Author Topic: Optics  (Read 1892 times)

Offline nysä

• View Profile
Optics
« on: 10-02-2016, 20:02:47 »
I was delighted to read the changelog and notice that the Ferdinand will have proper - Sfl.Z.F. 1 - optics. Since this seems do-able, maybe the developers could also give proper optics for following vehicles:

StuG IV = Sfl.Z.F. 1
Jagdpanther = WZF 1/4 (10x)

also... the StuG IV presented in the game didn't have co-axial MG.

It would be nice if certain German tank destroyers (Ferdinand, Jagdpanzer IV) would feature a gun port (for MG/MP), but it's probably quite difficult to code (?). Even the earliest Ferdinands were equipped with the MG42 (in the fighting compartment), so maybe one player could deploy and shoot from one of these hatches; 

« Last Edit: 10-02-2016, 21:02:44 by nysä »

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
Re: Optics
« Reply #1 on: 10-02-2016, 20:02:16 »

It would be nice if certain German tank destroyers (Ferdinand, Jagdpanzer IV) would feature a gun port (for MG/MP), but it's probably quite difficult to code (?)

that would be possible, because they have them already in universal carriers (if i'm right) where you can shoot out with any weapon.
There aren't enough Italian tanks.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-06-2016, 14:06:41 »
Hopefully in the next update, someone in the dev team will have time to switch Sfl.Z.F. 1 for the StuG IV.

Anyway, the 'Rundumfeuer' could also use some revamping.. reticle from the war time report:

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-07-2016, 20:07:04 »

It would be nice if certain German tank destroyers (Ferdinand, Jagdpanzer IV) would feature a gun port (for MG/MP), but it's probably quite difficult to code (?)

that would be possible, because they have them already in universal carriers (if i'm right) where you can shoot out with any weapon.

Wouldt it be possible to adapt the vBF2 APC mechaics for that? In the LAV25 or BTR90 you could fire an mp or rifle (not your rifle) out of gun ports as a passenger. It wasnt very accurate and effective or offered any long range capability. But for fh2 i van immediately imagine this feature for self defense in some cumbersome tanks, and it would easily simulate mp ports.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 21-10-2016, 21:10:26 »

That was amusing me the other day because ArmA3 had this huge thing at one point about "soldiers being able to shoot out of vehicles"  ::)