Author Topic: FH2 is not lacking in quality, but promotion  (Read 2950 times)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
Re: FH2 is not lacking in quality, but promotion
« Reply #30 on: 06-02-2013, 23:02:17 »
So I think most people agree with me on that FH2 certainly lacks promotion... last time I logged into the game, however, the game is full of TKers and such, I think some tutorial videos on how to identify a friendly and such is much needed.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06-02-2013, 23:02:11 »
I think some tutorial videos on how to identify a friendly and such is much needed.
I think, (as my experiance as an admin) some jerks really do not care if they teamkill someone..they "like" to break rules :P

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07-02-2013, 00:02:53 »
We have to make the comparison, especially nowadays as your WW2 mod is taking away what little playerbase we still have remaining.  Come join us on a Thursday WaW event and find out for yourself. We get dozens of people that show up and do little but espouse the greater value of PR's version of World War II.

Anyhoo, I wait patiently for the predictable dog-pile from the usual suspects.

::)

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #33 on: 07-02-2013, 01:02:38 »
Good Morning,

1. We (I speak for the admin team) try to include every new player into the game as good as possible.
We invite them on TS3, into forums, Mumble, Squads and help them with their first steps in FH2.

2. I remember being flamed for a certain "stupid/silly wait in line" rule.
Not that such a rule would make it possible for newbies to try out vehicles/weapon kits. No...

3. Our map rotation on 762#4 features 37 different maps out of 38 that FH2 has to offer today (all but Hyacinth for the non working objectives). Those maps are being randomly rearranged into a 37 map succession every day at 9 am UTC (server restart). Sorry for being so arbitrary.

4. Try finding appropriate examples to make your point, sheikyerbouti, please.
 Reality check: x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Total playing time: 2306 hours (might be some afk hours in that to start the servers).
Out of that: time in non fixed objects (added up): roundabout 507 hours.
http://www.762-ranking.de/fh2stats/?page=playerstats&pid=63735842&ln=en
That was the time when I "blocked" vehicles. Do the math, if you wish.
Terribly sorry for doing such a damage to FH2.

@topic: What about the once proclaimed idea of having smaller releases say once a trimester that only include 2 maps or just some bugfixes. Why make the players wait so long for a release that may or may not come?

How about keeping them involved with FH2 by making smaller, but more recent releases?
Noone will be angry to have just 1 map half a year. In addition, fixes to new maps and bugs could be done at much shorter notice (half a year instead of 1+1/2 year).

There is no need for pressuring oneself into having huge "big bang releases" of 10 maps at once.
Or having "the one Eastern Front/Pacific release"
How about a news saying "Christmas map present: Salerno 1943"?
The developers might rather ask themselves "what is feasible?" than "what is ideal?".
« Last Edit: 07-02-2013, 01:02:17 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08-02-2013, 13:02:29 »
@topic: What about the once proclaimed idea of having smaller releases say once a trimester that only include 2 maps or just some bugfixes. Why make the players wait so long for a release that may or may not come?

How about keeping them involved with FH2 by making smaller, but more recent releases?
Noone will be angry to have just 1 map half a year. In addition, fixes to new maps and bugs could be done at much shorter notice (half a year instead of 1+1/2 year).

There is no need for pressuring oneself into having huge "big bang releases" of 10 maps at once.
Or having "the one Eastern Front/Pacific release"
How about a news saying "Christmas map present: Salerno 1943"?
The developers might rather ask themselves "what is feasible?" than "what is ideal?".

Thats the best idea i have heard in awhile on here.

Updates every 3-6 months would increase interest in the mod and bring in more players.

However, i have learned 2 things on this forum over the years........

1 - The Forum moderators have a short temper (especially to NEW members)....then they never come back

2 -  The Devs have NEVER taken ANY advice from ANYONE that i have ever witnessed on this forum.

:-*
« Last Edit: 08-02-2013, 13:02:56 by Jimi Hendrix »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08-02-2013, 13:02:40 »
2 -  The Devs have NEVER taken ANY advice from ANYONE that i have have ever witnessed on this forum.
because every idea is discussed internal for you not to witness it.

Offline Sir_Pee_Alot

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08-02-2013, 20:02:42 »
2 -  The Devs have NEVER taken ANY advice from ANYONE that i have have ever witnessed on this forum.
because every idea is discussed internal for you not to witness it.

they have there private forum for devs and beta-testers. yes but hey could be more active on this forum more coopertive with the forum members. i love this game but i have no idea how this mod is going anymore ! any news on 2.5?

and why those Project Realty still get played more then forgotten hope 2 i believe its that they looked at realism and teamplay first
« Last Edit: 08-02-2013, 20:02:14 by Sir_Pee_Alot »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08-02-2013, 20:02:30 »
they have there private forum for devs and beta-testers. yes but hey could be more active on this forum more coopertive with the forum members. i love this game but i have no idea how this mod is going anymore ! any news on 2.5?

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?board=24.0
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?board=84.0

You must be new here, devs never been so active here in this mod history, for example - dev blogs board is something quite new.
« Last Edit: 08-02-2013, 20:02:40 by jan_kurator »

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10-02-2013, 21:02:58 »
 News updates and Developer journals are not what we are talking about......

But they are very welcome and interesting to read.

The few polls that have been started are nice.

8)