Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 960 times)

Offline Not So Civil Engy

• View Profile
Suggestions
« on: 19-02-2016, 20:02:49 »
1) I see on Pointe du Hoc that the entire left cliff edge is out of bounds.  Is there a reason for this?  It seems like it would be useful to the allies to be able to move along that edge so they aren't bottle necked near the bunker.

2) This is a personal pet peeve of mine, but since in reality it is possible to clear a partially expended M1 Garand clip, how difficult would it be to add this feature?

3) You probably have heard this already, but I think Sammatus is in need of some Russian Artillery.  I don't think the Finnish even feel the pressure on that map.

Offline Yronno

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 20-02-2016, 07:02:15 »
2) This is a personal pet peeve of mine, but since in reality it is possible to clear a partially expended M1 Garand clip, how difficult would it be to add this feature?
Impossible. Weapons in Battlefield 2 and its mods can only have one reload animation. The developers opted to use the Garand's signature "ping" when empty as the one reload animation. I understand where you're coming from since some games have the option of two or more reload animations but choose to portray the Garand as unable to reload without expending all the ammunition. Call of Duty 2 was like this, but Call of Duty: World at War featured both reload animations as you mentioned.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-02-2016, 13:02:54 »
4) Is there a reason the German's don't have panzerfausts on Operation Cobra?

Offline Fox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-04-2016, 14:04:30 »
I would like to offer introduce on some large maps more armored vehicles. May it be superfluous and unnecessary. After all, who wants to play by infantry will not be in it sits. But it will give a chance to people who want to do some fighting on a technique, and not a half-game stand in waiting and when it appears on the spawn, and then competing in speed run for it. From the side it looks ridiculous and stupid at the same time.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-04-2016, 15:04:59 »
I would like to offer introduce on some large maps more armored vehicles. May it be superfluous and unnecessary. After all, who wants to play by infantry will not be in it sits. But it will give a chance to people who want to do some fighting on a technique, and not a half-game stand in waiting and when it appears on the spawn, and then competing in speed run for it. From the side it looks ridiculous and stupid at the same time.

I don't think we will see any increase in tank numbers soon.  Tanks need infantry support too, ya know!  I play almost only as infantry, so perhaps I don't empathize, but I've never understood why players bother waiting around for tanks when they could be more useful helping out elsewhere.  Here is a response from another thread with a similar request:

We have plans to include new maps that have a focus on tanks. That being said, note that FH2 is not a game like War Thunder or World of Tanks. Tanks are only one part in the combined arms concept and infantry will always be the majority of players, simply because that is how it looked in real life. Even a "tank battle" like Prokhorovka had way more infantrymen than tanks.
Increasing tank numbers to a big degree would devalue the tanks, since they would become disposable. Also, if infantry would be gone or heavily diminished, the complexity of tank gameplay would also decrease, since whole elements like HE shells, co axial machinegun, passenger seats etc would basically be made worthless. All that would be left is tank vs tank combat with the occasional plane.
Now I understand that if you enjoy tank combat a lot you might be annoyed by not having a tank always available, but that is the perspective of a player, not a developer. I am sure many players would prefer it if sniper rifles were always available to them for example, but (not even mentioning balance) their scarcity is exactly what makes them special and "cool".
Often it is the limitations that make something interesting.
« Last Edit: 26-04-2016, 15:04:34 by Captain Pyjama Shark »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27-04-2016, 02:04:06 »
I don't think we will see any increase in tank numbers soon.
This is the type of thing that should be suggested to the community mappers.  They have already released mostly plane maps. Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich.  They also released the massive naval warfare map, Midway.  If you seriously want a mostly tank map, they will probably do it.  The official devs are going to stick to their agenda.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-05-2016, 01:05:39 »
The Tannenburg Line might be a good map option for the future