Author Topic: Ammo in FH2!  (Read 23987 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Ammo in FH2!
« on: 19-05-2009, 17:05:17 »
I want to know how you like the Supply Situation

- Playerammo-Pickupkit.
- Ammotrucks
- Commander supplies?

Is it Usefull?  What could be better?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Ammo in FH2!
« Reply #1 on: 19-05-2009, 18:05:28 »
I'd remove commander supplies (as any other commander ability and commander entire) because this makes both logistics important for the succesful attack/defense but it can also force the "campers" to leave their "camping" spots in order to re-arm their tank with HE instead of getting miraculous heaven sent packages right next to them.

Other methods of re-arming works just as intended and I personally like to pick these forms of supplying as my own role while I play. You know, resupplying my fellow anti-tank gunners, tanks, assault guns or whatever you can think of, I like driving in the munition truck or run with my ammo-kit to the guys who need supplies and then helping them out when they do the dirty work.

Offline K.Cower

• I use immersive HUD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-05-2009, 19:05:12 »
Some people, usually, use ammotrucks to trip somewhere their own asses , I've never seen they use trucks properly (resupply function).
Sinn Féin

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-05-2009, 20:05:06 »
It's good, but i think the supplytruck isn't used for the right things. Most people just take it and drive to the next flag with it, and if you need ammo nobody helps you out instead of some polite guys.

Offline verg_6

• Crusader MkIII for life (Until 2.2, that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-05-2009, 21:05:18 »
The supply-drop renders the supply trucks useless. I think it kills what could be a very important and interesting mechanic. If you're in a vital area of defense, pounding away with an artillery or AT piece, and you're running low on ammo....there's nothing quite like seeing a supply truck coming in under fire at top speed. Significance would actually be given to the supply trucks if the drop was removed. Also, the drop, along with the SL-spawn system, just seems too...BF2-ish. Way too arcady.

Offline Magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-05-2009, 22:05:23 »
I agree with Flippy Warbear, remove the commander entirely if possible. To compensate the loss of commander arty you could give sl (full squad only) the abbility to call in an arty strike (once or twice a map? just a suggestion).

To compensate the suplly drop: Give ammotrucks the abbility to repare vehicles and the driver teampoints of resupplying/reparing like FH did with spotting for arty. That will boost the proper use of supply trucks.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #6 on: 19-05-2009, 22:05:45 »
My only real gripe with the supply system is that you don't get teamwork points for it.  If you got points, it might encourage people to do it more (demonstrated perfectly by the arty system).

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-05-2009, 10:05:18 »
Yes! I agree. I am not 100% sure but iirc you get points when a Friendly Soldier sits inside. Same for the Repairing. you recieve Teamplaypoints when its inuse by a teammate.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-05-2009, 10:05:32 »
Yes you get points (at least in the internal) for supplying manned guns/vehicles.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-05-2009, 16:05:36 »
see i a betatester speaking over internal things ?

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21-05-2009, 12:05:00 »
The playerammo pickup kits proove to be useful, though not in the intended way. I like them being placed at flag spawns giving me the chance to exchange my observer kit for a wrench in order to repair static emplacements. But most guns have to much ammo and blow up too often thus they barely get empty and barely need to be refilled.

Same goes with the truck. Usefull to rearm artillery with missing shell types, though you can't leave em close to the guns, as the splash damage of the truck, blowing up while being shot or unused, can destroy the gun. If I remember right.

Commander drops require co-operation between squadleader and commander. The squadleader needs to be schooled in requesting drops properly, then you can rearm a gun properly as well. Option number 2 is to push the box with a truck to its target. Though this can end up in odd situations when you push the box with a supply truck to the target.
Accordingly the commander drops are rather useless or unused when playing in public, but I guess it is more appreciated in organized campaigns.

I'd like to see a vehicle with repair abilities. Like the repair-tiger of the panzer elite in Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts. It doesn't need to be heavy. A Sdkfz. tractor with a crane would be enough.
Currently you can do already supply missions with trucks rearming german tanks with the rare AT shells. In those cases you can drive around having a wrench ready repairing the tanks on that occasion.
Problem is just that tankers barely understand your intentions and drive off. With the short repair distance of the wrench that is all in vein then. Accordingly I'd like to have a vehicle that autorepairs vehicles nearby when both are being occupied. The distance in which vehicles can be repaired should be big enough to prevent tankers from suffering due to splash damage when the repair vehicle is being shot. Otherwise tankers would avoid a repaior vehicle anyway.

Just a thought.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21-05-2009, 14:05:20 »
But honnestly, if you remove the supplycrate from the commander, is there a point of having a commander at all??

I mean the commander post is already ... borring as fuck as it is right now. If you're going to limmit his abilities even further, you might as well remove it entirely

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21-05-2009, 14:05:28 »
well who said that we like the Commader? only because bf2 have it we must have it at all? its just there because it was. we would never add this position from our side.

Im not sure about the autorepair stuff. i Personal like the Respawn from paks and guns overall in fh42. as long as its broken you can care for other things. in fh2 you have to repair the gun. but as allways good and bad things on everything.

Offline Neri

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21-05-2009, 17:05:31 »
If you want a opinion, I think paradropped suplies should only be avaible on airborne assault maps, like Crete and Normandy airborne maps, if there is any. And off couse only for the attacking team.

They should not only heal and give ammo, but also deliver some heavy kits like bazookas, machine guns and mortars. Possibly SL should also be able to ask for an paradropped mobile AT gun.

Offline verg_6

• Crusader MkIII for life (Until 2.2, that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21-05-2009, 17:05:27 »
well who said that we like the Commader? only because bf2 have it we must have it at all? its just there because it was. we would never add this position from our side.

So it really is just a carry-over from BF2, a mechanic meant for a game with totally different pacing and structure...