and Panzergrenadier Regiment 29.  Come join us for a fun filled campaign fighting through the streets of Italy.  Battles are Saturdays at 19 GMT.  Day of Defeat: Source can be purchased off Steam for $10 or 10€.

• 16v16 battles every Saturday at 19:00 GMT
  • Teamplay on the highest possible level!
  • Earn medals for your accomplishments
  • A powerful 32 Player server with friendly ping to USA and Europe

Campaign Signup in our website!

Forgotten Honor Tournament
www.forgottenhonor.com

Would you like to participate in a motivated team and write cool articles about history, battles, biographies or whatever you have in mind?
Join the Media Team

Deek_101, uberfary, dutch, Hills, phillip, RanDOOm, samnadine, spartanlegend and victorb87.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23-06-2009, 22:06:45 »
Is this thingy still going on?

Offline Wasntmenl

• FHT Mapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23-06-2009, 23:06:38 »
There have still 4 weeks of italian fighting left (So 4 battles). And the DOD campaign just started dont know how many battles that one will have.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24-06-2009, 00:06:30 »
Gah!  I just registered myself and all and then I remembered that I no longer have a microphone!