Author Topic: Fh2 128 Players: Biggest thing since sliced bread.  (Read 41408 times)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
Re: Fh2 128 Players: Biggest thing since sliced bread.
« Reply #15 on: 04-03-2011, 21:03:21 »
people post videos, i cant belive im missing this T_T

Offline bjack

• in_ur_base, campin ur planez
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04-03-2011, 21:03:08 »
Was Brilliant!!. Very very intense, with lots of infantry grouping up in bunkers and trenches and lining ditches firing on the enemy. Also lovely to see APCs being used at full capacity.

On Gazala in one small section alone there were about 10 British tanks grouped up firing on the enemy, amazing stuff :)... that poor Opel Blitz :P

It was great.  All tanks and transports were filled and large assaults were friggin epic!

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04-03-2011, 21:03:31 »
And this is the day my Motherboard/CPU decides to die on me....................
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Priestdk

« Reply #18 on: 04-03-2011, 21:03:41 »
And yeay for bad FPS with more then 20 players at the same place on screen in heavy fire fights
And yeay for 30-50 people standing around in mainbase doing nothing because of lack of transport
And yeay for HE rape from tanks and grenades
And yeay for maps witch are not buildt for this number
And i dont think the server admin can make the tanks or transports spawn any faster then they already doo. Not sure though.
I have a high end system/and high internet conection and i have newer ever in my life of FH2 hade any kind of lag what so ever doing testing or puplic play until tonight.

I think people will get real tired of this real fast and go back to the 64 player servers because 80% of the maps dont fit with this kind of numbers weither the server admins make the server able to play with 128 players or not, also if the Dev´s decide to stay the road they have now with making maps for 64 and normal numbers servers with 128 will not fit because of howe the maps are made.
« Last Edit: 04-03-2011, 21:03:09 by Priestdk »

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04-03-2011, 22:03:03 »
And yeay for bad FPS with more then 20 players at the same place on screen in heavy fire fights
And yeay for 30-50 people standing around in mainbase doing nothing because of lack of transport
And i dont think the server admin can make the tanks or transports spawn any faster then they already doo. Not sure though.
I have a high end system/and high internet conection and i have newer ever in my life of FH2 hade any kind of lag what so ever doing testing or puplic play until tonight.

I think people will get real tired of this real fast and go back to the 64 player servers because 80% of the maps dont fit with this kind of numbers weither the server admins make the server able to play with 128 players or not, also if the Dev´s decide to stay the road they have now with making maps for 64 and normal numbers servers with 128 will not fit because of howe the maps are made.

bad luck i guess... im playing on a laptop with below average connection:

- no lag (40-50 ping)
- Did not experience lack of transports, only thing i noticed is that people is more willing to wait until the transport is full.
- people actualy riding on tanks.
- Massive tankcharge on Gazala.
- Awsome infantry combat
- people going together in squads.
- crashes once in a while when changing maps but not more then it does when playing on 64 servers.

this is my experience until now. :)

Offline Damecos

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04-03-2011, 22:03:11 »
I thought that would be one of the easiest things to do when server-side modding, at least compared to breaking the 64 player limit.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04-03-2011, 22:03:42 »
servers can change spawn times and spawn vehicles, and IIRC even limited kits.

Offline Vernah

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04-03-2011, 22:03:43 »

Lol wut? Did you even play on the server? Yes some of hte maps can be optimized but most of the maps are now 100x more fun, especially the africa maps. The only transport issue I found was in Cobra because once the allies cap flags, their tanks outnumber the axis and the axis do not get new tanks which was already an issue on teh 64 player version. Also the fact there is a kubel and 1 transport truck in the cobra main.

I'm playing from Canada, and the lag is slightly worse than when I play on HSLAN, but that is because of the server specs, not 128 players.

Offline Tuco

• FH lurker since 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04-03-2011, 22:03:01 »
Havent been on a FH binge like this in a long time.. :D
If you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk.

Offline Hawkwind6

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04-03-2011, 22:03:47 »

Its a pity you had a bad experience with lag and so on. Like Priestdk , im on a average internet connection and average PC and no problems at all!.

The guy who runs the server was saying something like the other server they have is even more powerful but was being used by PR.

It was fantastic as it was, just imagine when bugs are sorted out and when done on a more powerful server, maps made specificaly for 128 etc..

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04-03-2011, 22:03:09 »
now i want an omaha map xD

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04-03-2011, 22:03:05 »
go away vicious... 128 players is awsome and stuff but im still not buying into your FH2PR plans.

+1

Other than that I hope the server will enable battlerecorder very soon so we can have videos about this ... 8)

I also found a strange bug with the SL's smg on Lebisey, you don't see it and it makes no sound when you shoot :

« Last Edit: 04-03-2011, 22:03:42 by Beaufort »

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #27 on: 04-03-2011, 22:03:06 »
Server crash on the infamous El Alamein ctd graveyard
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Vicious

• I belong to Naughty Club
  • Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04-03-2011, 22:03:19 »
Is anyone representing the work?
So they are so infallible yet they can't even communicate and work with each other... sounds like politicians.

Offline Topdogger

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04-03-2011, 23:03:04 »
Only played a short while but had no performance issues.
Seems good so far :o 8).
Even seems more realistic in that big number of people and equipment are needed to make any impact on a flag.
Also is odd all assets are manned all the time.
« Last Edit: 04-03-2011, 23:03:47 by Topdogger »