Author Topic: Retreating? We're advancing in a different direction  (Read 2127 times)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
Re: Retreating? We're advancing in a different direction
« Reply #15 on: 06-02-2011, 19:02:09 »
I can run/jog backward, but I can't sprint. I say keep it as-is.

you cant fall ingame, IRL  you can.

Offline Yronno

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06-02-2011, 19:02:30 »
I'm not fully opposed. People mention that walking backwards is pretty easy... maybe on a track. In sand, on grass with rocks and tree roots, on an uneven stone path, it gets more difficult. Tripping is not fun.

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06-02-2011, 21:02:19 »
Correct me if I'm wrong,l but these are VERY rare weapons.

Ok, now the way I understand FH2 to work, the game tries to create the feel of WW2 for a regular soldier. So we have pickup kits, kit limiting etc, not just for balance, but more importantly, to represent the ratios and order of WW2... Now we don't have those in currently - And might NEVER, because by the ratios, those would likely be under a 0 chance of being in, based on current scale.

I'm not even talking about those vehicles, just the fact that they were made implies that AT guns were used that way often enough...

Just like being able to hide in cupboards, it was rare enough not to be included into gameplay, so as not to eject a player from that feeling of what WW2 would really be like.... kinda like running backwards, drawing out your weapon or reloading at the same time. while some other guy dashes towards you and tries to stab you... having to stop because he cannot stab and dash at the same time, and hence allowing you to keep ahead of his knife edge... IMO, that is called an exploit.

Well apparently bf2's engine can't help it so deal with it. I for one would rather be able to stab while running than have to move backward like an 80 years old...

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06-02-2011, 22:02:45 »
I'm not fully opposed. People mention that walking backwards is pretty easy... maybe on a track. In sand, on grass with rocks and tree roots, on an uneven stone path, it gets more difficult. Tripping is not fun.
You just look backwards and it's as easy as walking forwards. Especially since walking in FH2 is at a leisurely stroll pace instead of jogging.

Anywho, realistic or not, it means I can kill 12-year old knife rambo's with ease as long as there isn't anything behind me. So all is well. (Yes the only reason I hate knifing is because I always lose knife-fights because of ping and my general failure of an existence)
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06-02-2011, 22:02:41 »
hmm... so its not a logical accident... I see.

Well, why didn't y'all say so. Cuz for a sec there i thought I was losing it seeing so many people opposed to what I figured was a no-brainer of an idea....

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06-02-2011, 22:02:38 »
I would also want melee weapons to have the inverse effect of mgs i.e not being able to use them in prone... Sure you can, but with heavy clothing, your position wont afford for a strong enough thrust to kill a man. And if you get shot and stab the guy at the same time, it makes no sense why he should die, and you just bleed....IMO, prone knifing should also go.
I rarely agree with djinn.

But when I do, I agree 110%.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07-02-2011, 03:02:36 »
You just look backwards and it's as easy as walking forwards.

well then turn your body and run foward, away from the knife. moving backwards represents the real life movement backwards, and when we move backwards, we move carefully to not fall (since falling is not possible to do ingame).

in an unrelated note, i would like knife (and melee weapons in general) to be able to fire when running, since ....well you know, you are charging ! you run fast and stick the blade at full speed to do mayor damage :P