Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 10th December 2009: Planes on a Snake  (Read 28899 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Yes but bringing it up everytime while the answer is obvious and well known is useless and annoying.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
I was simply correcting Fox =/

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
And I was simply explaining their reaction  :P
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
I was simply correcting Fox =/
Good luck with that... Oh you mean Fuchs not FOX...
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Noh. He means DesertFOX. Al Jazeera.

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
Its been a well established fact on this forum that in real life, german MG troops were trained to fire the MG34 and 42 from a standing position known as the "assualt position" in controlled bursts that were accurate to about 50-70 yards or so, as a way of giving assualt cover, and using the MG as a kind of shotgun.  The problem is that in this game, you'd have people abusing it nonstop, so its not in game for that reason.

http://www.stormthewalls.kicks-ass.net/MG42/FULL/Sturmfeuer.wmv

German propaganda

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
That's our Lobo <hugs him>  so cute :3

Offline phillip

• View Profile
Ramboing with the mg42/30cal in dods was always a bit fun/silly.  But it was ridiculous so it fit more in that game.

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
It could be added in a way similar to PR's MG deployment system, where you could fire it standing up but you move very slow well doing it and have very bad recoil.

This is actually something I support adding to the Bren as well, because while it could be fired standing up I doubt it was an easy feat to do well running. The fact that you can do this in game effectively makes it into a high powered SMG at short ranges.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
What shit?  I laid it out plain and simple.  Yes in real life it happened.  No it won't be ingame because of balencing/spamming issues.  What shit?

Figure of speech, don't take it personally. I find these recurring discussions amusing.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)