Author Topic: FILEFRONT SEEMS TO BE BACK ONLINE!  (Read 6929 times)

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
Re: FILEFRONT SEEMS TO BE BACK ONLINE!
« Reply #30 on: 01-04-2009, 13:04:54 »
If that was an april's fool... That is very bad sense of humour if you ask me. I hope if it really was joke they lost alot of members so they can think again was it a wise move. And as many has already said these forums are better. Let FF rot...

Biiviz

« Reply #31 on: 01-04-2009, 13:04:18 »
From theexiledgamers.com forums:

Quote from: Redeemed74
My guess is that it looks like they just want to give time for everyone to copy pictures from the forums, then it goes off on April 6th as they had said.

Sounds like the most logical explanation to me.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #32 on: 01-04-2009, 14:04:18 »
Done all I wanted to do.  Which was to save a few of the smileys.  Specifically, the tongue, the lock, the beer and Donutz's whip.  I don't think I'm going back now.  Please can someone add these as smileys to this board.
« Last Edit: 01-04-2009, 14:04:50 by Eat Uranium »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #33 on: 01-04-2009, 14:04:27 »
Hard work for nothing?
It is time to go too war!  >:(
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Kebert Xela

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01-04-2009, 15:04:43 »
weird
But there has to be some reason, noone thinks of such a bad joke...

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01-04-2009, 15:04:20 »
Filefront? Whats that again? OH YEAH, that site...
* Flippy Warbear had already forgotten.

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01-04-2009, 15:04:15 »
I went "what the fuck?!" this morning.

I will have to see what n0e has to say. My best bet would be that somehow they found a wa out of all this, followed by "this is the worst joke ever organized by the FF management without telling the forum staff like me" among a whole load of other bizarre options and twists. Regardless, I'd say FH is done with them.

For me the question remains, do I want to go back to GF or do I continue on their new forums? What I do now is that I will salvage some bug reports.

Offline bosco

• View Profile
    • Project Reality
« Reply #37 on: 01-04-2009, 16:04:08 »
I've said that it was an Aprils all the time  :P

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01-04-2009, 16:04:00 »
I think one problem is that people on this forum are now starting to post in the Filefront FH section. So if FH stays here (I'm hoping and assuming you guys are), its probably best to remove the FH sub forums from filefront.  :)

Offline Danger X

• I wish we stayed neutral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 01-04-2009, 16:04:03 »
If this action WAS to get rid of Forgotten Hope(which I highly doubt), then it was a great move of them, because it made the FH community more independent.

Thanks FF, see you in hell.
As my tutor, old Bubbleface, used to say:"Make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."

Rowan Atkinson as The Black Adder

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01-04-2009, 16:04:15 »
If this action WAS to get rid of Forgotten Hope(which I highly doubt), then it was a great move of them, because it made the FH community more independent.

Thanks FF, see you in hell.

What?

No. Because n0e, Donutz, Goody, and all the other staff of filefront didn't know about this. Most of them are still confused. This is no reason to hate against the filefront staff!

I only wish the FH fans would stop posting on that forum. :-\

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #41 on: 01-04-2009, 16:04:06 »
Screwing your wish.
Don't see a reason to stop posting there. I'm already following multiple forums so me wont care mucho  :)
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Danger X

• I wish we stayed neutral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01-04-2009, 16:04:09 »
Same goes for me on the stop posting thing as you said Apple. I just posted my last thing in the notification for this forum.

And sorry for the rush statement. I was still thinking from the hypothetical case I posted.

No hard feelings?
As my tutor, old Bubbleface, used to say:"Make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."

Rowan Atkinson as The Black Adder

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01-04-2009, 17:04:35 »
As Sire Apple said, there is no need to curse FileFront. If anything curse Ziff Davis (the owners of FF who apparantly dumped her like a cheap hooker). This was no april fools, none of us know what the fuck went on and what is to happen. n0e posted on the forums the following message:

While I don't know much of what is going on, I can say that from who I talked to about this place being online that Ziff has nothing to do with its return. I'll hopefully find out more today as I was assured and once I do, I'll be sure to tell everyone here.

It seems more like someone else bought filefront and saved it from the void of no return.
Source: http://forums.filefront.com/gaming-forums-feedback-questions/395979-wow-what-going-6.html#post4848457

He will let us know ASAP as soon as he know's more. It was no prank. Though te timing seems quite bad. Very bad. BUt FileFront seems to have been saved at the last moment possibly by an other invester of some sort. We will see. FileFront was a most generous host for FH for such a long time, I wouldn't bad mouth them, that would be disrespectful.

Offline MK

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01-04-2009, 17:04:49 »
What are you talking about?this is new forum,someone put his work in this site/forum because someone from FF invented pathetic joke few days before 1 april?

This was no april fools

i really doubt,and today mystically ff is back?