Author Topic: Your epic fail in FH1/FH2!  (Read 18617 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Your epic fail in FH1/FH2!
« Reply #60 on: 15-02-2012, 06:02:00 »
PeB,
While on arty,
given a swet spot right infront of the church where at least 6 guys were holding off my team,

I fired,

Suddenly 2 retreat, the other 3 or so die from being shot and a grenade and my team charge into view

shell lands.

5 deaths.
Score = -10

KICK MESSAGE (You have been kicked for having a negative score)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 16-02-2012, 00:02:32 »
teamkills are always with most precision and fastest reflex, it happens all the time.

There is always a dilemma, when you see a teammate aiming at you 5 meters away, stood still or hit the dirt? If I stand still, sometimes he proceed on firing at me, if I hit the dirt, he sometimes either shoots me or lob a grenade at me...

Hehe, those moments are funny. Two guys from the same team facing and aiming at each other, bit unsure whether the should shoot or not. Funny are those guys who are firing at you after you considered him to be a friend and not a foe and keep going on, and then they miss the first two or three shots and then team kill you.  ;D

Things just happen too fast for you to scream : hold your fire!...

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 16-02-2012, 21:02:05 »
Oh man, I almost don't want to post this because ragequits are embarrassing, but I had an hour to kill today before I head back out and thought I'd have a quick round of FH. Joined near the end of Port-en-Bessin with Vossenack next. Hopped in an M10 and crawled along the northern side of the map, zipping in and out of cover. Someone in a StuG had gotten 4 kills with one shot early on so I had my eyes peeled for German armor, when I heard an engine.

I checked my cover, which was pretty good, and scanned the horizon. I saw the StuG.. and a Panther.. and a Jagdpanther. All three in a neat little line, and all three moving across my screen from left to right, begging to be knocked out. My eyes were like moons and with HVAP already loaded, I hit x to go into the gunsight, and the dirt mound in front of me was a millimeter too high for me to get the shot off. I made a mess of backing up and it took me a good five seconds to retrain my aim. The German armor was still moving along nicely.. I trained my sights on the Panther, and the Jagdpanther, for no apparent reason, stopped, turned, and killed me, in the space of about one second.

It was one of those irritating deaths, where a great opportunity has been wasted, and you feel like shit for being so useless you let it happen. I hadn't been all that interested in Vossenack with 18 people online anyway, and if that was how my luck was going to go I thought I'd bail out and wait for tonight on WaW to try again.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 17-02-2012, 14:02:03 »
Oh man, I almost don't want to post this because ragequits are embarrassing, but I had an hour to kill today before I head back out and thought I'd have a quick round of FH. Joined near the end of Port-en-Bessin with Vossenack next. Hopped in an M10 and crawled along the northern side of the map, zipping in and out of cover. Someone in a StuG had gotten 4 kills with one shot early on so I had my eyes peeled for German armor, when I heard an engine.

I checked my cover, which was pretty good, and scanned the horizon. I saw the StuG.. and a Panther.. and a Jagdpanther. All three in a neat little line, and all three moving across my screen from left to right, begging to be knocked out. My eyes were like moons and with HVAP already loaded, I hit x to go into the gunsight, and the dirt mound in front of me was a millimeter too high for me to get the shot off. I made a mess of backing up and it took me a good five seconds to retrain my aim. The German armor was still moving along nicely.. I trained my sights on the Panther, and the Jagdpanther, for no apparent reason, stopped, turned, and killed me, in the space of about one second.

It was one of those irritating deaths, where a great opportunity has been wasted, and you feel like shit for being so useless you let it happen. I hadn't been all that interested in Vossenack with 18 people online anyway, and if that was how my luck was going to go I thought I'd bail out and wait for tonight on WaW to try again.

