Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 23th April 2009: HEAT Resistant  (Read 23970 times)

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope News Update: 23th April 2009: HEAT Resistant
« Reply #30 on: 23-04-2009, 08:04:09 »
 :o Wooooooooooooooooow Panzer4H and Lebisey as my birthday present!!!
Thank you Lightning, thank you Toddel, thank you Mr.Cheese!  :) :D ;D

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23-04-2009, 08:04:08 »

From what I understand the Dev team has been testing Normandy for so long that they have gotten bored with it and will be releasing their unwanted child to the public very soon. (before the tired suggestion of June 6 I would hope)

Ahh, so they are in the late stages of testing... I was gonna bring up the fact that they've started talking about weapons which wont be seen in the next release, which is usually a good sign. "As in, oh that'll have to wait for the next release, since this release is coming out soon."

I really liked this update, especially after the three week lull. The gun and tank look awesome, especially the tank, which I've come to view as a specialty of the FH team. not to mention the tanks ingame...wow! That shot of the Sherman through the hole in the hedgerow gave me goosebumps. :)

Very sexy boys.

Also, congrats to Herc for his addition to that sexy team of developers. XD

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23-04-2009, 10:04:30 »
Odd timing, in the middle of the night. ;)

But welcome to Herc.
The Panzer IV Ausf.  H is lovely and so is Lebisey, it's much fun to play.

Offline Hans Werner

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23-04-2009, 10:04:56 »
I have a question :

Did the Zimmerit on the Panzer IV Ausf H will be usefull for something ? Maybe stickybomb won't stick by example ? Or it's just a graphic element without any effect on gameplay ?

GJ Devs just keep going to make us dream !!!
« Last Edit: 23-04-2009, 10:04:50 by Hans Werner »

Offline bakehouse

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23-04-2009, 10:04:14 »
I have a question :

Did the Zimmerit on the Panzer IV Ausf H will be usefull for something ? Maybe stickybomb won't stick by example ? Or it's just a graphic element without any effect on gameplay ?

did u read the previous posts???? any damage that is inflicted on the side guards (e.g. bazooka hits the side guard) will not count......so it inflicts no damage therefore loses no health therefore you have to hit its hull Armour (or the main body of the tank)

i love the .30cal nice to see it has a new skin from the one currently ingame.
:) WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............its hell>>>>>>>>deal with it :)

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23-04-2009, 10:04:36 »
I have a question :

did u read the previous posts???? any damage that is inflicted on the side guards (e.g. bazooka hits the side guard) will not count......so it inflicts no damage therefore loses no health therefore you have to hit its hull Armour (or the main body of the tank)

He said "Zimmerit" not "Schürzen". ;) The zimmerit is the pattern on the main hull, which was meant to stop magnetic objects (explovives) from being stuck to the hull.

Offline bosco

• View Profile
    • Project Reality
« Reply #36 on: 23-04-2009, 11:04:35 »
Hnnnnrg, my monitor at work is too dark to fully appreciate the beauties  :-\

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 23-04-2009, 11:04:24 »
Jeezus Christ!
Awesome news! The waiting was worth it. The machine gun looks awesome and the Panzer4 with skirts is great. Hopefully they give it a small advantage in the hedgerows of Normandy. ^^
ANd thanks alot for the screenshots of Lebisey, just fantastic to see those high-quality models in game. I love the shot with the Stug. Well done! Hopefully we´ll see a relase soon, though ;)
Oh, and welcome Herc ;)
Next week update? Looks like I´ll have to find internet acces when I´m in Prague for the whole next week. And Wednesday seems to be the new update day, right?
« Last Edit: 23-04-2009, 12:04:06 by [WaW]hOMEr_jAy »
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline alburdy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 23-04-2009, 12:04:19 »
Hello guys,
first of all thank you for the great update to the devs and especially the last but one sentence has pleased me that the next week is to be expected again what.

Now a maybe unimportant question;
Does anybody know about you, what is to be seen in the third ingame-screenshot thus in the foreground?
A static object or just heightmap (to the hill pulled up)? 

P.S. grats to the new member, Herc.

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 23-04-2009, 12:04:35 »
Really nice update. Good to see Pz4 H again as it was definetly one of my favourite tanks in FH1. Ohh and I too would like to know if the Zimmerit actually works in FH2 or is it just eye candy?

And last congrats to Herc for getting into team.

@Alburdy
I think its old stone fence which is covered in leafs thanks to those trees. :D

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 23-04-2009, 12:04:39 »
Does anybody know about you, what is to be seen in the third ingame-screenshot thus in the foreground?
A static object or just heightmap (to the hill pulled up)? 
It's  a static, which is quite easy to tell from the way it looks (it looks more bright and polished/smooth then the ground). I

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 23-04-2009, 12:04:59 »
i thought everyone must have the bad dreams of being raped in Arnhem by a IVH in FH1 ... which PIATs are almost useless when you can't hit the top... and some badass even angle their tank to face some skirts at you. finally, place with no skirts can be harmed in FH2. that means hitting the lower parts of the sides could do damage now right?

it's strange, in FH1 panthers are more vulnerable to bazooka infantry because they don't have skirts in their sides, a slight flanking, fire, and it's gone, same for tigers, sometimes i laughed at people taking panthers and died while i IVH just being immune from zooks (not much people willing to shoot their zooks head on?)

btw how's the Sherman's(75mm) performance head-on with a IVH in FH2? in FH1 it's terrible.
« Last Edit: 23-04-2009, 12:04:06 by General_Henry »

Offline Magnus

• View Profile
Re: HEAT Resistant
« Reply #42 on: 23-04-2009, 12:04:29 »
Nice update.

No damage if it hits the skirt.

Does this mean it will be easier to knock-out a Panther with a bazooka/Piat from the side then a P4H?

Offline bakehouse

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 23-04-2009, 13:04:28 »
I have a question :

He said "Zimmerit" not "Schürzen". ;) The zimmerit is the pattern on the main hull, which was meant to stop magnetic objects (explovives) from being stuck to the hull.
oh ok.....................well i have learned something new today so thats good well i never new about the whole camo pattern to stop magnetic charges thing thx for the correction :)
:) WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............its hell>>>>>>>>deal with it :)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 23-04-2009, 13:04:45 »

btw how's the Sherman's(75mm) performance head-on with a IVH in FH2? in FH1 it's terrible.
I´d say it should be worse because the Shermans cannon only had a lenght of 37.5 calibre lenght, while the Panzer4H had a lenght of 48 calibre-lenght. That means that because of the longer barrel the Panzer4Hs muzzle velocity and thus the power to penetrate armour is higher.
What I asked myself is what kind of ammo types does the Sherman get? In late-war it could be logical that the Allies adapted special ammunition like the Germans did with their Panzergranate ammo...
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.