Author Topic: Is anyone using nVidia 3D Vision to play FH2?  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone using nVidia 3D Vision to play FH2?
« Reply #15 on: 24-02-2010, 03:02:57 »
The resurgence of 3D happened before Avatar. Avatar just made it grow even larger ;)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24-02-2010, 04:02:47 »
Badass movie.  Breakin' necks and cashin' checks. 

Anyway an Asain boy I know who predictably was at a computer store tried out one of these, he said it was cool.

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #17 on: 24-02-2010, 07:02:05 »
I dont think our tech is at the point yet where 3D can catch on.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24-02-2010, 23:02:43 »
Since all the major players are bringing out 3D TV's (Sony, Philips, Samsung, etc) and some broadcasters (Sky Channel) are pushing 3d streams, I say, that this third wave of 3d technology has a great chance of catching on.
Even the Playstation 3 will or is supporting 3D functionality.
The thing to remember is that like surround sound, you don't want to have hours of non-stop surround sound or 3D. It would make you mad.

Even better would be 3D without the glasses, I reckons this is preventing full scale adaptation.
Unlike surround sound which you install once and poof it's there, you have to wear glasses, which is annoying for people who have towear glasses and also annoying for those who normally never wear glasses.

@Kev
You forgot the taste and smell of war. The smell of scorched earth and the taste of mud in your mouth.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25-02-2010, 01:02:56 »
3D TV is supposed to be the next "thing" (glasses and all) so I don't see why gaming won't be far that far behind...

PC Games will always take the lead on such technology (in the home). 3D TV will come later if it becomes succesful with 3D PC Games.

Offline Hanley

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25-02-2010, 07:02:33 »
Don't be so sure

3D TV that doesn't require glasses, relatively low resolution and only one viewing angle, but still stunning. (This one has a demonstration video)

Article about a different 3D TV that doesn't require glasses, 64 viewing angles. We should get more info on this one soon, according to the article. They'll be showing it off in Hannover on March 2nd, supposedly.

It's all about TVs right now, but what's a computer monitor but a stripped down TV?

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25-02-2010, 08:02:36 »
Soon we will have Holoprojectors!

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25-02-2010, 12:02:22 »
Don't be so sure

3D TV that doesn't require glasses, relatively low resolution and only one viewing angle, but still stunning. (This one has a demonstration video)

Article about a different 3D TV that doesn't require glasses, 64 viewing angles. We should get more info on this one soon, according to the article. They'll be showing it off in Hannover on March 2nd, supposedly.

It's all about TVs right now, but what's a computer monitor but a stripped down TV?

They're still nowhere near as practical as a regular TV. It shows promise IF they can develop it further. I'd rather use 3D glasses then sit at a specific location with sub-720p resolution.

And computer monitors differ quite a bit from TVs, generically atleast. Computer monitors have text as a first priority, and video as a second priority. TVs have video as first, and text as second. As a side effect, computer monitors are much better for games where the colour of each individual pixel matters. Monitors also have lower input lag. There are exceptions of course, as these are only results of the design goal's of an LCD screen.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25-02-2010, 12:02:38 »
Soon we will have Holoprojectors!

Well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9af-aX-UDDM

Doesn't seem really usable yet, but the demonstration is quite interesting.  :)