Hehe, I think I was your SL on this round at Vossenack. This was a match, where nothing worked together. The guy who drove the Halftrack infront of the StuG was my TS mate. I told him to take the northern route to not get shot by the StuG spawning at Kall Trail, but ... you know the rest of the story. I had some very strange situations on this map. A Panther was attacking us at Kall Trail. My before mentioned TS mate got a Jeep and I told him to pick us up there and bring us out of danger to the church flag. What is he doing? - He picks me up and droves along the side of the Panther into the open field behind Kall Trail, where a StuG was waiting for us and the Panther still suppressing us. I would have liked to kick him out of the squad for this shit, but we all have some stange moments I think.
Another strange moment was my attack with an M10 at Unterdorf. I load my special ammo ready to kill the Panther, that was standing on the mainroad well aiming for a weakspot. He was standing with the front to me, but it still should have been an easy kill with the tank destoyer. But the first shot bounces off. Second shot penetrates but doesn't kill him - he is burning and trying to flank me. I noticed this - thanks to good spotting - and killed him frontaly with my last special ammo shot. Three HVAP shots on a Panther WTF?!?!?!
After this and several other kills there was a StuG attacking me frontaly. Also easy kill I thought. I had alot of situations before, where I was able to penetrate a StuG frontaly with a tank destroyer. But this time I only shot him burning and he killed me. Just a match where a lot of bad luck came together. The guys in the other team were my other TS mates - 8 eyes see more than 2 and communications is everything in this game. This explains your situation with the Panther. I got a warning for flaming in my TS channel btw and was near to rage quit like you ;D
« Last Edit: 17-02-2012, 14:02:02 by 5hitm4k3r »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 20-02-2012, 00:02:23 »
Tunis, HSLAN

You know that doorway right after the first flag directly in the British way, the one that leads straight to the mg at the docks?

Well, we were stuck behind that doorway, facing nadespam from unseen Brits and rifle shots once we stick our heads out, so i thought I'd throw a nade over the wall.

I aim up and am about to release when I hear a bang from a grenade, and the concussion plus the sound cause me to miss my aim slightly...

the grenade went straight up and came back down. I called out 'Take cover'... but whoever listens to that?

I scored 5 TKs and was instantly kicked from the server for 'having a negative score'...

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 20-02-2012, 01:02:56 »
^ 3D VOIP... THE answer to all those situations... To bad there is none in FH 2...  ::)
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #66 on: 20-02-2012, 10:02:36 »
One my biggest fails ever that I can remember was the first beta test sessions I attended. This was in the early stages of the Normandy beta. I have never team killed so much in my whole life. Everything I did resulted in me team killing somebody. Every third or fourth minute I had to excuse my self.

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 20-02-2012, 19:02:48 »

Hehe, I think I was your SL on this round at Vossenack. This was a match, where nothing worked together. The guy who drove the Halftrack infront of the StuG was my TS mate. I told him to take the northern route to not get shot by the StuG spawning at Kall Trail, but ... you know the rest of the story. I had some very strange situations on this map. A Panther was attacking us at Kall Trail. My before mentioned TS mate got a Jeep and I told him to pick us up there and bring us out of danger to the church flag. What is he doing? - He picks me up and droves along the side of the Panther into the open field behind Kall Trail, where a StuG was waiting for us and the Panther still suppressing us. I would have liked to kick him out of the squad for this shit, but we all have some stange moments I think.
Another strange moment was my attack with an M10 at Unterdorf. I load my special ammo ready to kill the Panther, that was standing on the mainroad well aiming for a weakspot. He was standing with the front to me, but it still should have been an easy kill with the tank destoyer. But the first shot bounces off. Second shot penetrates but doesn't kill him - he is burning and trying to flank me. I noticed this - thanks to good spotting - and killed him frontaly with my last special ammo shot. Three HVAP shots on a Panther WTF?!?!?!
After this and several other kills there was a StuG attacking me frontaly. Also easy kill I thought. I had alot of situations before, where I was able to penetrate a StuG frontaly with a tank destroyer. But this time I only shot him burning and he killed me. Just a match where a lot of bad luck came together. The guys in the other team were my other TS mates - 8 eyes see more than 2 and communications is everything in this game. This explains your situation with the Panther. I got a warning for flaming in my TS channel btw and was near to rage quit like you ;D

:D.

If that's how the round was going to go maybe you and I should've just quite after Port-en-Bessin and called it a night then and there.

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 20-02-2012, 21:02:06 »
Whenever I walk into one of steiner-I-cross's AP mines right after he warned us about 'em.

He drops some everytime we get into a house and bunker up inside (which happens several times per round when you're in this guy's squad), and yet I never remember to check around for mines.

-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 20-02-2012, 22:02:46 »
Whenever I walk into one of steiner-I-cross's AP mines right after he warned us about 'em.

He drops some everytime we get into a house and bunker up inside (which happens several times per round when you're in this guy's squad), and yet I never remember to check around for mines.

