Author Topic: 2.26 compatible (beta version) AI minimod  (Read 10901 times)

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
Re: 2.26 compatible (beta version) AI minimod
« Reply #60 on: 04-07-2010, 20:07:30 »
No luck with the rockets so far - tried changing the Typhoon rocket data in the .tweak file to match that in the AIX P-51, including the MultiFireArmTargetComp bit, but they still don't actually fire the rockets. However, they don't seem to use guns on ground targets anymore despite the guns not being disabled - which suggests that they're trying to fire rockets but for some reason can't.
Saw your post in the other thread re. contacting Clivewil - hope he can help out with this! I think I've given up on this problem for the time being.

I have had more luck with the Stuka siren, I've managed to integrate the AIX code into the FH2 Stuka, but currently the siren only activates when in a very steep dive. I'll see if I can lower the activation speed.

Anyway, I'll be releasing another beta version some time this week. It's not really polished enough for a non-beta release, but I haven't had that much time lately to work on or playtest it so I'd rather get a playable version out now than wait weeks more to get everything working correctly.
I've made numerous improvements + fixes since the last beta, but there are still some annoying bugs like bots not firing at gunner positions, and the CTD on Purple Heart Lane.

Offline DirArtillerySupport

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 04-07-2010, 21:07:08 »
Anyway, I'll be releasing another beta version some time this week. It's not really polished enough for a non-beta release, but I haven't had that much time lately to work on or playtest it so I'd rather get a playable version out now than wait weeks more to get everything working correctly.
I've made numerous improvements + fixes since the last beta, but there are still some annoying bugs like bots not firing at gunner positions, and the CTD on Purple Heart Lane.

Dude...use us.  Since there is little to no help in the single player community turn to your fans....we're real good at bitching. ;)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 06-07-2010, 12:07:38 »
...The P51 was just be in the files though, cuz its not in his test map...
You have to take the Chinese main/airfield, then they'll spawn... ;)

...I have had more luck with the Stuka siren, I've managed to integrate the AIX code into the FH2 Stuka, but currently the siren only activates when in a very steep dive. I'll see if I can lower the activation speed...
IIRC, Clive had to raise(?) the air density on his Daqing Airwar map to get the sirens working properly...

And I'm pretty sure I remember reading on BFSP that BF2 bots won't do steep dives...

EDIT: You should always read the README boys, especially Clive's, they're always good for a laugh... ;)

On the Daqing AirWar map, the P-51D is not missing - the US must capture the enemy airbase and two P-51's will spawn there.

The Stuka sirens (properly named 'the Trombones of Jericho') are fully automatic and triggered by over-speeding; to function properly in a map, the map must have a raised air-density ceiling which is done by pasting 'physics.airDensityZeroAtHeight 5000' without the quotes, at the bottom of the map's init.con

I reserve the right to update these planes as i see fit. I reserve the right to never update them again. I reserve the right to dip them in cheese and nail them to a tree if i so desire.
- Warbirds II Readme
« Last Edit: 06-07-2010, 12:07:38 by cannonfodder »

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 06-07-2010, 21:07:29 »
I'll release the next beta version soon when I've sorted out the Stuka dive siren settings. There are several values which have to be adjusted to change the siren activation/deactivation speed thresholds, and there's a very fine balance between too low (siren tends to stay on almost constantly once the plane has built up speed after a dive, unrealistic and gets annoying quickly) and too high  (siren rarely activates when bots are flying the plane).

Currently I've got it nearly right but it still needs a bit more tweaking. With the AIX dive sound (similar to the FH1 one IIRC) being under Stuka attack is quite scary now  :o, especially on maps like Crete where you're under almost constant attack. It does give you "advance warning" of your tank/vehicle being dive-bombed, though (and possibly time to bail out + take cover) - previously, the whistle of an incoming bomb was usually the first (and last) thing you heard...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 06-07-2010, 22:07:15 »
Swe-eet! can't wait for the release. Arty blasting away, more focused strafing runs, agressive tank engagement and the Stuka divehorn?, man!

If you are going to change it anyway, have you DLed my link to the FH1 divehorn sound? You might find it befitting
http://www.filefront.com/user/mydjinny

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 07-07-2010, 04:07:19 »
Just tried a round of totalize (as Germans), even with our epic German bias we barely won the game... (2 humans on our side, 24 bots, and 40 bots on their side)

when we're defending the windmill, we're simply pinned by MG fire and we can't see anything due to smoke barrages from allied tanks. Fortunately, I was rather accurate with the pzfaust in that round and my teammate did good job shooting enemy tanks.

