Author Topic: AI minimod 1.3 beta 3 + Map AI minimod 1.0b  (Read 12013 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: AI minimod 1.3 beta 3 + Map AI minimod 1.0b
« Reply #90 on: 23-08-2010, 09:08:56 »
We are doing all we can to get everything in the official 2.3 but it would likely have creases.

Just as Drawde's came with its own bugs, taking that and moving a step foward may break it a bit at first. What I can say is that there should be plenty less needed in 2.3 if any, in order to enjoy an SP/COOP game

I wish our ragtag fan-modding team would still be running outside the black official dev car and helping where we can to debug and explore new horizons, but I'm not even sure who's left besides Raziel and me, and if the change of gear to 2.3-prepping was our final death nell :-/

But with Remick04 now having all under control, I just might try and reawake the troops, including maybe even activitating our secret asset: Clivewil :-)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 23-08-2010, 10:08:51 »
I'm still here (patiently waiting for 2.3)... ;)

I've just been preoccupied with Bioshock. After getting a new graphics card I can finally play it without it coming to a complete stop when it loads up the next part of a level.

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 23-08-2010, 11:08:31 »
I'm also still here (patiently working on my FH2 custom map + BGFmod and waiting for 2.3) ;D

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 24-08-2010, 11:08:31 »
I am here (patiently waiting 2.3).  8)

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 30-08-2010, 20:08:02 »
I'm still here, though I've taken a break from FH2 modding lately seeing as Remick04 and the other official
devs are now doing a better job than me ;D (also definitely looking forward to FH2.3
with improved AI + SP support)

When 2.3 is out I still might work on another minimod version (much smaller, hopefully, since a lot less will need fixing) addressing any issues that 2.3 hasn't fixed (maybe due to MP compatibility issues or lack of time)

Regarding the Stuka dive siren issue, I've now modified this so the siren has a much higher activation speed (only in steep dives)
and the AI dive angle has been increased so bots will dive it steeply enough to activate the siren. I'll put this up for release in a day or so.

Bots planting mines around flags may not work very well considering friendlies can set them off as easily as enemies (unlike vBF2, IIRC), also the AI mine-planting behaviour was responsible for the infamous "satchel TKing", so I disabled it completely in my minimod. Is there any way to stop bots from thinking satchels/AT charges are mines?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 30-08-2010, 20:08:46 »
Truthfully, -AP and AT mies cannot in fact be set oby friendlies... Tanks can drive over friendly mines and never blow up... Only the player can be TKed in that way

But yer, the binocs and mines do require a more complicated use. I'm currently without a decent machine and chasing work in RL so I've not been as active testing anything lately Which I guess also gives everyone a breather :-).. But I will soon think of some crazy idea of making bots use mines in logical ways, so wait up for me ;-)

And yer, I really don't want to ee squating bots holding bombs of any kind.. they still do it with charges and that's saomething that we need to fix before we think of adding more  such... But on to 2.3!

ps. No Drawde, I think Remick has agreed, as do I, AI is much improved on account of your intervention. We couldn't have gotten here without you... And I'm sure you'll see YOUR work floating arounnd the 2.3 AI along with the 'surprises' Remick spoke of

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 31-08-2010, 08:08:59 »
ps. No Drawde, I think Remick has agreed, as do I, AI is much improved on account of your intervention. We couldn't have gotten here without you... And I'm sure you'll see YOUR work floating arounnd the 2.3 AI along with the 'surprises' Remick spoke of

Agree completely!  :)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 01-09-2010, 15:09:43 »
Actually, I can't be more thankful than your presence here Drawde. I hope you all SP devs can work closer with the devs, especially regarding bots command.