Author Topic: Sammatus map crashing  (Read 859 times)

Offline Hedgehog

• View Profile
Sammatus map crashing
« on: 06-07-2019, 14:07:35 »
I am constantly getting CTD on co-op Sammatus maps with bots, both 16 and 64. It happens always when I select a weapon and click to join the game, regardless of the amount of bots, selected weapon, and team. My game version is 3.4.666. There is no error message, BF2 just closes suddenly. Any leads?

I've read there could be some AI bugs with stationary weapons causing this type of crash.

There are so few WW2 FPS games which deal with the Continuation War and Winter War, so I'd really like to play those FH2 maps!
« Last Edit: 06-07-2019, 14:07:59 by Hedgehog »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Sammatus map crashing
« Reply #1 on: 06-07-2019, 18:07:35 »
There are so few WW2 FPS games which deal with the Continuation War and Winter War, so I'd really like to play those FH2 maps!
Play online. Sammatus bot support is not official, it was added in the (community made) standalone version only. FH2 does not develop SP / COOP anymore, due to lack of active singleplayer devs.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 06-07-2019, 20:07:36 »
I am constantly getting CTD on co-op Sammatus maps with bots, both 16 and 64. It happens always when I select a weapon and click to join the game, regardless of the amount of bots, selected weapon, and team. My game version is 3.4.666. There is no error message, BF2 just closes suddenly. Any leads?

I've read there could be some AI bugs with stationary weapons causing this type of crash.

Are you starting a game from inside the client (BF2 game menu) ? I have CTD's myself when I start a game this way.  jan_kurator is right ... either join a coop server on the internet that has bots or run your own server on your local network and connect to that which is what I do. I have found Coop games started this way to be rock solid apart from the occasional map that really does have a bug and will crash server side as well, in which case it should be reported to Darman (Forgotten Maps and unofficial bot support for latest FH maps).

Offline Hedgehog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-07-2019, 21:07:34 »
I've tried that, created a local server with this map using FH2ServerLauncher.exe. After starting, at 14% the cmd server window  displays "not supported in runtime" but then loads and shows "100%".

When I connect to my server from BF2/FH2 multiplayer I can choose a class/team but the game freezes after that, displaying "There is a problem with your connection" and "PY warn: Check mods/fh2/fh2-errors-2019-0706-213002.log on the server"

When I quit or minimize BF2/FH2, the server cmd window is gone.

The log file is attached. It is full of errors in limitKit.py plugin.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-07-2019, 23:07:39 »
I meant online server, with people with brains, not bots.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 07-07-2019, 12:07:08 »
Then how is that comment useful here ? This fellow wants to play with bots (and/or Coop with bots/humans). I'm telling him he can get a rock steady game using a server. Do you have something against Coop/Solo play ? Because I certainly would not criticise playing online with your "humans with brains" as you put it. We're all here to have fun in what ever way.

Offline tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10-07-2019, 02:07:38 »
I've got a probably dumb question, but I've read your posts a few times to make sure, and I don't see any mention of the unofficial AI COOP map pack, found here http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=20690.0

Do you HAVE the map pack, or are you trying to start a COOP game with just the standard FH2 game?  As far as I know, as Michael Z Freeman mentioned, only two of the Eastern Front maps have official AI (and they're still WIP).

On the plus side, the unofficial AI for Sammatus (as well as Seelow) is actually quite good. If it's as simple as that you didn't download the unofficial AI mappack from Darman, then you're going to enjoy it!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10-07-2019, 19:07:40 »
As far as I know unofficial AI COOP map pack is included in the standalone installer of FH2, maybe not anymore. There is no official SP / COOP otherwise, so trying to play Sammatus with bots will crash the game, though it shouldn't even be available in SP / COOP without that patch.

Offline Hedgehog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16-07-2019, 20:07:37 »
Do you HAVE the map pack, or are you trying to start a COOP game with just the standard FH2 game?
Damn man, thanks!!! I've installed the FH2: 2.5 COOP Map Pack over my FH2  v.3.4.666 mod and now everything works perfectly!