If their infantry assault is slightly better we'll lose windmill for sure. It is tough to deal with bots who spam shells (HE) at your position. The bots could be better with their airforce too. (i.e. they don't rocket/bomb/strafe us for the whole round)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 07-07-2010, 09:07:42 »
Yes, the rockets are still an issue.

I kinda will miss that about smoke-firing tanks. But until they learn not to fire only that, that would be gone in the next release.

Totalize is my favorite map, a bit of a walk-over for gerry but quite the challenge for the canucks.

I do think Remick would tweak the navmesh a bit to get a more forceful push across the river at all points. Also the total frag count, even at 999% is too low for such an epic map (499 bots a side) Another note for remick

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 07-07-2010, 09:07:18 »
Yes, the rockets are still an issue.

Just for a bit of fun,try this
open a planes tweak file,that doesnt shoot rockets,but has rockets (and one that uses the MG's)
change this,(code from aix_p51d_rockets)

ObjectTemplate.projectileTemplate Cal50_Airplane_Projectile

to this

ObjectTemplate.projectileTemplate P51D_FFAR

Now when they shoot their MG's,out will/should come rockets 

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 07-07-2010, 11:07:48 »
 ;D

The only problem with that is they mainly use the MG's against other aircraft, not ground targets.

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 08-07-2010, 07:07:09 »
I do think Remick would tweak the navmesh a bit to get a more forceful push across the river at all points. Also the total frag count, even at 999% is too low for such an epic map (499 bots a side) Another note for remick

Didn't I tell you to edit the Init.con file in the server.zip to fix the ticket ratio? :P If you're playing co-op it's useing the ticket ratio for the 16 player size... but since there is no 16 player size for Totalize the default is 50 per team. Which is far to low for this map. change the 'gameLogic.setDefaultNumberOfTicketsEx 16' lines to whatever you wantever you want... line '1' is germany and '2' is canada, I believe. This is an issue on a couple maps that don't have 16 player sizes... and something I certainly hope to fix.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 08-07-2010, 08:07:42 »
Thanks Remick.... I now recall that fix, sorry.

I hope I'm not off on this, but are there any more maps from either tweaked older maps or formerly un-navmeshed maps that you have now done that we can get our hands on?

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 08-07-2010, 09:07:07 »
;D

The only problem with that is they mainly use the MG's against other aircraft, not ground targets.

So then open the weapons AI file and change this

rem * Machine gun *
weaponTemplate.create AIX_P51D_Cannons
weaponTemplate.indirect 0
weaponTemplate.minRange 5.0
weaponTemplate.maxRange 500.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength Infantry    0.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength LightArmour 5.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength HeavyArmour 3.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength NavalArmour 0.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength Helicopter  0.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength Airplane    9.0
weaponTemplate.fireRate 600
weaponTemplate.allowedDeviation 15.0
weaponTemplate.deviationCorrectionTime 0.5
weaponTemplate.deviation 1.0

To this

rem * Machine gun *
weaponTemplate.create AIX_P51D_Cannons
weaponTemplate.indirect 0
weaponTemplate.minRange 5.0
weaponTemplate.maxRange 500.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength Infantry    0.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength LightArmour 5.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength HeavyArmour 1 000 000.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength NavalArmour 0.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength Helicopter  0.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength Airplane    5.0
weaponTemplate.fireRate 600
weaponTemplate.allowedDeviation 15.0
weaponTemplate.deviationCorrectionTime 0.5
weaponTemplate.deviation 1.0

Example might be slightly exxagerated  ;)

If that works,then i will tell you phase 2  :)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 08-07-2010, 10:07:02 »
Ok, gimme ten minutes...

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 08-07-2010, 10:07:02 »
set this
weaponTemplate.setStrength HeavyArmour 1 000 000.0

to this
weaponTemplate.setStrength HeavyArmour 50.0

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 08-07-2010, 11:07:17 »
That's pretty funny... ;D

...but the bots aren't using the MG's now. Although when I posted this:
...The only problem with that is they mainly use the MG's against other aircraft, not ground targets.
...I hadn't actually tried it, so I'm not 100% sure if the Typhoon's (on Totalize) were using their MG's beforehand. Djinn will know.