Author Topic: North America: Play More!  (Read 10510 times)

Offline Vernah

• View Profile
Re: North America: Play More!
« Reply #60 on: 26-12-2010, 01:12:10 »
So umm, bump :D

Wolf has an issue with having more than 30 players and a lot of americans that do play, are playing on 762 or Hslan. Halp plix?

Offline Norman Rockwell

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 26-12-2010, 02:12:25 »
Yeah, get on Wolf and play now!

Offline HadrianBT

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 27-12-2010, 18:12:48 »
Quoting Ts4Ever on the matter of new features that make people complain:
"Of course people complain about that. Because they are fucking stupid. They click on a flag and want to spawn there at once, preferably behind the attacker who tries to cap it."

Most of you are probably too young to remember the old days where Half-Life and CS were "realistic games", Quake3 was arcade and Unreal Tournament was something in between. And trust me, there were way more people playing Quake than any other 3D shooter at some point in time. So now we have those new shooters, which are a direct analogue of Quake in those days, i.e. "kill, kill, kill, die, spawn, repeat". The only thing that is appealing about them is that they have the best graphics and are trendy at the moment. Once the graphics is getting old and the trend moves, NOBODY will play these games.

Now let's get back to Counterstrike. People still play it, they've been playing it before the CS2 came out! How many people play Quake or Unreal? You can still find a lot of people playing the original HL.

So forget about this "what can we change in FH2 to attract a bigger player base?" idea. There is nothing you can do. Young players will still play the new trendy game and the old players will stick to the older ones, which are more thought-out. And younger players want to load a game that pushes their system to the limits, since they spent all that money on their cool rig.

For me personally, the greatest advantages of FH2 (and BF2, I still play it) are the player numbers (64) and the combined arms play with tanks, arty, planes, etc, which make it highly realistic all by itself. That is, a bunch of infantries cramped into a very confined space as in Modern Warfare (1 or 2, that is irrelevant) is NOT realistic by any means.
Proud member of CWC dev team (voice-recording).
"im sorry,but you sound like an old grumpy man listening to rock music" AngryBeaver
"Some argue that the only thing in the world you cannot get used to is an icicle up yours, because it will melt" Kelmola

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 27-12-2010, 19:12:08 »
Now now, there is no way for scripted Single Player FPS games to beat realism offered by artistically crafted historical-themed multiplayer FPS mod.

Do i need to mention how awful the realism in Modern Warfare compared to lowly regarded Medal of Honor? No wonder those Youtube videos will always have comments like these "Thumbs up if you weren't brought to this video by Modern Warfare!" and gets numerous likes.

In CoD2, you see a Stuka making silly dive maneuvers outside Tunis, yet people still complained how arcadey FH2 planes are. Epicness of El-Alamein tank battle could only be re-enacted in FH2. I just can't stomach CoD's attempt at making Panzer II Ausf. F equal to Crusader Mk.III tanks.

I'm still old enough to remember when HL:CS and Quake 3 were the hip, or even when MoH:AA jump started the WW2 trend.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 27-12-2010, 19:12:02 »
Ehhh? what does those comments do here btw?
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 28-12-2010, 04:12:37 »
 The poor horse we're beating here has been dead for a long time, however as mentioned above, player's play what is new or in my opinion "HOT".

FH2 is now "HOT"

With FH2 winning the MOTY 2010, it has generated allot of free publicity and i have already seen some new NA faces on the servers asking questions..."How do I do this, where is that"?

Expierenced players should be friendly and help foster the community by showing these "New Recruits" the ropes.

We may very well see some new NA clans and/or servers pop up.

Now, if the FH2 devs release the Winter maps on the wave of this new publicity early in 2011 and a sneek peek of the Eastern Front, things should get very interesting in 2011.

8)

Offline killerbee256

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 29-12-2010, 05:12:34 »
As a North American player I got tired of FH2 because of the lack of team work & comuncation compaired to PR over all. Over all I prefer the style of FH over all, PR is pain in alot of ways. But for me PR wins out because of the better team work.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 29-12-2010, 06:12:13 »
You just don't play at the good moment or are not in the good squads. And it's not a thread of Fh2 vs PR.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 29-12-2010, 07:12:07 »
I agree to REALLY have fun in FH2 you need a nice fun squad that is mic'd up

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 29-12-2010, 07:12:20 »
I find the main difference in PR when it comes to teamwork is that in many ways, it seems more forced. As in, if you don't you can be kicked, miss huge benefits, etc. FH2 does not do this, which is a give and take in my opinion. While you still can have the teamwork, there's a "play as you like" feel unlike PR. Perhaps sometime FH2 will get more NA players, but I'm not sure how at this point, and I don't believe changing FH2 will make a difference, because that would alienate the current players.

Offline johnkeel105

• "Defend or Die"
    • View Profile
    • Defenders of Stalingrad - Holding the Line Since 2003
« Reply #70 on: 29-12-2010, 19:12:29 »
Ya know I put together a whole thread on community advertisement and it didn't seem to gather much attention. I mean I love playing with this community and the people are great, but I swear many around here want to treat FH2 as exclusive to just the little group on the forums. If the mod isn't advertised and a larger fan base isn't created. One day we will log on and no one will be there.

|DOS| would like to help with this. We will be relaunching our Forgotten Hope 2 server at some point during January. The server will be based out of Michigan, so it should be decent for those on the East and West Coast.
« Last Edit: 29-12-2010, 19:12:40 by johnkeel105 »
Defenders of Stalingrad - Holding the Line Since 2003
http://dosclan.us

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 29-12-2010, 19:12:53 »
Ya know I put together a whole thread on community advertisement and it didn't seem to gather much attention. I mean I love playing with this community and the people are great, but I swear many around here want to treat FH2 as exclusive to just the little group on the forums. If the mod isn't advertised and a larger fan base isn't created. One day we will log on and no one will be there.

|DOS| would like to help with this. We will be relaunching our Forgotten Hope 2 server at some point during January. The server will be based out of Michigan, so it should be decent for those on the East and West Coast.

This sounds awesome, and I thought the community advertisement was great I spread it around. Thanks for the work.

Offline Vernah

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 29-12-2010, 21:12:30 »

This man deserves the official seal of awesomeness.

Offline Zulnex

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 29-12-2010, 21:12:21 »

Fantastic news. Thank you very much.

Offline Tiberius Decimus Maximus

• Gentlemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 30-12-2010, 08:12:11 »
Well perhaps it's just the language barrier when I play on the Euro servers, but I hardly play at all nowadays because no one pays attention to the chat. There a single person guarding a capture point? Not important, have to mindlessly run to the capture point right in front of me and get killed a dozen times. Again, it's probably the language barrier, but it is frustrating none the less.

I'm not asking for ranks and chains of command here, I'm just asking for a little teamwork, yah know?