Dat feeling of shame. You know you've done something truly worthy of this thread if the kill messages read HE [teamkills with] YOU, but YOU are the one that should be apologizing. I've done that way too often.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 23-02-2012, 23:02:08 »
killed a messerschmitt with a perfect shot with my cruiser tank. turns out it was our own Spitfire. GODDAMMIT!

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 24-02-2012, 20:02:32 »
A victory that felt like a fail - last night, WaW, Port-en-Bessin. About 35 people online, and I'm on the German team. My squad and most of our team are getting terrorized by a Sherman camping out at the church flag. We lost and retook Church several times, but the Sherman was always nearby, and getting a ton of kills. Someone Geballted it but it was only wounded, and it got repaired and soon returned to camp at the Church.

I'd had a few drinks and amused myself by wondering who was going to be the hero that finally took out that damn Sherman, because we were seriously fast approaching 30 minutes of the same tank, destroying our chances of defending church and the tank itself had enough inf cover no one could get near it. The Germans were doing a great job at holding the flag, and retaking it when they lost it, but there was no way we were winning that round until someone took out that Sherman. The faust in the trench was always gone and the guys trying to use it died before they could get the shot off. In my rum-soaked brain I was laughing at how whoever it was that got rid of this Sherman was going to have his name written in stone in WaW history. I'd killed a few British inf but we were being pinned down by Bren carriers near the Sherman who was just north east of the church, when I remembered the faust at Shipyard.

I ran through the field, and luckily the faust there spawned just as I was approaching the box it's on. I grabbed it, headed back through the fields, and dove down into the trench. Prone, I crawled along the trench, heading north, and reached the part where the trench heads off left towards the church and widens in a sort of cul-de-sac. I switched from rifle to faust, because I could hear the Sherman's engine and its MG clattering away. Quick look around and I stood up, crouching, and saw the Sherman. It had been firing into the church from the east, but it was reversing slowly. The tank was much further away from me than I had expected, and I wasn't at all convinced the faust could reach it. I got as close as I could without leaving the trench, stood up, went into ironsights, aimed a good 2-3 times higher above the tank than the height of the tank itself, lead it just a little bit (it was still reversing), and fired.

My faust flew through the air and hit the Sherman in the tracks; barely a foot further away from me, and the tank would've been fine. My faust would have fell to the ground harmlessly between myself and the Sherman, but it was just inches close enough and I got the trajectory perfect. I hit right on two of the small wheels nearest the front of the tank. If I had been one meter farther away in-game, I wouldn't have hit it. Finally, that fucking Sherman was down, and I was feeling proud of myself. I hadn't done much that round, but I had managed to do what my entire team had failed to do for over 20 minutes. And no one cared. I typed 'Sherman down' into teamchat, and no one said a word. We capped church, the inf could now move up, the Bren carriers nearby were easily overwhelmed, and no one said anything. The only acknowledgement of my incredible victory was someone in my squad on his mic said about a minute later 'Oh, did somebody get that Sherman?, as if he was asking whether anyone knew if it was going to be sunny tomorrow.

I don't say this as a complaint, quite the opposite - serves me right for expecting blowjobs :D. True heroes desire neither notoriety nor recognition. It just made me laugh in game last night and even more now, I thought it was pretty funny. That round was really, really close last night but it went on for so long we eventually just called it a draw with 200 tickets left for both sides and went and did Vossenack.
« Last Edit: 24-02-2012, 20:02:34 by Andrew »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 24-02-2012, 20:02:34 »
I know the feeling

i managed to take out 3 tanks single-handed on Lebisey and expected something from my squad who had been screaming into VOIP and chat because they were being terrorized, but its like 'shiny objects'

they had moved away from trying to defend the road flag and moved torwards the East AT position, so my 3 tank kills with some Gabellte ladung and finally with shrek went totally unnoticed.

Yer, PeB must be the best made map imo. Battles can be SO epic.

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 25-02-2012, 12:02:05 »
Using the mortar on Luttich.
Killed around 32 gerries.
Having a total score of 1.
Why ? fffffffuuuu tks !!!! (and fu punishes also ^^)
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 25-02-2012, 17:02:05 »
In a desperate defensive move, I dared myself to run away from cover, charging towards an attacking tank, then throw a satchel on bot driven Panther tank. However the tank kept charging aimlessly into friendly defensive zone. None of my friends have AT kits nor run away from their cover, so the tank went through it and the satchel blew off, killing everyone around the tank, including my friends. Stupidest TK ever!