Author Topic: too many AT bots  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
too many AT bots
« on: 09-01-2010, 07:01:19 »
hi all, long time lurker first time writer... before my feedback I would like to send my sincerest gratitude and respect to the dev team and beta testers... thank you for all the time, energy, and talent you've poured into this game. I won't even call it a mod, you guys have far exceeded that long ago. You have created one of the best experiences I’ve ever had, so thank you!!

Now for my feed back, I know this issue has been discussed before, but I couldn't remember where and I wanted to add my two cents. One thing that has always irked me since 2.0 is how many bots there are running around with AT kits, it's a rather unrealistic amount. And I know a lot has been done to try and resolve this but nothing has worked. But, it occurred to me today while playing the new patch... Singleplayer in vBF2 was set up so that every squad has one bot playing the medic. That’s the only class they spawn as the entire round, so the player always has someone around to revive them… And the AT kit is in the same spot as the medic kit in vBF2 on the kit selection screen. I guessed that the bots were treating the AT kit as the medic kit. I checked the fire team screen and sure enough every squad had one bot playing AT the entire round. And with 3 bots per squad that’s one third of the entire army was playing AT. To further test this theory I played a Co-Op match where there are generally 5 bots per squad, and found that there was still one bot per squad that played the round as AT but the 4 other bots never did.

I wasn’t sure if this was something you guys had figured out yourselves (and if it is then I’ve wasted my breath, or, typing fingers) but I knew it was an issued you had struggled to resolve in the past and I was hoping I might be able to shed some light on it. I leave it in your capable hands, I hope I’m not way off target. Either way it seems best to stick to Co-Op for now, which I tend to do anyways (more setup options)… And again, thank you for all you time and energy you’ve put into this game

P.S. sorry for the novel  :P

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
Re: too many AT bots
« Reply #1 on: 09-01-2010, 13:01:50 »
G'day mate, don't worry about the novel, you can't compete with Djinn's walls-of-text... ;)

I dunno if the kit priority for the bots can be changed, but if not, maybe simply swapping the position of the Rifleman and AT kits in the list would work?

Offline gsteffens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-01-2010, 04:01:50 »
That would make sense... or NCO?  Most squads would require leadership...?

Is there no plans for medics for FH2?

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-01-2010, 04:01:53 »
There are medics on FH2, pickup kits.

Offline gsteffens

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-01-2010, 05:01:18 »
There are medics on FH2, pickup kits.

Fair enough, I must not have found em! :)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10-01-2010, 05:01:42 »
Usually its a pistol with 8 bandages and a knife  :P
(My usual kit  ::))

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10-01-2010, 08:01:06 »
my usual kit involves a MG or rifle pshh..medic lol

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10-01-2010, 08:01:16 »
my usual kit involves a MG or rifle pshh..medic lol
pfft, medics.....Who needs 'em? They'll be the first to die in combat anyways, so you probably won't get the medical attention you need.

but all serious, could it be possible to make it so the enemy gets negative points for killing a medic, and of course make the medics very distint.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10-01-2010, 10:01:52 »
You guys havn't had fun until you've charged an enemy squad with a pistol and almost unlimited life in close quarters combat  ;)   

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3