Author Topic: RiP ArminAce  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Adûnâi

• View Profile
RiP ArminAce
« on: 16-08-2021, 04:08:47 »
Just got an e-mail about the news, wanted to say my thanks and RiP.
The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Re: RiP ArminAce
« Reply #1 on: 16-08-2021, 10:08:55 »
My best friend and long-time companion died today after a long, serious illness. ArminAce, or in the real name Peter Wal, was a leader in the beginnings of Forgotten Hope at Battelfield in 1942 and had a decisive influence on this mod.
I mourn the loss of a real friend who has always been fair to every member of the community, but who has also always made sure that things are fair in real life. Our condolences go to his wife Monique Wal and his family.
Peter will be buried in a few days.
I / WE will never forget what he has done for us.

Wow. That is a BAD News.  :-[

I think i can speak for the whole Forgotten Hope Team and for the Players that we are deeply hit.

Our greatest condolences for a Big Member of this Mod and the Battlefield ( If not the complete ) Modding Community itself.

I for myself want to say " Thank You " for all the great hours of joy i had playing Forgotten Hope 1 and working on Forgotten Hope 2. All the Love of Detail, Eastereggs and genious Concepts we found in your Maps and Models! 

Thank you for inspiring me to start myself to model, texture and map , my own carreer in the Gaming Industry...

We salute you!

All the Best to the People who were left behind. We are with you at this bad times.
« Last Edit: 16-08-2021, 10:08:39 by Toddel »

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #2 on: 16-08-2021, 12:08:23 »
Heartbreaking news :(

ArminAce and his work set the foundation and mood of Forgotten Hope as a series, a mod that impacted us as players and influenced other games to follow a similar path. But more personally he inspired us as developers and in some cases shaped our careers.

Playing Forgotten Hope in the old days was only fun (and alleviated the frustration from the inaccuracies of BF42) but I never suspected that the community and developers would become as big a part of my life as it did. A second family of sorts. In this family, ArminAce played the role of a grandfather, and for that role he'll be sorely missed by me and many others.

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Rest in peace Peter, you will always be part of our team.
« Last Edit: 16-08-2021, 12:08:56 by FatJoe »

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-08-2021, 14:08:07 »
This is so sad.

Armin Ace created a really big portion of the things i loved with FH1 and is a very big reason why i am here even today.

You will not be forgotten.

Offline Osis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-08-2021, 19:08:11 »
Salute from Operation Peacekeeper. Sad to hear that he lost his longest and hardest battle. 

He was a nice guy and many years ago always a great guy and communitymember in the best times of BF-Modding.

RIP.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-08-2021, 20:08:04 »
Received the e-mail with this sad news. I did not know Armin and haven't a chance to talk to him, but it's a great loss to the FH community and mainly, for family and close friends.

My condolences! Armin will stay alive through his hard work and dedication to the modding community.

R.I.P. man!

Offline Oberst Topgun

• FH-Betatester
  • been here from scratch
    • View Profile
    • www.fragthe.net
« Reply #6 on: 16-08-2021, 20:08:45 »
Very sad news to hear :(

RIP, Peter.

I once had the pleasure to meet him at a LAN Party back in 2004. Very sympathic and kind guy.
Showed me some very WIP projects he was working on, i do appreciate this long time. He was a true mastermind and a core fh dev from the very early beginnings.

I wish his family all the strenght they need.

Salute!

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-08-2021, 09:08:15 »
My condolences to his family, this is indeed very sad news and a huge loss for the Battlefield modding community.

BF1942 and FH1 was a good chunk of my younger days and even though I started playing online when the mod popularity had already faded I can still appreciate the gigantic amount of quality work that went into it, and I can see why his work served as a great inspiration for what FH2 is today.

As long as the spirit of Forgotten Hope lives, so will our memory of him.

o7
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-08-2021, 11:08:52 »
Immense respect for him.

He has made my favorite maps in FH.
Forgotten Hope had a huge impact on me and many people and is a huge source of inspiration for many games.
The whole ww2 gaming community owes him a lot.

I salute his memory

o7

Offline saereth

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18-08-2021, 05:08:37 »
Wow, ArminAce.. I remember senordingdong and I recruiting him for the project many moons ago when it was just the two of us. Yes he was one of the originals and a very dedicated individual. Without him Forgotten Hope wouldn't have existed. He was one of the very first to pour his heart and soul into the project. And was very talented individual. RIP ArminAce, a good friend, gone but not forgotten as you leave a legacy behind that many have enjoyed and continue to enjoy.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18-08-2021, 09:08:52 »
I never knew Armin  personally or really had any direct contact. However i know he had a great influence on FH. As one of the og devs i ve seen his name in many changelogs and updates to know he was important to the project as a whole.

my condolences this his friends and family
RiP ArminAce
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline 16floz470ml

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19-08-2021, 19:08:48 »
I hope he is in Valhalla.  Time really does fly.  I always liked pc gaming but never got into it like when Forgotten Hope came out.  Playing was something I looked forward to every day.  Back in the old days they had a server called Wolf based in the US.  Even all the Euros would wait in line to play on it.  I remember playing with ArminAce.  He seemed to like the Stuka and the King Tiger.  Never got tired of Berlin Outskirts.  I can remember vividly him landing on me with the Stuka when I was infantry and killing me.  Forgotten Hope still my favorite game ever. 

Offline otolikos

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20-08-2021, 01:08:30 »
What a really sad news  :(

By looking his work on FH1 maps, he made me want to become a mapper.

RIP ArminAce. Thx to all you gave to us.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20-08-2021, 02:08:15 »
What sad news! Another friend of us is gone, Chad. Really sad news, losing two good people in such short time. What a loss! My condolences to Chad's family and friends.  :'( :'( :'(

Were these guys working on the next patch? It would be a nice tribute to dedicate the latest release in memory of our beloved friends. I don't know, maybe create a commemorative plate to attach somewhere in one of the maps, maybe in a monument like that found in Pegasus. I think it would be a vivid remembrance of their dedication to this mod. Just a thought...

Warmest regards,

batistadk

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21-08-2021, 10:08:06 »
With Chad and Armin passings, we're all sad and nostalgic. A lot of their work amazed us for years and years. Remembering them makes me remember all the good times on FH & FH2.

Their work & passion will not be forgotten.
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)