Author Topic: "Comander on/off exploit"  (Read 2250 times)

Offline CologneSky

• with FH since the very beginning! (FH 0.5b baby!)
    • View Profile
Re: "Comander on/off exploit"
« Reply #15 on: 03-04-2012, 16:04:56 »
you have seen kill messages because you achieved kills, but "kills" are not your score, field artillery kills are counted on commander's score board but he doesn't recieve any score for that, so for example if you get most kills on the server using field artillery but your team sucks and you resign from commander seat after some time, you won't be first on the server, because your score will be low

And adding to that fact, that you do not get scores for kills, you do get penalties for tkills. And tkills are sometimes very difficult to avoid. Not super fair IMHO..

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03-04-2012, 20:04:45 »
you have seen kill messages because you achieved kills, but "kills" are not your score, field artillery kills are counted on commander's score board but he doesn't recieve any score for that
OK, that's where I got confused then, thx :)

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03-04-2012, 21:04:02 »
Ok I had heard that hopping on and off commander would speed up strike regeneration, that's why people did it. And you weren't the first to get warned for this Cologne, this goes back a long time. But I've never noticed not getting kills as a commander either  :-X
« Last Edit: 03-04-2012, 21:04:52 by psykfallet »

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03-04-2012, 22:04:53 »
I fail to see the problem here. Okay, so technically its an exploit but not one where people have a lot of advantage of. I applaud the guy who makes an effort of trying to get points as a commander because if he gets point that means he's at least doing something of a proper job. His team won't win any sooner or easier.

Comparable to the massive assist-point scoring MG gunner in the Tiger on Ramelle. He really doesn't have to do anything to stay on top of the scoringlost, just underneath the Tiger driver probably. Does his score reflect the amount of work done? No, but at least he tries to do a job that helps the momentum of the level.
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Harmonikater

• FH-Betatester
  • Resident Crazy Composer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04-04-2012, 13:04:14 »
I fail to see the problem here. Okay, so technically its an exploit but not one where people have a lot of advantage of. I applaud the guy who makes an effort of trying to get points as a commander because if he gets point that means he's at least doing something of a proper job. His team won't win any sooner or easier.

Comparable to the massive assist-point scoring MG gunner in the Tiger on Ramelle. He really doesn't have to do anything to stay on top of the scoringlost, just underneath the Tiger driver probably. Does his score reflect the amount of work done? No, but at least he tries to do a job that helps the momentum of the level.

the proper mg gunner on ramelle gets out to repair the tiger and then hops back in to safety for future repairs.
that should be the main focus of the tiger mg gunner, not the scorehogging

its just ridicioulus when the mg gunner ends up with more points then the driver...
I do bad things to the BF2 engine.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04-04-2012, 15:04:13 »
perfect way to enjoy a nice meal, or smoke, or a beer or a woman.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline CologneSky

• with FH since the very beginning! (FH 0.5b baby!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04-04-2012, 20:04:52 »
Ok I had heard that hopping on and off commander would speed up strike regeneration, that's why people did it. And you weren't the first to get warned for this Cologne, this goes back a long time. But I've never noticed not getting kills as a commander either  :-X

well you don't! feel free to try.
and the fact that you get penalized for tkills, makes the arti terribly unattractive, if you don't utilize this "exploit" (imho).