Author Topic: Archi's Master Mapping Thread  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
Archi's Master Mapping Thread
« on: 10-05-2011, 12:05:50 »
I'm changing the name of this thread, so that I can use it whenever I work on a new or different mapping project.

The thread will contain attached text files with descriptions of maps, and the most current project and or notice will be posted below with the date and a short title.

--5/26/2011 - Schonberg's Rest--

Due to some editor issues, and some crashes on Schonberg, I'm putting it on the back burner for now, to work on a smaller, simpler map that will help me get my old mapping jive from the 1942 days back. Not being able to load the map in the game, and after hours of searching and being unable to discover the issue, is weighing on me, and it limits the creative process because I can't get a good feel for how the map will actually look, and feel.

Nevertheless, doesn't mean Schonberg wont still be worked on, but it will be my secondary project as I examine it from head to toe looking for the issue.

My Primary project will be a fictional map, not based off of any real place, focused on game-play alone, and will take on the role of some anonymous French town or Village, or it'll try to embody a certain experience that will be unique to maps currently out there. I'm looking at doing an infantry map, since admittedly I'm an infantryman in game, and want to see more Infantry maps of all sizes. I havn't got an official name for it yet, or any photos of a concept, but on my desk I have a number of drawings, and in my head I have a group of ideas I'm currently working around.

I think this smaller map will allow me to prove (to a select few of the guys on TS xD) that I actually have retained mapping abilities from my days working with BF1942, but only time will tell.

Stay tuned!

« Last Edit: 26-05-2011, 22:05:18 by Archimonday »

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
Re: [Map] Schönberg - Battle of the Bulge
« Reply #1 on: 16-05-2011, 04:05:44 »
will be watching archi
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Archimonday

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-05-2011, 05:05:48 »
hahaha. Working on the terrain right now, since its important to the scenario.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-05-2011, 16:05:38 »
hows it coming along?
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Archimonday

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-05-2011, 20:05:35 »
Terrain painting. Dont rush me my child ;)