Author Topic: Tunis 64  (Read 32818 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Tunis 64
« on: 29-03-2009, 12:03:12 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tunis 64
« Reply #1 on: 29-03-2009, 21:03:53 »
Neez moar Lafette.

Otherwise, the map is perfect, and imo, one of the best maps currently ingame :D

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #2 on: 29-03-2009, 21:03:29 »
One of the most fun maps in game.
Things that could be improved:
Heavy limiting on MG34, 1/2 pick up MG42's and MG34 Lafette's! So more balance with limiting the MG34 spamfest.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-03-2009, 21:03:35 »
Um, fuchs, there's only one pick up :P

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #4 on: 29-03-2009, 21:03:48 »
Notice the 's, I want more  ;D
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

azreal

« Reply #5 on: 29-03-2009, 21:03:13 »
Isn't there a static lafette on top of the last flag at the building (the German HQ I think) And nice to see Von Mudra and all his crazy antics here now  ;D

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29-03-2009, 21:03:14 »
Ohh, misread you, Fuchs :D

Yes, moar plez.

And woot woot, my antics are off the hook DAWG.

Ok, I'll stop now>__>

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29-03-2009, 22:03:18 »
The map is unbalanced right now, I would consider givin the brits the first flag at the start of the round (the one neutral right now). Also limit the MG34s and please god no MG42s on that map.

Offline Remdul

• Reverse Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Pie!
    • View Profile
    • ByteHazard
« Reply #8 on: 30-03-2009, 00:03:10 »
Some parts of this map have been redesigned already to balance it better. We've yet to test it internally though.

Offline altfuture

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-03-2009, 03:03:03 »
Good to hear.

A thing that bothers me much with this map and some others are fences that are placed to be very hard to jump across while in reality they wouldn't be. For example, if the fence was only a few centimeters lower it would cause no trouble, but because it's not usually a whole bunch of people struggles trying to jump over it while losing fatigue like hell. It pisses me off, frankly :)

There is one fence like this south-east on this map if I remember well, that makes such problems all the time. I hope it is considered to be fixed, if possible at the moment?
BRAINFORCE squad

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01-04-2009, 02:04:22 »
Every single MG on this map works in favour of the germans as a serious chance to stop allied progress. Even the british ones are suggestive to hesitate and to camp. But obviously the germans don't need to be favoured. The S-mines are removed from the scout class but brens are given. That is not very consistent, I think.
Shouldn't the brits get some special equipment for their last assault on the african continent? I'm not quiete sure about the historical facts though.

As a player the situation is desperate. As german you're supposed to win with ease, everything else would be a shame. And the brits got no hope and usually fall back after they capped the central square or even before, only trying to kill the germans by setting up a defense.

There are only a few small passages leading to even smaller bottlenecks, all in a bent tube. No wonder somebody called it Unreal Tunisment. No hard feelings please, but that describes the map best. If you want it that way, then it's all fine, isn't it? However, I don't see big chances to make major changes with minor fixes.

What came to my mind was to open the area between british and german HQ, adding statics and stuff, abandoning the idea of a push map. But this is nothing I pondered long about. But just to show how big the changes would have to be.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01-04-2009, 02:04:10 »
No wonder somebody called it Unreal Tunisment.

8)

my meme catches on...

anyway, the main problem seems to be the first flag. Once the british cap harbor, the gameplay usually get much more fluid and I have often seen the german getting pushed back to the last flag. I'd say give that flag to the british in the beginning and the map will be much better.

Offline altfuture

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01-04-2009, 04:04:28 »
I completely agree with Dukat.

Imo, there shouldn't be concentrated fronts on such a tight map. There should at least be many alternative ways to move from point A to B (which could be achieved by opening the locked area of the map, even if that would require more serious work) instead of only one or two which are always ambushed and impossible to breach.

You spawn and die constantly. I mean it does depend on one's skill to survive and fight, but not every day is a good day. Sometimes I am back from work tired and my reflexes get slower, or I just don't have luck - and i constantly keep dying at the spawn point or a few meters away. I usually quit the game because its impossible to play it flawlessly unless you're in a perfect mood. This is mostly a reason I stopped playing FH in past few months, and Tunis especially emphases this problem.

BRAINFORCE squad

Offline Niebler

• View Profile
    • 130th Panzer Lehr Division
« Reply #13 on: 01-04-2009, 06:04:37 »
It would have to be tested, but what about one commando kit with the grappling hook that spawns at the british main? that or have squad leaders have them, but that might be 'too' much.
Sig editted (oversize)

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02-04-2009, 09:04:33 »
First brits just need to rush the harbor and capture it, rest shouldnt be so problematic. Brits need to be fast at the start.