Author Topic: Fh2 128 Players: Biggest thing since sliced bread.  (Read 41412 times)

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
Re: Fh2 128 Players: Biggest thing since sliced bread.
« Reply #30 on: 04-03-2011, 23:03:58 »
Only played a short while but had no performance issues.
Seems good so far :o 8).
Even seems more realistic in that big number of people and equipment are needed to make any impact on a flag.
Also is all assets are manned all the time.

Yep no more of that truck for every soldier stuff :P!

Offline Damecos

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04-03-2011, 23:03:27 »
Is anyone representing the work?
Yes, Soppa on the PR forums:

This is 64bit linux server. Tema and dev is working on 32bit linux server.
And yes, im doing cooperation with em about nametagissue.

Anyway, I changed server to run Forgotten Hope 2 and no time 64 limit was tested
So, 64bit linux server is working also.

Battlefield 2 Dedicated Server v1.5.3153-802.0(x86_64)
" FH 128 EU 100MBit/s" Average FPS: 35 [d:0, o:1174]
IP: 85.23.203.31 Port: 16567

Here: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-bf2-general-discussion/94112-128-player-tests-feedback-observations-6.html
« Last Edit: 04-03-2011, 23:03:51 by Damecos »

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04-03-2011, 23:03:39 »
The imagination to play Eastern Front map with massive tank battles and combined armed forces with 128 players is for me just WOW!

To be honest: I believe a successfull implementation could attracht much more players than everything else at the moment. I especially think about the big african maps, which I really like but always felt "too empty". The imagination to see dozens of Russian Tanks all manned with soldiers on it driving in to the battle.... YAMM!

We don't need more transportation vehicles, people should be forced to mount tanks as it often was.

Good stuff, hope I can test it myself as well.

When will the server be up again?

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05-03-2011, 00:03:28 »
The imagination to play Eastern Front map with massive tank battles and combined armed forces with 128 players is for me just WOW!

To be honest: I believe a successfull implementation could attracht much more players than everything else at the moment.
QFT. Even after FHT match began, there were 100+ players on the server, with players on other servers as well. So actually this seems to increase the amount of players online, maybe because they are interested?

Also, 128 players IS a definite advantage over all the current and upcoming FPS's, most of those are 24p or 32p even on PC, even the upcoming BF3 will be 64p only. Both PR and FH2 should IMHO exploit this technological gap in their marketing efforts. Only ArmA2 and IL-2 offer similarly large player figures, and they are simulators, not shooters.

Priestdk

« Reply #34 on: 05-03-2011, 00:03:08 »
lol yes i played 5 rounds so yes i played on the server lol and yes sadly i hade a bad experience it looks like but still the same perhabs 10-15 people are posting in this thread were are the last 100 ;-P anyway all im saying is dont get your hope up to high.

Server side modding is not always a good thing.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05-03-2011, 00:03:08 »
Well I had a hell of a fun (except that I now die every 5 secs instead of 10 ;D)... There was only 1 period of extreme lag (easily fixed by restarting FH)... My ping was a big higher than usual (probably due to server being in Finland and me on the other side of Europe ;) , but my friend's ping skyrocketed - went from 40 to almost 200, and was quite unplayable for him. There are some maps that need a bit of tweaking but large, open maps (like African ones) feel just right, it's hard to get a ride in the middle of a desert and there's mass infantry and tank charges... EPIC!
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05-03-2011, 00:03:50 »
go away vicious... 128 players is awsome and stuff but im still not buying into your FH2PR plans.

+1

Other than that I hope the server will enable battlerecorder very soon so we can have videos about this ... 8)

I also found a strange bug with the SL's smg on Lebisey, you don't see it and it makes no sound when you shoot :

its your shaders i think...

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #37 on: 05-03-2011, 00:03:28 »
I also found a strange bug with the SL's smg on Lebisey, you don't see it and it makes no sound when you shoot
Means that the python that controls it is not working properly.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 05-03-2011, 00:03:23 »
I also found a strange bug with the SL's smg on Lebisey, you don't see it and it makes no sound when you shoot
Means that the python that controls it is not working properly.
Ye, Lebisey also had No.1 as officer rifle.

Offline Tim270

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 05-03-2011, 00:03:15 »
Personally I think it feels a hell of a lot better than 64p simply for the reason that it is blissful chaos.

With 128p layer it would indeed make the mod a lot more enjoyable. I really liked the tank to infantry ratio as well, felt a lot more like combined arms with big swarms of infantry with tanks rather than 1 guy in a tank and a few stragglers.

I think that was the first time a human wave has ever worked in a video game that I have played in a few assaults.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 05-03-2011, 01:03:15 »
It was pretty fun.. I enjoyed most rounds I played. However there are big flaws in simply that the maps arent designed for it. They are made for 64players.
We will keep an eye on this and see what we will do with this for future FH2 updates.

Kudos to Soppa for running it  8)

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #41 on: 05-03-2011, 01:03:45 »
Lol wut? Did you even play on the server? Yes some of hte maps can be optimized but most of the maps are now 100x more fun, especially the africa maps. The only transport issue I found was in Cobra because once the allies cap flags, their tanks outnumber the axis and the axis do not get new tanks which was already an issue on teh 64 player version. Also the fact there is a kubel and 1 transport truck in the cobra main.

I'm playing from Canada, and the lag is slightly worse than when I play on HSLAN, but that is because of the server specs, not 128 players.

Most probaply the reason was that the server was/is hosted in finland, adds a little bit ping.

Found it quite nice. Totalize running around 50-60 fps and ping of 8-30 with full server all settings maxed out.

Wants more!
CMP Gaming

Offline TheRevoluzer

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05-03-2011, 01:03:10 »
It was pretty fun.. I enjoyed most rounds I played. However there are big flaws in simply that the maps arent designed for it. They are made for 64players.
We will keep an eye on this and see what we will do with this for future FH2 updates.

Kudos to Soppa for running it  8)

Couldn't you add a 128 player map by adding a few extra vehicles to the original 64 player map?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 05-03-2011, 02:03:33 »
Fist map I played was Anctoville - thought it will la-ag, and would be a rapefest... it was actually fun

And that's one of the tighter maps... Not sure if Brest does well though... Purple heart lane on the other hand...

that will be EPIC!

I really think most of the 128 fears have been squashed

However, I was getting this one bug - Seeing a remote projection of a close enemy right infront of me for a split second....
Anyone else get that?

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 05-03-2011, 02:03:08 »
Wow so I got to test it.

I played the following maps:
- Anctoville
- Supercharge
- Cobra

General Review:
While Anctoville was a bit of mess, Supercharge and Cobra were brillian with more people. It felt as it should be played always with more people. I saw people mounting all places on the tanks, cool teamplay, nice and intense attacking. To be honest: It was for me the best gameplay since I left FH1 for FH2.

Size ok?
While a few maps are too small for more than 64 players I count many maps with a lot of potential due to the increasing player count. It's just fitting and the people adjust. Strangely it felt much more real as you really saw more combined action in every direction.

Connection stability
I got just 2 short lags (1 sec) and 1 longer (3) secs and I'm located in Switzerland. The performance of my computer was almost positively affected, I almost never got any "slowing" down.

Fantastic! I see a huge potential for FH. It gives it the right portion of intense fighting and can attract many people who want to interact with so many guys on one server.

gn8,
Nissi